FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1814441-buy-board-experiences-reactions-bas-shorthaul-economy-service.html)

corporate-wage-slave Mar 27, 2017 2:51 am

Wrong thread!

orbitmic Mar 27, 2017 2:55 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28091465)
Wrong thread!

Did they have Le Monde at the LGW lounge? ^

corporate-wage-slave Mar 27, 2017 2:58 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 28091478)
Did they have Le Monde at the LGW lounge? ^

Mais oui, la Première seulement.

orbitmic Mar 27, 2017 3:07 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28091488)

I've only used BA from lgw once this year but when I did it wasn't here (I had hoped for it as it always featured in the old lounge!) new f lounge was much nicer than before though.

NickB Mar 27, 2017 3:42 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28091488)

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 28091508)
I've only used BA from lgw once this year but when I did it wasn't here (I had hoped for it as it always featured in the old lounge!) new f lounge was much nicer than before though.

I was pleasantly surprised to find it available in the non-F lounge on Friday morning (it was before 7am, when the F lounge opens).

Neilgcal Apr 1, 2017 5:51 am

Can anyone confirm if Apple Pay is accepted for payment now?

corporate-wage-slave Apr 1, 2017 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal (Post 28114966)
Can anyone confirm if Apple Pay is accepted for payment now?

It is, and it's now in the announcement from the senior cabin crew member. However I haven't seen a transaction yet.

Neilgcal Apr 1, 2017 6:08 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28114986)
It is, and it's now in the announcement from the senior cabin crew member. However I haven't seen a transaction yet.

^

layz Apr 1, 2017 6:31 am

Do they mention Android Pay too? Samsung Pay? Why not just say 'contactless'?

corporate-wage-slave Apr 1, 2017 6:51 am

Originally Posted by layz (Post 28115054)
Do they mention Android Pay too? Samsung Pay? Why not just say 'contactless'?

No, just "credit, debit cards and Apple Pay; our Executive Club can also pay with Avios", or something similar.

CloudGazer Apr 1, 2017 10:33 am

On out LHR-TXL flight today. Had only got to row 12 or so by the time we were approaching the Dutch coast. There were lots of problems with the PoS kit. Only one was working despite there being two trolleys.

The loading was not good either. Two sandwiches and one bacon roll for a plane with something like 80% load.

FlyerTalker6245 Apr 1, 2017 10:37 am

I've seen people do it. CWS clearly just needs to fly more in economy class.

nangvil Apr 2, 2017 11:10 am

LGW-GLA

ON a recent trip, the CSM made an announcement that the aircraft was not supplied with the POS machine. All transactions by debit and credit card had to be processed manually .This meant writing down the credit card numbers and total payment (including the use of a calculator to add 1.70 + 1.50).

40 minutes into the flight, front crew still serving 4E.

smokie36 Apr 2, 2017 11:13 am

Originally Posted by nangvil (Post 28119425)
LGW-GLA

ON a recent trip, the CSM made an announcement that the aircraft was not supplied with the POS machine. All transactions by debit and credit card had to be processed manually .This meant writing down the credit card numbers and total payment (including the use of a calculator to add 1.70 + 1.50).

Hilarious incompetence.

Unless you are hungry.:td:

jms_uk Apr 2, 2017 11:27 am

Originally Posted by nangvil (Post 28119425)
LGW-GLA

And, obviously, destroying that information securely, after processing?

:confused: