Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by cycy
As far as I understand, I can book Jersey – Hong kong outbound, and Hong kong – London as one way and call BA to merge them for 2-4-1 voucher? Or do I need to go back to Jersey?
Thanks.
I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but if it is can I book JER - HKG out and HKG - LHR back using the 2-4-1 voucher then yes you can.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but if it is can I book JER - HKG out and HKG - LHR back using the 2-4-1 voucher then yes you can.
Thanks. Can I book JER - HKG out, one way , HKG - LHR one way, on BA website. And call BA to use 2-4-1 voucher and refund half of my avios?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cycy
Thanks. Can I book JER - HKG out, one way , HKG - LHR one way, on BA website. And call BA to use 2-4-1 voucher and refund half of my avios?
Yes you can. BA will apply the voucher across both bookings and you will get an avios refund.
cycy likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Blue
Need to try and book return CW redemption leg from SFO to LHR to add to existing LHR-SAN booking.
Best advice is to ring Japan or USA call centres at 01.00 BST. This will be this Saturday morning.
However, New York shuts at 20.00 EST and Japan is shut at weekend.

Any other options?

Last edited by chrismk; Oct 23, 2018 at 10:28 am
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:58 am

Deleted

Last edited by chrismk; Oct 24, 2018 at 10:10 am
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chrismk
Need to try and book return CW redemption leg from SFO to LHR to add to existing LHR-SAN booking.
Best advice is to ring Japan or USA call centres at 01.00 BST. This will be this Saturday morning.
However, New York shuts at 20.00 EST and Japan is shut at weekend.

Any other options?
According to BA's website, the US is 11pm EST:

Daily, 7am - 11pm
Eastern Standard Time (EST)

T
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:10 pm

Can this number be used then?
All the references I have seen just mention the 1 800 452 1201 number which shuts at 20.00 EST

Last edited by chrismk; Oct 24, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've realised my mistake, those times are for the usual contact numbers, not the Exec club. Sorry

T
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:34 pm

OK!
I understand that usually you get put through to an Indian Call Centre and they tend to be happy to wait until the magic hour to try and add the flights.
So fingers crossed.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC, AerClub, HHonours
Great thread, thanks for all the help snagged my first 2for1 in CW for LHR-NRT.

Booked it at 0100 online, 1 way, just the outbound.

I'll have to try and get a CW return in a week or two.

I'm a bit confused which is better to do for the return, call to add the return or book as seperate 1 way.

If I book the return seperate online I've the double the required avios ok, and hopefully I can subsequently call and get the 2for1 applied across the two 1 way bookings. Theres no risk of this being refused?

My concern about calling for an agent to book is that is a very popular route (on dry runs at 1am see the CW seats disappear in minutes after) - so if I call is there not a potential risk the agent wont get it booked in time? I've managed to win the fastest finger first competition for the outbound, I'd hopefully manage it ok again for the return..

Also on testing bookings on this route, CW return vs CW two 1 ways, the 1 ways actually seem to work out about £200 cheaper in terms on tax+fees, is that really right?

Oh and I'm silver if that makes a difference..

Cheers!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Yes, you can book online then get the voucher applied and half the Avios back later. 2 x one ways can be cheaper, or more expensive to/from USA, but if you get the flight you want it’s worth doing.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
If the taxes are cheaper I'd book two one-ways - makes it a lot more relaxed than phoning up for the return. I think it is now official policy to allow booking this way.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC, AerClub, HHonours
excellent guys, will do online then, seperate 1 ways, seems no brainer then since its cheaper for this route!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:41 am

Please could someone help, I have a BA Companion voucher and was wanting to use it for the dates 15th November - 19th How can I search for destinations to go based on those dates, please.

Would have to fly from London with more options being possible from here.

Thank you in advance
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Leonard80
Please could someone help, I have a BA Companion voucher and was wanting to use it for the dates 15th November - 19th How can I search for destinations to go based on those dates, please.

Would have to fly from London with more options being possible from here.

Thank you in advance
Do you mean that's your outbound and inbound dates (i.e. very narrow), or that's the range for your outbound? Are you hoping to go longhaul, or just somewhere in Europe to get something from the voucher?

The AA award map is good in those circumstances. https://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do# Just put in a high (irrelevant) number of miles, and choose non-stop. Rome or Gibraltar jump out to me if you want the best chance of mild weather. (Currently I can't see anything longhaul one-way on the 15th).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.