Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Sorry, I have a problem with the search right now. The fare for AMS-NYC, anyone know or has already posted how long should be available?
Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I have also found one for £980 that includes the BA1... but only has 440TPs. Probably can be improved upon a bit...
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I have also found one for £980 that includes the BA1... but only has 440TPs. Probably can be improved upon a bit...
Nice! I've been trying to find a two or three day itinerary that includes BA1 or BA2 and an Openskies leg in the opposite direction. No luck so far...
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armouredant
Nice! I've been trying to find a two or three day itinerary that includes BA1 or BA2 and an Openskies leg in the opposite direction. No luck so far...
Like this?

You can even book it with BA for the extra Avios.

You can do it with an additional 80TPs for less money (£986) but it does involve a change from LGA to JFK on the way back.

Last edited by henkybaby; Feb 20, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:51 pm

I managed to get the deal to AMS-NYC-LIN up to 600TPs...

Example.
That really is excellent, my one question would be , without talking politics too much, in a trump era will TP runs flag to the attention of CBP more ? What do you say your reason for travel is when questioned?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Richard Gibson
That really is excellent, my one question would be , without talking politics too much, in a trump era will TP runs flag to the attention of CBP more ? What do you say your reason for travel is when questioned?
I am investigating the Bowling Green Massacre. My name is 007!

Not a worry in the world, unless you look suspicious (i.e. Middle Eastern) or have stamps from any of the 7 countries in your passport, like I do.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by Richard Gibson
Was called to secondary screening at SNN recently.

Passport slightly damaged, well stamped and from a country Trump recently mentioned that will be watched carefully.

Quite a surprise getting the "please follow me" phrase instead of "have a nice day". Also the first banner I saw in the secondary screening room was something to do with your rights when being detained or denied entry.
Also slightly held up reboarding BA1 so sorry guys!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL
You can do it with an additional 80TPs for less money (£986) but it does involve a change from LGA to JFK on the way back.
Wow, you could even do it in a single day for £986, if you hopped BA4451 early from LCY. Triple avios bonus ends at the March, doesn't it...?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armouredant
Wow, you could even do it in a single day for £986, if you hopped BA4451 early from LCY. Triple avios bonus ends at the March, doesn't it...?
Yes, but this one you can't book via BA. The earlier one I posted you can book. You need to decide what is more important, the extra 80TPs or the Avios.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Any way to get aa.com to price in GBP instead of EUR when you click the link from Google Flights? I've tried aa.com via the UK site but it won't bring up BA1/AA6229.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:42 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
So I thought I could have my cake and eat it, but BA say I cant.

I was hoping I'd be able to upgrade the LHR-BOS-LHR legs on my trip using a GUF - but the GGL line* have told me that I cannot, as the flight would be booked under an AA codeshare.

Is that correct?

M

*The person I spoke to on the GGL line was the out-of-hours service, so somewhere in India from memory. However, he was absolutely brilliant, and very patient with me as I faffed about finding the correct flight numbers! A massive thumbs up, albeit I do prefer talking to Didsbury (for their creativity when it comes to booking complicated routings).
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
So I thought I could have my cake and eat it, but BA say I cant.

I was hoping I'd be able to upgrade the LHR-BOS-LHR legs on my trip using a GUF - but the GGL line* have told me that I cannot, as the flight would be booked under an AA codeshare.

Is that correct?

M
I believe so. Some itineraries you can book with BA for maybe 50 quid more though. Like this one. You should be able to book and upgrade at the same time if you call.

Flight numbers for the booking are BA (Marketed as BA 423, BA 213, AA 85, AA 2125, BA 6594, BA 66, BA 430)
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I believe so. Some itineraries you can book with BA for maybe 50 quid more though. Like this one. You should be able to book and upgrade at the same time if you call.

Flight numbers for the booking are BA (Marketed as BA 423, BA 213, AA 85, AA 2125, BA 6594, BA 66, BA 430)
Interesting - I was looking at the below, but couldn't get the BA flight numbers to tag onto the price.

https://goo.gl/flights/WhJV
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Interesting - I was looking at the below, but couldn't get the BA flight numbers to tag onto the price.

https://goo.gl/flights/WhJV
I imagine this is TP only, so how about this one on your dates?

You can also return to AMS.

It includes 1 short flight in Y in the US. You can avoid that by taking the direct flight between the city pairs.

Last edited by henkybaby; Feb 20, 2017 at 4:12 pm
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:11 pm

I imagine this is TP only, so how about this one on your dates?
Thanks henkybaby!

That could work - £100 more expensive, and 40 TPs less due to the economy flight on American Eagle...but something to look into.

Shame it can't be done on an AA flight!

The other factor I have to add in, is whether there is CW-F availability on the BA legs on those dates - but I'll give them a call in the morning to check.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.