Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:48 am

Hi Paul,

That's the only dates I can do so was just looking at getting away somewhere, would love Lisbon but no availability. pref somewere in Europe really
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Leonard80
Hi Paul,

That's the only dates I can do so was just looking at getting away somewhere, would love Lisbon but no availability. pref somewere in Europe really
In that frame, there's also availability to MAD, VRN, MRS or BLQ - all recommended by me! Accuweather has MRS as the warmest so I'd probably pick there, and requires the least avios.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:35 am

Just checking that link you put above and it gives me an option to go from Manchester to Lisbon via Madrid.

How would i go about booking that, that would be perfect and i would be in the good books with the missus
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Leonard80
Just checking that link you put above and it gives me an option to go from Manchester to Lisbon via Madrid.

How would i go about booking that, that would be perfect and i would be in the good books with the missus
Sorry I should have pointed out that link will also show Iberia flights, especially if you don't choose non-stop. You can book those with avios, but not with the 241, and the taxes will probably make it a poor deal versus a direct LCC flight.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by KiteFlyerP
Great thread, thanks for all the help snagged my first 2for1 in CW for LHR-NRT.

Booked it at 0100 online, 1 way, just the outbound.

I'll have to try and get a CW return in a week or two.

I'm a bit confused which is better to do for the return, call to add the return or book as seperate 1 way.

If I book the return seperate online I've the double the required avios ok, and hopefully I can subsequently call and get the 2for1 applied across the two 1 way bookings. Theres no risk of this being refused?

My concern about calling for an agent to book is that is a very popular route (on dry runs at 1am see the CW seats disappear in minutes after) - so if I call is there not a potential risk the agent wont get it booked in time? I've managed to win the fastest finger first competition for the outbound, I'd hopefully manage it ok again for the return..

Also on testing bookings on this route, CW return vs CW two 1 ways, the 1 ways actually seem to work out about £200 cheaper in terms on tax+fees, is that really right?

Oh and I'm silver if that makes a difference..

Cheers!
Lucky you being able to book the inbound online!

I rang the USA at 12.45 on Sunday for a CW reward from SFO to LHR. I got through quite quickly to the Indian call centre who seemed quite clear as to what I wanted.
After spending what seemed like an age with the required security and booking details it then transpired that while he could check availability, he couldn't book it.
He would have to put me through to the Executive Club!
Having transferred me, I spoke to another agent who was about to start asking me all the same questions when I emphasised the urgency (it was now 01.04) and could he grab the seats please since they seemed to be still available and then we could sort out all the details.
He was successful and after providing more details told me he would put me on hold because he needed assistance with the adjustment of the taxes.
There followed a period of total silence which to my mind was suspicious and of course I had been cut off.
To make matters worse I noticed the 2 CW seats which had disappeared from the availability page had been reinstated.
The cat shared my foul and abusive language and I retired to bed only slightly comforted by the fact that they would most likely be still available at 6.00.
To make matters worse I quickly checked my (muted) mobile which was in the other room to discover they had called me!
Any benefit from the extra hour in bed was negated by me lying there festering at the lost opportunity.

So up again after what seemed like a few minutes later and I got through to the UK office very quickly where a delightful Debbie grabbed the still available seats and added them to the outbound booking.
All's well that ends well but not good for the blood pressure!

I suspect I pressed the wrong option (3) and inadvertantly spoke to the general enquiries, though the agent could have transferred me to the Executive Club at that point.
When after being cut off I called the number again I got through (around 01.25). I was told to ring 1-800-452-1201 Opt 2 Opt 1, which was the Executive Club direct line - which of course was closed!
Brownie points for their attempt to contact me on my mobile though.

Incidentally, the booking was made through my wife's account and adding myself as a nominee worked fine and she wasn't asked to speak to them!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC, AerClub, HHonours
Originally Posted by chrismk
Lucky you being able to book the inbound online!
Good you got sorted in the end!

Think for USA flights its best to book the return via a call like you did anyway because of the high taxes/fees when originating from the states (least thats my reading of the wiki at the top). Still rubbish stressful experience.

I haven't booked the inbound yet, but will be trying online + morning call to apply the 2for1 to it. Will update the thread how I get on.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: F
Changes after flying outbound

I can’t see this in the wiki anywhere. What changes can be made after flying the outbound? Change class? Change date of return? Change city of return? Cancel return and get anything refunded?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by KiteFlyerP
excellent guys, will do online then, seperate 1 ways, seems no brainer then since its cheaper for this route!
Only other (minor) downside of doing it this way is that it stays as 2 bookings with a £35 per person per booking if you need to change.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Changes after flying the outbound - I believe (though I don't pretend to be an expert):
Originally Posted by redshift27
Change class?
Upwards yes, downwards yes but without any return of Avios
Change date of return?
Yes
Change city of return?
Yes, as long as within the same Avios band
Cancel return and get anything refunded?
No Avios refunded and only true taxes etc (so no refund of BA's surcharges) less £35 canx fee p/p.
redshift27 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold
I have a voucher expiring next week and did not realize the expiry date was also the latest you could fly the first segment. Is there any way around this? Anyone successful in extending the voucher? I’m bummed now, should have read more into it.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WorldClub
I have a voucher expiring next week and did not realize the expiry date was also the latest you could fly the first segment. Is there any way around this? Anyone successful in extending the voucher? I’m bummed now, should have read more into it.
No way around it sadly. You need to fly all outbound flights on the booking by voucher expiry.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
No way around it sadly. You need to fly all outbound flights on the booking by voucher expiry.
Thanks KARFA, lesson learned the hard way I guess. I’m going to try to get it extended, it never hurts to try, otherwise I’ll have to wait for a new one to come in.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
Hi guys, there's availability on dates I want for next year for our 2-4-1, but my wife won't know her holiday dates until Jan. I know there is a £35 change fee for changes to dates etc. but how do I find out what the cancellation fee is if we book it now and then can't make the dates? (Does it tell me on BA.com somewhere for example) I believe the ticket price and the Avios will be refunded but wondering what the fee deducted would be to actually cancel. Sorry if this is a newbie question but it's something I've not com across in my time with BA. Thank you
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by skicowboys
Hi guys, there's availability on dates I want for next year for our 2-4-1, but my wife won't know her holiday dates until Jan. I know there is a £35 change fee for changes to dates etc. but how do I find out what the cancellation fee is if we book it now and then can't make the dates? (Does it tell me on BA.com somewhere for example) I believe the ticket price and the Avios will be refunded but wondering what the fee deducted would be to actually cancel. Sorry if this is a newbie question but it's something I've not com across in my time with BA. Thank you
Book it now, you can cancel up to a couple of days before you go, you will get refund of avios and companion voucher for cost of £70 (35 * 2). Note the expiration of the companion voucher won't change. Changing the date to another flight or booking class (if available) will also cost £70.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by skicowboys
I know there is a £35 change fee for changes to dates etc. but how do I find out what the cancellation fee is if we book it now and then can't make the dates?
Just to spell out explicitly what is implicit in firstlight's post: the cancellation fee is £35 per person, exactly the same as the change fee.

The deadline to cancel for a refund is 24 hours before the first flight in the itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.