First Wing at T5

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Not sure what I'm looking at?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert
Not sure what I'm looking at?
Construction! I concede not actually a very interesting photo but I was impressed to see so much going on.

This is view at the far (South) end of the terminal as you walk up the last staircase to Departures. Above the VIP entrance.

The blocked off area goes to next to the existing F check in desks.

I'm looking forward to this new entrance.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Thanks. All we need now is BA to focus on the arrival/immigration experience for Golds and F at T5
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Thanks. All we need now is BA to focus on the arrival/immigration experience for Golds and F at T5
I was hopping this was going to be CCR GGL only but not to be, alas.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Immigration is out of BA (and HAL's) control, although they can attempt to influence.

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
The security officers would be twiddling their thumbs all day! Definitely not economically sustainable either.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by Genius1
Immigration is out of BA (and HAL's) control, although they can attempt to influence.
Not quite true from my limited understanding. For instance, "fasttrack" is paid for by the airlines who sponsor the costs of the 2 immigration officers that man it.

I suppose that a similar arrangement could be made for arriving F passengers. However I guess that non-EU (et al) citizens already have fasttrack; and EU citizens already have a pretty quick trip through as there are many people/electronics servicing a single queue. If BA sponsored a parallel FT for EU citizens then the queue might be longer than the current one due to it only being served by 1 or 2 officers.

Personally I would be surprised if the math/modelling hadn't already by run and the current set-up (perhaps taking into account additional eGates) is thought to be optimal.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Why?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:20 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stevie
Why?
Because any status benefit should be restricted to those who have either the same status as the writer, or a higher status.

You've posted a while on FT to have missed this theme
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Deleted

Last edited by BA235; Jan 13, 2017 at 2:53 pm Reason: No added value. Will await new fast track. Assuming mere Golds are allowed
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Banana4321
Not quite true from my limited understanding. For instance, "fasttrack" is paid for by the airlines who sponsor the costs of the 2 immigration officers that man it.
Yes, that's right. I suspect there are issues around capacity in the immigration halls that would make yet another lane unsustainable. The halls struggle with queueing space as it is.

That's not to say I don't think an F only lane would be a good idea.

Of course HAL do offer the Heathrow by Invitation service which offers private immigration.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by andset1191
Because any status benefit should be restricted to those who have either the same status as the writer, or a higher status.

Haha, exactly what went through my mind when I read it

Personally, I think it should go straight into the CCR and should be for F passengers only.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Haha, exactly what went through my mind when I read it

Personally, I think it should go straight into the CCR and should be for F passengers only.
And only on "F" fares, no cheapo GUFey ex-EUey "A" class nonsense or God forbid "Z" class .
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
And only on "F" fares, no cheapo GUFey ex-EUey "A" class nonsense or God forbid "Z" class .
Well that's you screwed!
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist

Yes!

Additionally, the tier point levels for each level should be adjusted to just below what the writer usually earns.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

Exactly, plus the tier levels should be raised to exactly what tier points said person achieved that year to limit the numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.