FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Mixed Fleet Strike 2017 - cancellations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1850323-ba-mixed-fleet-strike-2017-cancellations.html)

gordondd9 Jun 27, 2017 7:50 am

BA Mixed Fleet Strike 2017 - cancellations

Booked and ticketed in J on PHL-LHR sector for travel on July 6. BA 66 cancelled this morning for my outbound trip. Offered Y on AA metal same night PHL-LHR or J on BA metal the day before. If I take AA option in Y, will I be entitled to EC 261 compensation? I believe yes, but would appreciate some insight recognizing challenges of actually receiving payment!

KARFA Jun 27, 2017 7:54 am

What date specifically? On a quick look at expertflyer I don't seem any days during teh first week of July where J is completely closed on AA flights PHL-LHR so I am not sure why you couldn't be re-accommodated in J? Also even of there were no J seats available for PHL-LHR on your date there surely must be on AA or BA if you are rebooked connecting to any of the other East Coast departure point?

KARFA Jun 27, 2017 7:55 am

Oh, also it's still 2017 btw ;)

nufnuf77 Jun 27, 2017 7:59 am

what about phl-clt-lhr or phl-mia-lhr or phl-dfw-lhr?

gordondd9 Jun 27, 2017 8:11 am

Thx for points and edits. It is July 6 PHL-LHR BA 66 cancelled. Other options such as IAD, EWR are possible but cause logisitical issues for myself and family. Knowing how poor BA downgrade refunds are when they can escape EC 261 (BA ticketed but AA metal) I am trying to ascertain my rights in advance. Thanks for any insight.

KARFA Jun 27, 2017 8:19 am

Aha, 6 July, thanks for adding it. So this is what EF says for that date for the two AA direct flights:

AA 736 - 06/07/17 7:15 PM
J3 R0 D0 I0 Y7 B0 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7

AA 728 - 8:40 PM LHR
J2 R0 D0 I0 Y7 B0 H7 K7 M7 L7 G7 V7 S7 N7 Q7 O7

So it seems there is some limited space on the AA flights still. Also as noted by nufnuf77 there are lots of possibilities if you are willing to add a connection from PHL to somewhere else before the TATL.

If not though and BA are not booking you on to AA that day you would go a different day as noted. If you went for the Y flight I am not sure about EC261 and whether it applies - you do seem to have options which don't involve a downgrade though.

MPH1980 Jun 27, 2017 8:20 am

Perhaps a wiki should be added?

KARFA Jun 27, 2017 8:21 am

Originally Posted by MPH1980 (Post 28491528)
Perhaps a wiki should be added?

I think there is already a thread which is supposed to be aimed at helping with issues arising from the strikes though http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...w-dispute.html

MPH1980 Jun 27, 2017 8:22 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28491532)
I think there is already a thread which is supposed to be aimed at helping with issues arising from the strikes though http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...w-dispute.html

That thread is huge though and perhaps the conversation about the strike should be separated from those who need info/assistance about flights during it.

I'm thinking something like happened with the IT issue - one thread for discussion, one thread for help.

gordondd9 Jun 27, 2017 8:38 am

Thanks. As an aside I am able to view Apollo GDS and they show zero availability on both AA PHL-LHR flights (unlike Expert Flyer). Generally I would trust GDS over EP for last seat availability.
The problem with connections is I have onward flight LHR-INV which only flies once daily. My preference is alt flight and not fight EC 261.

KARFA Jun 27, 2017 8:49 am

Originally Posted by gordondd9 (Post 28491603)
Thanks. As an aside I am able to view Apollo GDS and they show zero availability on both AA PHL-LHR flights (unlike Expert Flyer). Generally I would trust GDS over EP for last seat availability.
The problem with connections is I have onward flight LHR-INV which only flies once daily. My preference is alt flight and not fight EC 261.

Are you looking at US POS though? I am looking at UK POS so perhaps that's why there is a difference?

wrp96 Jun 27, 2017 8:53 am

One option I see with at least one business class seat for sale on the 6th is PHL-ORD-LHR-INV. You mention logistical issues for you and your family. Are you trying to get one seat or multiple seats?

gordondd9 Jun 27, 2017 9:13 am

Need 2 seats and looking at US POS. I have meeting in Baltimore which limits how early I can leave and the LHR-INV flight on other end is other issue. Thanks for all input.

nufnuf77 Jun 27, 2017 9:23 am

Originally Posted by gordondd9 (Post 28491742)
Need 2 seats and looking at US POS. I have meeting in Baltimore which limits how early I can leave and the LHR-INV flight on other end is other issue. Thanks for all input.

there is BWI flight to UK, or you can head over to IAD/DCA and catch a flight from there?

gordondd9 Jun 27, 2017 9:29 am

BWI misconnects with INV service unfortunately. IAD is an option