Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Hmm cant see evouchers anywhere.
in that case you don't have any vouchers yet.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Just had an interesting call with BA, I want to add on a return Bangkok to London onto my London to Singapore ticket.

She said it would be 120,000 Avios whereas it's 90,000 on the website. something about it being peak, She said it would take a couple of days to go through so no points have been taken yet.

What should I do if they do take 120,000? Or am I seeing something wrong and it should of been 120,000 all the time.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pacenotes
Just had an interesting call with BA, I want to add on a return Bangkok to London onto my London to Singapore ticket.

She said it would be 120,000 Avios whereas it's 90,000 on the website. something about it being peak, She said it would take a couple of days to go through so no points have been taken yet.

What should I do if they do take 120,000? Or am I seeing something wrong and it should of been 120,000 all the time.
whats the date?

on the website did you click through to the actual price quote page?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
2nd November 2019

Here are some screen shots

Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by pacenotes
2nd November 2019

Here are some screen shots

That's weird - Club World should be 90,000 peak pricing (vs 75,000 off peak).

120,000 is the price it would be if it were First class, but I don't think BA runs a First cabin to BKK.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
What is the chance of getting an F redemption to Barbados? In winter?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:49 am

What is the chance of getting an F redemption to Barbados? In winter?
If you're wanting to travel from London, then non existant for this year and not much doing for this time next year either ...

https://baredemptionfinder.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search_query%5Bsource_code%5 D=LON&search_query%5Bdestination_code%5D=BGI&searc h_query%5Bnumber_of_passengers%5D=2&search_query%5 Btravel_class%5D=first&search_query%5Btrip_type%5D =return&search_query%5Bbritish_airways_tier%5D=sil ver
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:06 am

God that is really bad... unless of course hurricane season outwith school holidays suits you nicely!
So, I have a lot to learn with regards to getting to most out of my first 2 for 1 voucher.... Also looks like we will be going, where BA wants us to go, when BA wants us to go and paying the full whack of taxes, charges and fuel extras.
Not looking as rosy as I had first thought. I thought every flight had redemption seats?

Last edited by cupsandsaucers; Nov 13, 2018 at 8:11 am
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:12 am

God that is really bad... unless of course hurricane season outwith school holidays suits you nicely!
So, I have a lot to learn with regards to getting to most out of my first 2 for 1 voucher.... Also looks like we will be going, where BA wants us to go, when BA wants us to go and paying the full whack of taxes, charges and fuel extras.
Not looking as rosy as I had first thought.
If you can put up with travelling CW, then the availability for October next year is better.

https://baredemptionfinder.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search_query%5Bsource_code%5 D=LON&search_query%5Bdestination_code%5D=BGI&searc h_query%5Bnumber_of_passengers%5D=2&search_query%5 Btravel_class%5D=first&search_query%5Btrip_type%5D =return&search_query%5Bbritish_airways_tier%5D=sil ver

I am quite new to this redemption lark myself but it strikes me that a tool like baredemptionfinder which can search for reward availability in F across a number of different destinations at the same time would be very helpful for those of us who aren't overly fussy where we go and want best bang for our buck.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by grantsteve
If you can put up with travelling CW, then the availability for October next year is better.

https://baredemptionfinder.com/searc...tier%5D=silver

I am quite new to this redemption lark myself but it strikes me that a tool like baredemptionfinder which can search for reward availability in F across a number of different destinations at the same time would be very helpful for those of us who aren't overly fussy where we go and want best bang for our buck.
October is a disaster for Caribbean though, slap bang in the worst part of Hurricane season. No one want to go there then. Hence the availability...
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
I thought every flight had redemption seats?
No. The only guarantees that BA makes is that each flight will have 2 CW and 4 WT redemption seats available for it when the flight is released at T-355 days.

There is no guarantee that F / WTP will be released, or if they are when they will be released. It's worth spending some time in the stickies and dashboard as much of this stuff is documented there, and also learning how to use the various search tools such as baredemptionfinder and ExpertFlyer etc, especially if you are highly constrained on where, when and how you want to travel

PS - Such queries might be better in the "Spending Avios" thread as they are not specific to the 2-4-1 voucher
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
No. The only guarantees that BA makes is that each flight will have 2 CW and 4 WT redemption seats available for it when the flight is released at T-355 days.

There is no guarantee that F / WTP will be released, or if they are when they will be released. It's worth spending some time in the stickies and dashboard as much of this stuff is documented there, and also learning how to use the various search tools such as baredemptionfinder and ExpertFlyer etc, especially if you are highly constrained on where, when and how you want to travel

PS - Such queries might be better in the "Spending Avios" thread as they are not specific to the 2-4-1 voucher
Ahhh, so all those dates in Nov to Barbados 2019 that say no availability are just already taken? even those that are T-355 and T-354. Already gone!?!?! So how do you get to the front of the queue?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Ahhh, so all those dates in Nov to Barbados 2019 that say no availability are just already taken? even those that are T-355 and T-354. Already gone!?!?! So how do you get to the front of the queue?
Book within the first 30 seconds of the seats becoming available. There's about two or three threads a week on how to do it.

The baredemptionfinder site shows lots of dates in October 2019 in CW. No good for you?
KARFA and cupsandsaucers like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Well, if you are referring to CW availability, yes it is quite likely that they are already taken. For highly popular destinations with limited flights you will need to be ready to book them quite literally the minute the system makes them available, which is from 00:00 midnight, GMT at 355 days before.

If you are speaking of F availability, it is possible that they simply have not released any yet. They might in the future, they might not.
cupsandsaucers likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Book within the first 30 seconds of the seats becoming available. There's about two or three threads a week on how to do it.

The baredemptionfinder site shows lots of dates in October 2019 in CW. No good for you?
Wow, OK I will read much more. (Just got my 2for1 so have time yet to decide). 30 seconds is intense!! I assume thats midnight or something ghastly? Feel sorry for those who aren't savy enough to learn all this. They wil never be able to use their 2 for 1.

As for October no chance. Slap bang hurricane season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.