Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 person serving F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
My plan is to eat in the CCR and not much on board - other than a lot of LPGS so hopefully this won't be dragged out too long.
Given the flight timings, the time zones and risk of jet lag, this is a great idea anyway, well, excluding the alcohol obviously. Wake up 2 hours early on the day of departure. What I would do, however, is ask the crew member to keep aside something specific from the main menu. After the crew member has dealt with the main early flight service fore everyone else, on a flight that long you should get a reasonable level of service mid flight onwards on that aircraft.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro
As I'm feelng generous I'll write the customer service reply for them.
I'd hate to see the customer service reply you'd write if you were NOT feeling generous!!

(Actually, I lie. I'd LOVE to see that reply!!!)

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
EF tells me there are 7 sold seats (F seat Map confirms this) I'd be really annoyed (and also sympathetic to the one) if it turns out there is only one member of cabin crew working F.
Where in ExpertFlyer does it show you how many seats have been sold - as opposed to the number of seats remaining on sale in any particular fare category?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Where in ExpertFlyer does it show you how many seats have been sold - as opposed to the number of seats remaining on sale in any particular fare category?
I asked on the Availability thread a while ago and 1 seat was for sale, apologies I didn't word it this way..
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. To clarify, the poor lady was rushing about and trying to cook and serve everyone. Can't fault her effort, but it was just all sooo slow and lacking in proactive service. Not due to a poor server, due to a total workload overload!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:08 am

Totally crazy Manchester, even the BA F lovers here would have an issue with that service.

Shame on BA for putting her in that position.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Complain that was terrible service, why did she put herself in the position of working on flights that are not fully crewed, she has no one to blame but herself.

Last edited by Can I help you; Aug 14, 2017 at 10:05 am
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER
She was lovely and I could not fault her, but needless to say she could not give the service you'd expect due to 6/8 seats being taken. Is the view that this is acceptable or should I ask for any compensation as it really was not up the scratch!
You have lost me!?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by icegirl
You have lost me!?
Well, if the person was doing everything they could and their only 'fault' was that they were working the cabin alone, then one can hardly blame the person, can't one? Surely the airline is to blame here if someone wants to complain?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
1 for F is not good enough for F, but we need more details about the nature of the delays.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:23 am

I wonder if this is a sector where the crew member needs mandatory in flight rest.What would happen then?F galley empty?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They would have to take a break and would be be replaced by a crewmember from another cabin leaving that cabin short of crew.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 710 77345
Totally crazy Manchester, even the BA F lovers here would have an issue with that service.

Shame on BA for putting her in that position.
I once had to serve drinks and make BBQ for 12 demanding women. All carried out successfully without breaking into a sweat.
mking likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
They would have to take a break and would be be replaced by a crewmember from another cabin leaving that cabin short of crew.
Would that cabin have enough crew if they are required to also take a break?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is enough, enough to cover the safety requirements or enough to offer any kind of service?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:09 am

Sorry for the (possibly) stupid question. For people flying with BA during the industrial action, have BA warned you about a possible reduction of service during these times?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.