Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Wing at T5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
There were hoardings up last week in a similar layout to Markie's first picture. Agent was proudly suggesting that it will be ready in April - very wisely perhaps not specifying the 1st!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Too many Golds! I can see the complaints coming over the horizon
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Flying 13th April so let's see. Maybe I'll get lucky like on the first day of the new lounge at Gatwick
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Told this week at LHR it would be open 'end of March' - so early in April sounds halfway realistic

Indeed - because the channel goes direct to the lounge it must mean they will actually enforce one guest only (which you can sometimes stretch to a third person in regular fast track)

badly needed though - fast track is really anything but - took me 15 mins in line the other day which for a full fare F ticket isn't brilliant...
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Right, time to get myself back up to Gold.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Raffles
Someone posed an interesting questions on HFP:

Because it opens directly into the F lounge, this presumably means that F lounge rules apply to the new channel. This means only one guest for a Gold unless you are flying F. Families and larger groups are presumably banned from the new channel.
Separate conversations in the CCR in recent days with manager and supervisor have confirmed that this is the case.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hmm, next through T5 on 24/03 then not again until 16/10 (lots of QR, AY and CX over the next few months, yay )

That should give them time to sort things out though
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
FWIW

Was told today by the First check in agent that the First Wing is due to open on April 4th.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
FWIW

Was told today by the First check in agent that the First Wing is due to open on April 4th.
I hope this is correct. My daughter and I will be flying F to LHR-BOS on 7th April. It already appears that the new BOS lounge will be open by then so getting to try out the new First Wing at LHR too would be the icing on the cake.

Who says BA is all about cost cutting? (Waiting to get shouted at)
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:56 am
sew

Any update on the CCR refurb?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by sew
Any update on the CCR refurb?
Was due to start in April and finish in May if I remember the details from the c-w-s post on it a while back. Mainly furniture replacement, but we'll see what else they spruce up!

Pilot37
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Was due to start in April and finish in May if I remember the details from the c-w-s post on it a while back. Mainly furniture replacement, but we'll see what else they spruce up!

Pilot37
I'm guessing at a brand new 65" or above Samsung TV
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Separate conversations in the CCR in recent days with manager and supervisor have confirmed that this is the case.
This is a major mistake - I can see lots of upset pax.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
You'd rather they loosen up the guesting rules?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Why? If they're not entitled to use the lounge at the other end then where do they think they're going anyway.

Existing fast track will have to stay for silvers so Golds with too many accompanying passengers can use that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.