FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1 person serving F
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:33 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER99
A couple of days ago I got a call from BA replying to my feedback. It was a brief call where I was told they are sorry, it's all due to the strikes, they hope I will fly again with them and no I'm not getting any compo, not even a few avios to say sorry! Not surprised, but it's really made me not want to give them any more of my cash whilst they have this attitude. Am off to Miami soon and will fly someone else, even if the cost is higher or the route less convenient.
I think I can dispense with the usual greeting to new members! But if you are not happy with this outcome, and are prepared to take it further, you do have a few options open to you if you don't think you got the service you paid for:
- CEDR
- MCOL
- Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act
I appreciate it may be more hassle than it is worth, but if enough people did it, it may just swing the pendulum a bit over from its current position. I did detect a small amount of movement recently, but it is certainly difficult to detect in this case.