Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 person serving F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by MANCHESTER
Apologies if there was not enough info...I'm on holiday so trying to have a www break!

There were no major major issues, just all very slow, a stressed FA, long waits for everything and just very sub par. As this was a cash booking, just wanted to know if it is worth asking for a few Avios, however unlikely it is!

Food was very good though, and FA lovely.....even though it took nearly 4 hours to do lunch ! Very good for BA that is..

Any way, email sent, breath not held!!!!

Thanks all for comments
Thanks for coming back with an update. To clarify, was the FA cooking the food in the galley as well as serving?

Wishing you happy holidays.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Apologies if there was not enough info...I'm on holiday so trying to have a www break!

There were no major major issues, just all very slow, a stressed FA, long waits for everything and just very sub par. As this was a cash booking, just wanted to know if it is worth asking for a few Avios, however unlikely it is!

Food was very good though, and FA lovely.....even though it took nearly 4 hours to do lunch ! Very good for BA that is..

Any way, email sent, breath not held!!!!

Thanks all for comments
Much depends which flight you were on....you didn't say?

If it was a day flight from T5 then a slow service would suit me as I would have made full use of the CCR dining facilities before boarding. The length of flight is also relevant.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Thanks for coming back with an update. To clarify, was the FA cooking the food in the galley as well as serving?

Wishing you happy holidays.
See post 19.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

I'm not sure if a slow service is a compensation issue unless it caused you reduced sleep or something like that, but I think you did the right thing by complaining, for the following reasons:

1) BA needs to realise that this is not an acceptable crewing level to provide a decent service (in case they dare try to reduce the crew level in F)

2) BA needs to realise that the strike is causing dissatisfaction among customers even when the flight is not delayed/cancelled through poor service standards

One person doing the galley and service is no way to do the service in F, really. Not even right if it were CW level service.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I'm not sure if a slow service is a compensation issue unless it caused you reduced sleep or something like that, but I think you did the right thing by complaining, for the following reasons:

1) BA needs to realise that this is not an acceptable crewing level to provide a decent service (in case they dare try to reduce the crew level in F)

2) BA needs to realise that the strike is causing dissatisfaction among customers even when the flight is not delayed/cancelled through poor service standards

One person doing the galley and service is no way to do the service in F, really. Not even right if it were CW level service.
As I have just posted in the MF strike thread, I had this yesterday - one cabin crew member for F to SJC.

I fully agree with your comments / observations.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:57 am

Of course it is poor service from BA when someone has paid a FC fare.

However I guess the alternative here was probably to cancel the flight? No compensation payable but disruption to all concerned.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by simons1

However I guess the alternative here was probably to cancel the flight? No compensation payable but disruption to all concerned.
Or continue the flight,apologise to all the F passengers and offer some sort of service recovery.Instead BA takes the money offers poor service and keeps quiet.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
Or continue the flight,apologise to all the F passengers and offer some sort of service recovery.Instead BA takes the money offers poor service and keeps quiet.
Indeed I agree. That's what decent airlines do. About as likely as a flying pig on BA though.
rapidex likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

Agree that a cancellation would have been worse.

The alternative is also to resolve the strike. Whatever the rights and wrongs, the uncertainty, downgrading of service, cancellations are becoming increasingly frustrating for many good BA customers.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: BA silver
By allowing the First cabin only one cc and not thinking about the value being diminished BA will have had First passengers who think this is normal. A huge benefit of First is getting a good sleep. If it took 4 hours to complete a dinner service it meant far less rest. How many passengers will just look elsewhere? Those like me, who only book First through avios will no doubt continue. But the real money makers for BA will just move on. Let's face it, they will wonder how bad CW is.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
Agree, rather than leaving the remaining front line staff to deal with it.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I've done 9 First sectors during strike dates and all those flights were very good to excellent, with a full compliment of crew.
I think we all need to be flying when you do as your experiences seem to be far better than most of us are m here on practically everything.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Indeed I agree. That's what decent airlines do. About as likely as a flying pig on BA though.
If a flying cow very likely on QR
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

I am certainly not saying that the alternative of cancelling the flight was better. That would have caused even worse inconvenience than slow service.

However, those affected by poor service due to the strike need emphasise to BA that it doesn't mean customers are not being upset just because they are not needing to cancel the flight, and express their dissatisfaction. Otherwise it might end up carrying on bumping along.

In other words, complaints may help a tiny bit towards ending this strike.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat

In other words, complaints may help a tiny bit towards ending this strike.
With the attitude the BA of today shows towards passengers, sorry, I find this statement quite detached from reality. Or, perhaps GGL's always get different CR responses to us "mere" Golds.

I do agree that one should complain but I more suspect that the reply would add insult to injury rather than adding one ounce of pressure on BA to settle the MF dispute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.