Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Should Alex Cruz step down or be replaced? [FT poll]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Should Alex Cruz (BA's Chief Executive and Chairman) step down or be replaced?
Yes
93.91%
No
6.09%
Voters: 936. You may not vote on this poll

Should Alex Cruz step down or be replaced? [FT poll]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Calum
Because we all know HIDDY is just trolling

Hiddy just loves all things Latin...
Old May 29, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: MUCCI
He will probably ultimately have to go over this.
The estimates of compensation BA will end up paying are at least £100M and of course every single hotel was charging top whack anyway as its a bank holiday weekend so they were all nearly full anyway.
The press aren't going to let it go either. Having the DM after you is one thing but they are all after him now, even those that tend to have more moderate opinions. If the coverage dies down in a day or 2 he might survive but I think you can expect article after article about cost cutting etc and if this keeps going on then he will have to leave.
I would also expect a mammouth BA sale in about 4 weeks time to try to claw passengers back......

FD.
Old May 29, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Mr Cruz says he is going nowhere...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40083778

BA chief executive Alex Cruz says he will not resign and that flight disruption had nothing to do with cutting costs.
He told the BBC a power surge, had "only lasted a few minutes", but the back-up system had not worked properly.
He said the IT failure was not due to technical staff being outsourced from the UK to India.
Mr Cruz said "I am profusely sorry" to the 75,000 passengers affected across 170 airports in 70 countries.
He said two thirds of passengers will have reached their destination by the end of the day.
There was no evidence of a cyber attack, he added.
"There was a power surge and there was a back up system, which did not work at that particular point in time. It was restored after a few hours in terms of some hardware changes... we will make sure that it doesn't happen again," Mr Cruz said in his first interview.
Old May 29, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
It's hilarious that this omnishambles on Saturday will have cost many many times the simple savings he has made that have frustrated so many; the F flower, amuse bouche, not loading enough wash bags etc etc all these little savings will have been wiped out. Maybe he'll have to stay on an introduce a new wave of cuts to balance this out !
Old May 29, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Bronze
In my opinion, if you are the head of any company and something this disastrous happens - it happened on your watch and whether directly involved or not you have to carry the can.
Thats what the big pay check is for- overall responsibility. Even if santy didn't leave you a bonus.
I have no doubt that Sr Cruz has absolutely nothing to do with the day to day running of the IT for BA. However it definitely is something that falls under his jurisdiction.
edit: What he has fallen down on is the recovery effort and dealing with passengers who need some pro active help, not just 'send in your receipts' . Most people in this forum know that reimbursement can take time and given the amount of claims to be processed I doubt if it will be quick.
Old May 29, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Calchas
How many of these letters have you collected?
Originally Posted by T8191
*snap*

.... although I had seen that posted somewhere in the past
hahahaha actually the only time I have been very angry at LHR was at the security line when I waited a long time for them to go through my liquids at secondary scanning! I found the supervisor, told him what a joke this was, and wrote a very angry letter and posted it in the feedback bin! By that time he had sped things up a bit, and told me he was looking forward to reading my comments!
Old May 29, 2017, 9:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Looking at the poll so far, FT appears undecided.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Old May 29, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Dailymail having a field day with Alex Cruz, blaming him for the mess.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook
Urgh. You forget that the Daily Mail hates everything.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: EasyJet Flight Club
Originally Posted by Worcester
Knives are out in the Media

This from the Telegraph
Ouch.

Some humanity would be appreciated now, and a leader who puts the customer first.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
93% of FTers say resign. Can you imagine what the result would be if the general passenger population were to vote right now ?!
Old May 29, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter
93% of FTers say resign. Can you imagine what the result would be if the general passenger population were to vote right now ?!
That's only because we were not given the option of having him tarred and feathered.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Quite right, we need to get to that famous 97% figure that BA loves.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by luxurytravelled
Ouch.

Some humanity would be appreciated now, and a leader who puts the customer first.
Humanity - "..the quality of being humane...". So should someone at IAG do something .... about our misery ??!
Old May 29, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
"Based on extensive customer feedback"

Isn't that the line that BA continuously trot out to justify their shambolic treatment of pax? Bet they're not listening to this lot of feedback

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.