FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1814441-buy-board-experiences-reactions-bas-shorthaul-economy-service.html)

subject2load Apr 19, 2017 5:55 am

Originally Posted by BahrainLad (Post 28199606)
But..but.. I thought Alex had told the bloggers it was all OK now, and customers were so delighted they didn't have to choose between chicken or beef anymore?

The man is either incompetent or a liar.

Perhaps these characteristics are not necessarily mutually exclusive ?

OneworldHarj Apr 19, 2017 8:45 am

I tried the BoB on BA0344 to Nice on 20/03/2017 - nothing like a half-warm/half-stone-cold bacon roll served prior to landing :td:

But the £5 refund (given eventually after a twitter bash of BA/M&S cust service) means I'll try again lol

ahmetdouas Apr 19, 2017 9:27 am

Originally Posted by OneworldHarj (Post 28200282)
I tried the BoB on BA0344 to Nice on 20/03/2017 - nothing like a half-warm/half-stone-cold bacon roll served prior to landing :td:

But the £5 refund (given eventually after a twitter bash of BA/M&S cust service) means I'll try again lol

haha good on you! I wish everyone who felt letdown complained!

srbrenna Apr 19, 2017 2:24 pm

I would like to report on my return flight GVA-LCY. BoB has not yet been introduced on these services yet. It was like the good old days. I has a couple of G&Ts and a bag of crisps. Wonderful!

This is what we complained about in times gone by. We should be careful what we wish for.

smokie36 Apr 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by srbrenna (Post 28202030)
I would like to report on my return flight GVA-LCY. BoB has not yet been introduced on these services yet. It was like the good old days. I has a couple of G&Ts and a bag of crisps. Wonderful!

This is what we complained about in times gone by. We should be careful what we wish for.

No we should be careful where we book.

subject2load Apr 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by OneworldHarj (Post 28200282)

Well done on the refund. That's some achievement ^

I had come to the conclusion that - under Cruz control - the current-day BA were beyond shaming, even on Twitter. Perhaps your double bash tactic involving both BA and M&S (the latter presumably still keen to protect what they can of their brand) is what did the trick.

TRISTAR1979 Apr 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Just welcomed a group of 11 customers to Aberdeen who flew from Prague to Scotland via LHR with BA, one of the first things they mentioned was how bad BA was. They called it "Hungary Airways" because there was no food left to buy and all the drinks were chargeable.

I told told them they should complain, but they said no, next time they would just fly Lufthansa. They said that the BA flights were expensive, but they were looking forward to a premium experience so the didn't mind the price, however they were very dissapointed.

How sad it is that this Airline which I love so much, is giving such poor service that customers are avoiding it. Even I am booking else where and advising people to avoid it! Please can someone at Waterside wake up and do something to restore BA to the brand we use to love!!!

florens Apr 19, 2017 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979 (Post 28202817)
Just welcomed a group of 11 customers to Aberdeen who flew from Prague to Scotland via LHR with BA, one of the first things they mentioned was how bad BA was. They called it "Hungary Airways" because there was no food left to buy and all the drinks were chargeable.

I told told them they should complain, but they said no, next time they would just fly Lufthansa. They said that the BA flights were expensive, but they were looking forward to a premium experience so the didn't mind the price, however they were very dissapointed.

How sad it is that this Airline which I love so much, is giving such poor service that customers are avoiding it. Even I am booking else where and advising people to avoid it! Please can someone at Waterside wake up and do something to restore BA to the brand we use to love!!!

Well those people booked an ET flight and BoB was advertised during the booking process. So I can't really understand the disappointment.

mrow Apr 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28203900)
Well those people booked an ET flight and BoB was advertised during the booking process. So I can't really understand the disappointment.

Um...there was no food left to buy.

BOB was advertised but not delivered.

Seems quite easy to understand the disappointment to me.

ABJ92 Apr 20, 2017 12:15 am

Returning from TLS a few days ago after having done the outbound in CE, BOB was a bit of a let down.

Travel with EZY a fair bit and they don't half have it down compared with BA.

Yes, I like the quick contactless payment.
Yes, I like the selection in the menu.
Yes, I like the novelty attitude of the crew to it all.

But if you can't deliver half the menu cause you don't have it then it all falls apart. They didn't have any crisps or olives left. And I was in row 4 of CE on an A321!

If if they sort out the availability it will be fine in the long term. They still throw in some ice and lemon, one little difference to EZY I suppose, but quite a noticeable one in a g&t!

florens Apr 20, 2017 12:25 am

Originally Posted by mrow (Post 28203951)
Um...there was no food left to buy.

BOB was advertised but not delivered.

Seems quite easy to understand the disappointment to me.

I agree.

I should have been more precise. I was referring to the fact that everything was chargeable, even drinks.

mrow Apr 20, 2017 12:28 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28204028)
I agree.

I should have been more precise. I was referring to the fact that everything was chargeable, even drinks.

Ah, gotcha, sorry. I was coming at it from the availability angle.

I do wonder if/when BA will actually sort their act out. I wouldn't say people are over the moon about BOB, but if the stock availability was adequate I suspect quite a few of the complaints that BA are getting would disappear.

corporate-wage-slave Apr 20, 2017 1:04 am

Originally Posted by mrow (Post 28204037)
I do wonder if/when BA will actually sort their act out. I wouldn't say people are over the moon about BOB, but if the stock availability was adequate I suspect quite a few of the complaints that BA are getting would disappear.

It's the stock (and we're usually talking on the the return to London sector) and it's the POS.

For the POS contactless and Apple Pay is very swift but there are still hardware reliability issues, though somewhat improved since launch. The Ryanair POS is quite similar but with one critical difference: it's on something like a Samsung phone rather than a full tablet. The PIN pad and card reader is still stuck on the back. So it's much easier to handle, flip over and what-not.

The stock situation still has a way to go, BA/TourVest have sharply increased the loading of items, and while things have improved in recently weeks nevertheless they still routinely sell out of short-dated (sandwiches) items on the outbound and not have any stock for the return. Also there are particular shortages on certain items altogether (this typically lasts 3 or 4 days), so they won't get loaded in the first place. This isn't unknown on easyJet or Ryanair either, though they actually have a harder job since not all their routes lead back to a hub. At some point TourVest will get on top of the demand patterns, they have a very strong financial incentive to do this, but I am surprised it is taking so long. On that measure, BOB is more popular than first anticipated.

headingwest Apr 20, 2017 1:39 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28203900)

What makes you so sure that they booked their flights after the BoB announcement was made?

Bookings can be made up to almost a year in advance so there are still lots of people who haven't flown since the change. We're only 3 months into this shambles, after all.

BA6948 Apr 20, 2017 1:59 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 28204194)
What makes you so sure that they booked their flights after the BoB announcement was made?

Bookings can be made up to almost a year in advance so there are still lots of people who haven't flown since the change. We're only 3 months into this shambles, after all.

and some others have made a booking with BA even though they knew BoB was introduced (and they didn't like it) just to give BA a chance. But obviously seeing the shambles of BoB or the soulless service if you don't buy anything, many won't book BA again or only if cheaper than alternatives.