Search

Should BA have a dress code?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
b

Mind you, there's touristy Hawaiian shirts and Hawaiian Hawaiian shirts ( two tone , more subtle)
Ps Did you buy any Hawaiian CrazyT shirts Uncle T or your iWife? Perfect long lasting quality if I may say!!!

Travelling to Austria, Switzerland, Germany : lederhosen is a must.

For Netherlands obviously heavy wooden clogs.

For Belgium? ... Anything goes, as long as it is accompanied by a bowl of chips and mayonnaise or tartare sauce or pickles
Very true, I lived and worked in Fiji for 2 years (in a local office environment) and Pacific-style shirts (or bula shirts as they call them there) were standard office wear. I'd have looked very out of place, and very much like a tourist, wearing a long sleeve shirt and tie or worse some kind of linen get up.

You've reminded me how I miss wearing a flowery shirt and sulu to work, perfect for the climate too, a breeze in all the right places
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by sdix
Dress code for employee/non rev pax - yes

Dress code for paying pax - no

Personally I'm a big supporter of tight clothes for women And for equality I see no problem with shorts for men.
Shorts for good looking tanned men of course...who look good in shorts.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: gate lice
Originally Posted by sdix
Dress code for employee/non rev pax - yes

Dress code for paying pax - no

Personally I'm a big supporter of tight clothes for women And for equality I see no problem with shorts for men.
for hot women
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
It's a daft premise. Not surprising the thread dissolved into summer-season silliness
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:10 am

People worrying about others dress sense on public transport suggests a complete disconnect with the World.

The personal stress, anger and jealousy you are feeling at others is probably very bad for your health and relationships with loved ones.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
The temperature on many BA flights pretty much requires wearing shorts and a t-shirt or sleeveless top when trying to sleep in club world or first.

I'd be willing to wear pajamas if they could keep the temperature around 66F/19C.
seanp7 and Lucanesque like this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by steadman
People worrying about others dress sense on public transport suggests a complete disconnect with the World.

The personal stress, anger and jealousy you are feeling at others is probably very bad for your health and relationships with loved ones.
I'm of the opinion that Flyertalk is a form of therapy. It allows people to get rid of their negative emotions making them mentally healthier which in turn will make them easier to live with.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by ChrL
The temperature on many BA flights pretty much requires wearing shorts and a t-shirt or sleeveless top when trying to sleep in club world or first.

I'd be willing to wear pajamas if they could keep the temperature around 66F/19C.
Don't the pilots control the cabin temperatures?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by V10
Dat heb ik gedaan. Ik vond het niet zo leuk.
Ah, da's spijtig!
Hope they still do the scrumptuous 'open' crab baguette type sandwiches in Antwerpen!
Hope you at least like the 'Brusselse wafel mee slagroom en edbezen'
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Good, so that's sorted.

You start on Monday at 5:30am

M
Darling - I don't go to bed some nights before 5.30 - and you think that I'm going to start laying down the law in some Lounge when I should be laying down myself? Ice your cocoa!

Whilst we're about it - I do not recall any discussion about salary or travel benefits.

Still - I might be tempted just to read the Scream Fest here about this demented Gargoyle fresh from Notre Dame with a witch's cut price wig smacked me for using my mobile phone - what compensation am I due??

NWIflyer, mon Ange if what I hear is true - you and I can go Clubbing as Paris Hilton and Britney and be New Best Friends! We can do a remake of Lady and The Tramp! We'll be rich and famous and fly in Private Jets safe from all the Riff Raff in Airport Lounges!
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by :D!
Dress codes offend me.
They offend me too. A few years ago when I was managing a technology department in a law firm of note, I led a campaign of civil disobedience against the then dress code which was not only far too gender specific but required ties for men. This made the code almost impossible to enforce and annoyed both my more staid colleagues lawyers and the HR department - two added advantages.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by hsmall
They offend me too. A few years ago when I was managing a technology department in a law firm of note, I led a campaign of civil disobedience against the then dress code which was not only far too gender specific but required ties for men. This made the code almost impossible to enforce and annoyed both my more staid colleagues lawyers and the HR department - two added advantages.
Heaven forbid you should have to dress appropriately when representing someone else's business.
20Rothmans likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:10 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by hsmall
Good for you, Sir. Ties, Human Remains and lawyers - quite the triumvirate of ignoble scourges of the workplace.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by kb9522
Heaven forbid you should have to dress appropriately when representing someone else's business.
I am perfectly happy to put on a shirt and tie when representing in public that tiny proportion of clients who expect it - they're paying, after all - but when working in my own office it doesn't matter a damn what I am wearing.

Incidentally people wearing suits and ties wanting business in the Valley from tech companies won't get much, in my experience.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by V10
Good for you, Sir. Ties, Human Remains and lawyers - quite the triumvirate of ignoble scourges of the workplace.
well I am actually one of those scourges - but maybe not a "normal" one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.