Wednesday 26 July - see post 75
Tuesday 25 July - see post 60
Monday 24 July - see post 56
Friday 21 July to Sunday 23 July - see post 59
Print Wikipost

BA Mixed Fleet Strike 2017 - cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BA6948
All charters from Heathrow have been cancelled today.
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
Not sure where you are getting this from, but check again. BA operated 8 charters today, including one 767.
They also did one of those Fly With Confidence flights today, according to thebasource.

Don't look at Flight Status for Charter cancellations. The reason being they need to get reallocated in the system as a FLY hack (so the boarding passes can be read properly), and thereby often get two entries, a cancellation line and a real information line.

The only real cancellations I can see today are the Doha and Muscat services, which would be just about the easiest to transfer passengers to other flights. BA123 and BA79 respectively. Judging from other posts, passengers would have been told about this several days ago. All shorthaul operated.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They also did one of those Fly With Confidence flights today, according to thebasource.

Don't look at Flight Status for Charter cancellations. The reason being they need to get reallocated in the system as a FLY hack (so the boarding passes can be read properly), and thereby often get two entries, a cancellation line and a real information line.

The only real cancellations I can see today are the Doha and Muscat services, which would be just about the easiest to transfer passengers to other flights. BA123 and BA79 respectively. Judging from other posts, passengers would have been told about this several days ago. All shorthaul operated.
thanks I didn't know that. I was looking at flight status on BA and all charter flights were displayed as cancelled.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:57 am
WSM

My flight to LAS tomorrow cancelled - BA271 I think it was.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by WSM
My flight to LAS tomorrow cancelled - BA271 I think it was.
BA275. What rebooking options were you offered?

Flying to Vegas ex DUB in a few days, getting about nervous...
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
I'm flying BA275 a few days before the end of this period of strikes, in First, so I'm a bit concerned if these are now being cancelled, especially since I have quite a tight schedule to follow at the other end.

Would be interesting to hear about what people are rebooked on.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA (Gold), GF (Gold), EY (Silver), EK; Hilton (Diamond)
BA125 LHR-BAH (and 124 BAH-LHR) on 23/7 (24/7) canceled

Flights this week on this route running busy with families heading to the UK for summer vacations and/or university graduations

Impact finally starting to hit?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
ORD-LHR

I know the BA296/7 was cancelled at least once during the previous strike period. Does anyone know if it was more than once? Am on the 296 a couple of Sundays from now...
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Crickey! I am 297 on the 14th Aug and 296 on the 4th Sept...
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Just the 17 cancellations today plus all the QR operated flights, this strike really isn't having any effect!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Due to be flying back on Tuesday LHR-EDI. Most late afternoon flights cancelled. Wasn't rebooked. An hour on phone trying to sort out. Now on alternative routing. Dont have any issue with the strikers but how is it always so painful to re-route with BA compared to American carriers ?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ArthursSeat
Due to be flying back on Tuesday LHR-EDI. Most late afternoon flights cancelled. Wasn't rebooked. An hour on phone trying to sort out. Now on alternative routing. Dont have any issue with the strikers but how is it always so painful to re-route with BA compared to American carriers ?
It's an engrained cultural difference. Americans are more flexible. Often less polite and refined in customer service roles. But more willing to think outside the box to get to an effective solution.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by sts603
It's an engrained cultural difference. Americans are more flexible. Often less polite and refined in customer service roles. But more willing to think outside the box to get to an effective solution.
Oh yes. I will never forget that day when we were given our new boarding passes in PHL during deboarding when we were delayed and knew we would miss our onward flight.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Just the 17 cancellations today plus all the QR operated flights, this strike really isn't having any effect!
Some of these will have been down to bad weather over Europe... but ba.com shows at least four US MF routes so you definitely do have a point! Do you think the number cancelled each day will rise or stay at this rate?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:03 am

Hi there
Booked on Ba067 next weekend LHR TO PHI with onward flights to ORL with Ba/AA

Flights has been cancelled at least twice a week - sometimes three times in the last three weeks - I could fly a day earlier and want to give BA alternatives but is there anything I can do to make sure we definitely travel on that day?

Thanks

J

Originally Posted by gordondd9
BWI misconnects with INV service unfortunately. IAD is an option
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jonteedrama
Hi there
Booked on Ba067 next weekend LHR TO PHI with onward flights to ORL with Ba/AA

Flights has been cancelled at least twice a week - sometimes three times in the last three weeks - I could fly a day earlier and want to give BA alternatives but is there anything I can do to make sure we definitely travel on that day?

Thanks

J
You won't have any luck getting BA to voluntarily re route you prior to the official cancellation, if it happens. You have to wait for the text / email then have a plan up your sleeve as the offer may not suit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.