Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
Hmm, I've always found the HEL Holiday Inn to be overpriced for paid nights and much better as a redemption for 15000 points. If you need it for Accelerate, can you stay at another property in Helsinki?

You don't need to get a taxi to the ferry terminal in Tallinn... I walked it in an hour (in 0°C!) or you can take a bus directly there for €2.

From the Helsinki ferry port you buy a day ticket from the tram driver for €9.

What about the "overnight" ferries?

I think so, the HEL lounges seem like a conveyor belt to me (I actually prefer the Schengen one)
Well, it's around £75 for the HI at HEL and close to double that in Helsinki itself. Don't know the city to say whether other hotels are well placed or really out the way.
£100 or so for the Tallinn Hilton.
Looked at overnight ferries and they are around €165 so more than a day / evening ferry @ €23+ and say a night at the Tallinn Hilton.

Think I could afford the €2 rather than walking for an hour!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: BA silver,
Originally Posted by xenole
Well, it's around £75 for the HI at HEL and close to double that in Helsinki itself. Don't know the city to say whether other hotels are well placed or really out the way.
£100 or so for the Tallinn Hilton.
Looked at overnight ferries and they are around €165 so more than a day / evening ferry @ €23+ and say a night at the Tallinn Hilton.

Think I could afford the €2 rather than walking for an hour!
Radisson Blu Seaside hotel is near the western ferry port in HEL. At the end of the #6 tram line from the railway station. I think it cost me about £100 in May inc breakfast.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by rjhcambs
Radisson Blu Seaside hotel is near the western ferry port in HEL. At the end of the #6 tram line from the railway station. I think it cost me about £100 in May inc breakfast.
Can vouch for this hotel. Loved it.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Midway through another TLL trip. Seems the word has got out on the CX Flounge. A lot busier than I've seen it before.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by chistery
Midway through another TLL trip. Seems the word has got out on the CX Flounge. A lot busier than I've seen it before.
Lots of people doing the Tallinn run - same people in CX Lounge, on the A350, on the bus to the terminal and then on the flight to TLL.
And then checking in at the Hilton.
florens likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Markie
Lots of people doing the Tallinn run - same people in CX Lounge, on the A350, on the bus to the terminal and then on the flight to TLL.
And then checking in at the Hilton.
I'm amazed at how much chicken some people can pile onto a plate in the exec lounge! Nice upgrade to a suite though.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Probably a few runners, yes. However, there are always a lot of people flying from London to Tallinn (not necessarily TP runners that is). I think it is a busy route (NATO personnel come to mind).

Enjoy Tallinn! Jõuluturg (christmas market) is open now.
Markie and chistery like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Anyone chekced out the Labor test tube cocktails bar ?? Awesomeeee
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by chistery
I'm amazed at how much chicken some people can pile onto a plate in the exec lounge! Nice upgrade to a suite though.
I assumed that was the pwc people!
Calchas likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
Hmm, I've always found the HEL Holiday Inn to be overpriced for paid nights and much better as a redemption for 15000 points. If you need it for Accelerate, can you stay at another property in Helsinki?

You don't need to get a taxi to the ferry terminal in Tallinn... I walked it in an hour (in 0°C!) or you can take a bus directly there for €2.

From the Helsinki ferry port you buy a day ticket from the tram driver for €9.

What about the "overnight" ferries?

I think so, the HEL lounges seem like a conveyor belt to me (I actually prefer the Schengen one)
is that the one that is described on the OW website as ‘near gate 36’ ?

Will give that a go on the way home tomorrow. Can we get beers and spirits there ?

thanks
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by hungry
We went to the lounge for a drink in Helsinki whilst changing planes. But we was told it was only wine and softs available - no beer or spirits... it this right?

it was rammed as well!
At least in the Schengen lounge, last year when I went through, there was a tap where you could pour yourself beer. IIRC, they might have had cider as well.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by greg5
At least in the Schengen lounge, last year when I went through, there was a tap where you could pour yourself beer. IIRC, they might have had cider as well.
Still there as of last week, though when I passed through it was faulty and couldn’t be used, so could possibly still be out of action.

Same taps available in the non-Schengen J lounge too, on the same ‘island’ as the coffee machine from memory, and not next to the wines (on the side wall counter along from the small cake selection) so possible to see the wines and miss the beer/cider.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Hodders
Still there as of last week, though when I passed through it was faulty and couldn’t be used, so could possibly still be out of action.

Same taps available in the non-Schengen J lounge too, on the same ‘island’ as the coffee machine from memory, and not next to the wines (on the side wall counter along from the small cake selection) so possible to see the wines and miss the beer/cider.
any lounge with spirits ?? Couple of GnTs goes down well
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by hungry
any lounge with spirits ?? Couple of GnTs goes down well
Can’t honestly remember, sorry - have always ended up sticking to wine when passing through the Finnair lounges. I don’t think so in the Schengen lounge as there’s not a bar area, and I don’t remember seeing it out for self pour on the counter in the food/drink area. I’m pretty sure that you can get spirits including G+T in the non-Schengen J lounge from the bar area at the hot food station (immediately on your right as you enter), but as I say can’t say I’ve asked for it before so may be wrong.

In the Tallinn lounge however there are gin miniatures available so you can make G+Ts to your heart’s content.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
The Finnair Lounges near gates 50 have a bar where you can get small, mixed drinks. The other Finnair lounges - beer and wine only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.