Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by florens
Credit to Richey66 for this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-1499-eur.html

Yields 320 TP return.
Anyone had any luck getting this to quote with longer stopovers. Thinking of leveraging the TLL do and my free Sunday morning.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cymro
Anyone had any luck getting this to quote with longer stopovers. Thinking of leveraging the TLL do and my free Sunday morning.
You aren't trying to do more than a 5 day stopover are you?

Two stopovers permitted in Helsinki free of charge. A stopover can be up to 5 days long.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
You aren't trying to do more than a 5 day stopover are you?
Thanks, I am indeed. Missed the part in the fare rules where that was allowed. OK, this one's probably out for me.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
It's been a year now so wouldn't hold out - and March not normally covered ..
It seems longer than a year but, as you say, March is usually excluded anyway.

I've given up waiting so if it happens it will be an unexpected bonus.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
QR have quietly started their Valentines' Day companion fare sale. For most departure points you must book by 14th February and travel before 10th December, although some people are reporting success getting the fare by flying the outbound leg before the 10th and returning after this date.

As always with the companion fares you must search and book for 2 pax to get the price.

Some highlights:

Sofia to Dubai for £730 per person, Singapore for €980pp, JNB for €1080pp (SOF - DOH legs are on A320)

Helsinki to Bangkok on 787 / A380 for €1099pp

Bucharest to Dubai for €615pp

Brussels to Shanghai for €1190pp

Copenhagen to Auckland €1650pp

Thanks to the PFD forum thread for some of these deals - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...ine-fares.html
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:41 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by obduro
QR have quietly started their Valentines' Day companion fare sale. For most departure points you must book by 14th February and travel before 10th December, although some people are reporting success getting the fare by flying the outbound leg before the 10th and returning after this date.

As always with the companion fares you must search and book for 2 pax to get the price.

Some highlights:

Sofia to Dubai for £730 per person, Singapore for €980pp, JNB for €1080pp (SOF - DOH legs are on A320)

Helsinki to Bangkok on 787 / A380 for €1099pp

Bucharest to Dubai for €615pp

Brussels to Shanghai for €1190pp

Thanks to the PFD forum thread for some of these deals - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...ine-fares.html
Plenty of info on the QR Forum, and has been since yesterday early morning in the QR Sale thread.

M
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Goddammit, they're still not covering christmas/new year. Anyone got any experience when they might cover that period? I got the Auckland fare last year mid may, but I see that as a new route thing rather than typical sale...
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Plenty of info on the QR Forum, and has been since yesterday early morning in the QR Sale thread.

M
Yep, just sharing in this thread as a lot of people don't reference the QR forum first. That's not to say they shouldn't...
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Yep, just sharing in this thread as a lot of people don't reference the QR forum first. That's not to say they shouldn't...
Indeed, and thank you for posting. Whilst there are many here who fly QR to earn their BA status they appear to spend much of their FlyerTalk time in this forum. The fares you posted are certainly the type that belong in this topic and might have been missed by those who may otherwise have not known.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
I agree this is very useful as I wouldn't normally venture out to each of the other Oneworld airline forums. Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks to KARFA's above posts and others re the ex-DUB Advanced Purchase fares, I persisted with searching for HNL flights and ended up with:

DUB-LHR-SEA-HNL-LAX-CLT-DUB

in J for c£1830 per person using a combination of BA, AS (with BA codeshare) and AA. Will earn 740 TPs.

I managed to upgrade LHR-SEA to F with GGL redemption and some Avios. It took the patient and persistent GGL staff to get agreement due to LHR-SEA-HNL flights being "married", and not easily separated to arrange the upgrade. Thanks probably due to someone in Revenue Management too.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thanks to KARFA's above posts and others re the ex-DUB Advanced Purchase fares, I persisted with searching for HNL flights and ended up with:

DUB-LHR-SEA-HNL-LAX-CLT-DUB

in J for c£1830 per person using a combination of BA, AS (with BA codeshare) and AA. Will earn 740 TPs.

I managed to upgrade LHR-SEA to F with GGL redemption and some Avios. It took the patient and persistent GGL staff to get agreement due to LHR-SEA-HNL flights being "married", and not easily separated to arrange the upgrade. Thanks probably due to someone in Revenue Management too.
Enjoy
end of March / beginning of April or during the summer ? thank you
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CGRA
Enjoy
end of March / beginning of April or during the summer ? thank you
Thank you!

Our trip is in August.

FYI it is non refundable but can be changed for €300.

Availability during that month seemed good. Outbound options were mostly if not always via SEA but with much wider route options on the return. No decent LAX-JFK options available on google flights to get the much better seats. On our DUB-LHR flight, the last time I checked it was much more expensive (x2) but BA was able to get the price that had been quoted for later flights.

Could not get IATA to show me non SEA options at reasonable prices on the return but perhaps I did something wrong. I wanted the additional TPs and to get back earlier to LHR.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:57 pm

Managed HEL-SGN return for around £1050 in J for 2 so pretty happy with that.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by flashware
Managed HEL-SGN return for around £1050 in J for 2 so pretty happy with that.
I'm not seeing this anywhere??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.