Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Wing at T5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:31 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by bjorns
I was told yesterday by the person at the service desk in the CCR that the door from South Security will be closing.

I hope that is wrong, as that door is the most direct route to the CCR.

I've e-mailed the GGL team asking them about it.
So the Millionaires Door will close due to the actions of the Concorde Cruzifier.

You can take the man out of the low-cost model, but you cant take the low cost model out of the man.

M
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
As said earlier, if people do use the first wing, quite a few will end up remaining in the Flounge not knowing they can access the CCR.

I personally would rather not have to pass through a lounge and then down a corridor to reach the CCR if possible. Sort of devalues the experience.

I suppose though that it may empty out the fast track line if people want, or know about, direct lounge access but that might cause a lack of demand to make it become a normal lane.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I was told yesterday by the person at the service desk in the CCR that the door from South Security will be closing.
So how are First class transit passengers supposed to access the CCR? Are they really going to force us to go down and back up again? Is it all about getting us to shop more?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I suspect this is galley gossip rather than real news.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by KARFA
I do hope so!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I'm also flying into BOS on 3rd April - BA239?

M
MSM, sadly or not I'm on 213 -- on the days the A380 runs it's always that first flight over of the day. I think you might be too late into LHR to overlap, but if so do PM me!
/thread-hijack-over
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:04 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by KARFA
I had a reply from the GGL helpline confirming that the door from South Security to the CCR will close.

Not a happy bunny, as it will mean a lot more walking, not only to get to the CCR, but also when leaving to go to some gates and also to go to and from some of the shops, etc.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:10 am

Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I had a reply from the GGL helpline confirming that the door from South Security to the CCR will close.

Not a happy bunny, as it will mean a lot more walking, not only to get to the CCR, but also when leaving to go to some gates and also to go to and from some of the shops, etc.
While I understand the occasional inconvenience, surely a bit of exercise will be beneficial in counteracting the effects of LPGS and BA's School Dinners?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
While I understand the occasional inconvenience, surely a bit of exercise will be beneficial in counteracting the effects of LPGS and BA's School Dinners?
What, we don't get enough exercise walking a mile to get to the T3-T5 bus, standing in a lengthy line, making the long bus trip, then walking about a half-mile to get up to security, standing in line there and trying to control our anger at the idiocy and childish behavior of the LHR security staff, then walking to the CCR directly on the upper level?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: Some
BA have seriously missed a trick here - why not route people through GC South first before GF, so that even less people make it to the CCR?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
If the direct door to the CCR closes it means this is still a great benefit to gold card holders but is worse for CCR card holders or those in F particularly if going through connections (for golds there's no change in connections as they'll still have to go down and up).

My only thought is when the lounges get a major remodel (next year?) then the layout will change making it easier to get to the Concorde Room from the F wing
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
As said earlier, if people do use the first wing, quite a few will end up remaining in the Flounge not knowing they can access the CCR.

I personally would rather not have to pass through a lounge and then down a corridor to reach the CCR if possible. Sort of devalues the experience.

I suppose though that it may empty out the fast track line if people want, or know about, direct lounge access but that might cause a lack of demand to make it become a normal lane.
This is the same point I made the other day.

If the CCR door closes, the effect will be lower volumes in the CCR - as more pax will either choose to stay in GF or obliviously stay there thinking it is the allocated lounge for F pax.

I guess this is a win for F pax who know about CCR or hold a CCR card, as there should be less moaning about overcrowding.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BillyBleach
I guess this is a win for F pax who know about CCR or hold a CCR card, as there should be less moaning about overcrowding.
No, it's only a win for domestic London based F pax. Those of us who transit will have to hike around to access the CCR. This is a really dumb idea and I hope it's just foolish gossip. BA knows very well that they depend hugely on transit passengers.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
This is the same point I made the other day.

If the CCR door closes, the effect will be lower volumes in the CCR - as more pax will either choose to stay in GF or obliviously stay there thinking it is the allocated lounge for F pax.

If they don't tell people about the Concorde Room and people think the F lounge is really the F lounge they'll look particularly bad compared to Lufthansa and Air France at their home hubs. Then again there's many who'll be perfectly happy in the F lounge and just want somewhere to relax before the flight and don't want table service dining of LPGS. If BA ensure people are aware of the Concorde Room it may still benefit from those who aren't too bothered just sitting in the F lounge making the CCR quieter. Currently as the CCR is the easiest lounge to get to for eligible pax it's likely to attract those who'd also have been equally as happy in the other lounge.

Anyway let's see how this works in practice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.