Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 on MAD route S17

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:40 am

Seating as BA Blue

I am about to board on today's flight which is a 3 class 777-300

*48 hours before departure i have looked at seat map and plenty of seats open in CW.

*24 hours before delarture I selected 2K which is a CW seat.

*12 hours before departure was bumped back to the last row of WTP (which has CE service today)

*At check in I was told no CW seats are free, even though there were 9+ seats available to book in Business.

Conclusion: if you have no status, people with status will be placed at the fron in CW and you will be bumped back to WTP.

Tip: pay for seating if u wish. For me £25 extra is not worth it for a 2 hours flight. WTP is still much moe comfortable than a A320 seat.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
2K is a First seat.

I tried selecting that yesterday but computer said no, even though it showed available.

Luckily 10K was assigned already.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Markie
I've been moved out of First Class now for my trip and can freely select any seat via Qantas.com in the Club cabin.
The Qantas site shows that seats had been pre-allocated but ba.com still shows the F cabin without any seat assignment possible.
Same here. I'll have to suffer in CW for a couple hours. Thanks for posting and reminding me to look at MMB as I had been placed in a middle seat.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Originally Posted by frenzie01
Conclusion: if you have no status, people with status will be placed at the fron in CW and you will be bumped back to WTP.
Well that's not true. I'm a lowly blue but got second row in business. Did you actually book CE?

Who do the WTP seats get assigned to?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by benjai
Well that's not true. I'm a lowly blue but got second row in business. Did you actually book CE?

WTP seats were assigned for people randonmly.
The gentlemen next to me was a Iberia gold card holder and whilst there were plenty of CW seats free he was not allowed to move to a different cabin.

The lady next to her was moved to CW seatsx

I also asked and I was refused saying they can not move everyone to the front as they don't have enough seats for that.

To clarify: WTP had standard CE service and with the exception of one lady, no one was allowed to occupy the CW seats that remained empty for the rest of the flight.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke
2K is a First seat.

I tried selecting that yesterday but computer said no, even though it showed available.

Luckily 10K was assigned already.
In fact on a three class 777, 2K is a CW seat
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC
WTP seats were assigned for people randonmly.
The gentlemen next to me was a Iberia gold card holder and whilst there were plenty of CW seats free he was not allowed to move to a different cabin.

The lady next to her was moved to CW seatsx

I also asked and I was refused saying they can not move everyone to the front as they don't have enough seats for that.

To clarify: WTP had standard CE service and with the exception of one lady, no one was allowed to occupy the CW seats that remained empty for the rest of the flight.
That seems very odd - this may sound pretentious - but I for one will kick off if I'm given a WTP seat..
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by benjai

Originally Posted by londonba2014
That seems very odd - this may sound pretentious - but I for one will kick off if I'm given a WTP seat..
Ok, so if it is a 777 three class, they use CW and WTP for CE.
You can hardly complain if you are in WTP as you get everything promised, more space, complimentary hot meal and free drinks.
(I was annoyed but they fulfilled their end of the bargain)

If it is four class 777 they use First and CW for CE.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Will you kick off if it changes to an A320 too?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:19 am

That does sound pretentious.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
In fact on a three class 777, 2K is a CW seat
Using your logic, so was your seat in WTP
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:35 am

Yes you should kick off! They will give you a comments card. BA will take ur comments very seriously
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:53 am

You can hardly complain if you are in WTP as you get everything promised, more space, complimentary hot meal and free drinks.

Strange because I got a four class 777 and first was blocked out. We booked CE and got CW seats. As someone else mentioned, I'd be very annoyed if I got WTP.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:56 am

If everyone who booked CE got WTP then fair enough. But if a bunch of people got CW and I got WTP then I'd be very annoyed.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WT+ forming part of the CE when a long haul plane is subbed in on shorthaul has been normal BA practice for at least a decade. Threatening to kick off is, well, rather silly especially as WT+ is significantly nicer than any seat in any CE cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.