Wiki Posts
Search

777 on MAD route S17

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
Me neither on a dummy booking. All F seats were available and selectable. Am now mulling a weekend in MAD next year.
I am thinking it might be interesting to do as part of some ex-EU to do say FRA-MAD-LHR-JFK.... with some longhauls intra Europe thrown in the mix.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Just booked for next May. Thanks OP!

We went to Madrid last weekend on the 767. Really impressed with Madrid, was a lovely place. Looking forward to the next trip.

Managed to select 1A for my wife who is a lowly blue! She'll probably get kicked out!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
It's not available on the Iberia LON-MAD-XXX-MAD-LHR deal for £250. Putting the BA code in bumps the price by £53.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Jamier45
It's not available on the Iberia LON-MAD-XXX-MAD-LHR deal for £250. Putting the BA code in bumps the price by £53.
That sucks.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Think it's us lowly Silvers that don't get a look in at seat selection (although that's not what is supposed to happen)
Does this mean we get bumped down into plain old Club World as Silvers?

On a more serious note would any of you more knowledge ones know if it will be a 4 class 777? As its showing on the seat map or 3 Class. It's probably a guess and I understand anything can happen between now and March...
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Does this mean we get bumped down into plain old Club World as Silvers?

On a more serious note would any of you more knowledge ones know if it will be a 4 class 777? As its showing on the seat map or 3 Class. It's probably a guess and I understand anything can happen between now and March...
As there is a F cabin showing for dummy bookings on ba.com presumably it is a 4 class 777?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
That sucks.
I was able to price it up just fine.

It's IB 7444 which is same as BA459. Curiously though, according to matrix ib7444 is an A321 whereas BA459 is a 777.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
This sort of change take a while to filter through to all systems/codeshares - even schedule changes can take up to 2 weeks.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by P.henrik
I was able to price it up just fine.

It's IB 7444 which is same as BA459. Curiously though, according to matrix ib7444 is an A321 whereas BA459 is a 777.
When I use IB7444 I get an error of no flights found.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
So I booked this, and it won't let me choose one of the first 4 rows it shows me but instead tells me this is my seat:-

10K (undefined)

So beware if you're a Silver, you won't get into First!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I assume the First cabin will be for Golds and higher with a CE ticket on a first come first served basis. Then the Club World cabin for all other CE ticketholders. If the load in CE isn't that large, I can see reassignments so that all CE ticketholders are in the CW cabin.

Will be interesting whether the WTP cabin is kept closed, or used as overspill from ET (or even CE if there is an abnormally large load).

Plenty of propensity for things to change over the next few months.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Genius1
I assume the First cabin will be for Golds and higher with a CE ticket on a first come first served basis. Then the Club World cabin for all other CE ticketholders. If the load in CE isn't that large, I can see reassignments so that all CE ticketholders are in the CW cabin.
If they have no-one seated in First, the staffing for that cabin goes from 2 down to one. So in reality I very much doubt First will be open, but I would imagine CE and Golds will be allowed CW. WTP is regarded as ok for CE on shorthaul, I've seen that a few times when they ran 747s to FCO to recover passengers stranded by an ATC strike, also when I had a 777 to ATH after a 767 went technical about a year ago.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If they have no-one seated in First, the staffing for that cabin goes from 2 down to one. So in reality I very much doubt First will be open, but I would imagine CE and Golds will be allowed CW. WTP is regarded as ok for CE on shorthaul, I've seen that a few times when they ran 747s to FCO to recover passengers stranded by an ATC strike, also when I had a 777 to ATH after a 767 went technical about a year ago.
The last time I flew MAD-LHR on a l/h 767, WTP was used for ET even though the main Y cabin wasn't full. There werre around 10 of us in WTP, so could easily has slotted into the spare seats further back.

If you reserve a seat in F, when do you think you'd be moved back to CW (subject to low loads)?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: BA silver,
Originally Posted by bhbloke
So I booked this, and it won't let me choose one of the first 4 rows it shows me but instead tells me this is my seat:-

10K (undefined)

So beware if you're a Silver, you won't get into First!
I have also booked as silver. Just shows first cabin all blanked out. Additionally, the system currently will not let me change from 11B to a different seat in CW.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
I hope there isn't an equipment change on this after all these bookings!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.