Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Please refer to the wiki in this companion thread for more information.
Print Wikipost

LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Incidentally, a couple of travellers connecting from the (weather-delayed) A350 into the (weather-delayed) TLL ATR at HEL last Friday were overhead discussing FT and this thread in complementary terms. If that was you ....
squawk likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:12 pm

I do wish this run was still available, if only for the fact that on all three of the trips I took, FTers (self-identified and incognito) occupied most of the rear of the ATR!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:54 pm

That was probably me chatting to a fellow FTer last Friday as we got off the A350 on to the bus and at the gate waiting to get on the ATR.This was the third of my nested day trips.I still have 3 more to look forward to,one in Feb and 2 in March all booked at the £232+ price.I remember sitting behind Squawk on one ATR trip.It was blowing a gale outside and I was questioning the wisdom of taking a flight for just 20 tier points as we slewed around on take off and landing. We all enjoyed it really.
Thank you FT forum for finding this great value trip.
squawk likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:23 pm

Yes there were a few Brits on the A350 on Friday and lots at the back for the short hop to TLL so I assumed a few FTers. Being shy I never asked. Glad the HEL-TTL flight was delayed but the long walk between flights had the mrs even more not understanding this craze of taking the indirect route She's not one for attempting the 4 min mile for connections. Luckily a more releaxed and shorter walk on the way home Sunday early afternoon with time for a HEL lounge visit.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TPloser
Yes there were a few Brits on the A350 on Friday and lots at the back for the short hop to TLL so I assumed a few FTers. Being shy I never asked. Glad the HEL-TTL flight was delayed but the long walk between flights had the mrs even more not understanding this craze of taking the indirect route She's not one for attempting the 4 min mile for connections. Luckily a more releaxed and shorter walk on the way home Sunday early afternoon with time for a HEL lounge visit.
Middle-aged chap and somewhat shell-shocked lady in row 3 of the Sunday afternoon HEL-LHR?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Is it the BA or AY app for OLIC and BP printing? I bought the ticket through BA, but can see the booking on both apps.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Is it the BA or AY app for OLIC and BP printing? I bought the ticket through BA, but can see the booking on both apps.
Did you book BA codeshares an AY flights? Then use the AY App. If your LHR-HEL flight is operated by BA, use the BA App.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I checked in using the Finnair app this morning without an issue. 1A, 16D, 16D and 5L seat wise. Didn't choose any but they'll do fine.
BA comes up with the usual "since this flight isn't operated by us...." sort of thing.

Probably been asked before, but after I spend the day in Helsinki, I'll be getting a flight to TLL.
Do I have to use the upstairs lounge rather than the fancier one used before the HEL-LHR flights?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Do I have to use the upstairs lounge rather than the fancier one used before the HEL-LHR flights?
No, you can use the non-Schengen lounge, but you would have to pass through the passport machines to get there (and back).
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:32 am

That's fine.

Here's another Helsinki related question.

May be bringing a medium sized backpack with me and since I'm planning on seeing a bit of the city tomorrow, might not want to carry it around with me, instead just bringing a small bag or keeping essential things in my pockets.
There seems to be lockers for €4-6 a day at the airport and the train station.

Anyone used these? Not knowing anything well, and seeing how I'll be getting the train back to the airport (assume I get off at the main station), not sure which option is best, should there be any difference.
Hopefully both are easier to find that say at HKG, which was a pain.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
That's fine.

Here's another Helsinki related question.

May be bringing a medium sized backpack with me and since I'm planning on seeing a bit of the city tomorrow, might not want to carry it around with me, instead just bringing a small bag or keeping essential things in my pockets.
There seems to be lockers for €4-6 a day at the airport and the train station.

Anyone used these? Not knowing anything well, and seeing how I'll be getting the train back to the airport (assume I get off at the main station), not sure which option is best, should there be any difference.
Locker location is here, very easy to find when I last uised them.

http://www.airpro.fi/globalassets/do...4h_pricing.pdf

I normally jump on the Finnair bus, the final stop is at at the train station. Although you can get off before by the hotels and walk the last part into town along the lake.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
Middle-aged chap and somewhat shell-shocked lady in row 3 of the Sunday afternoon HEL-LHR?
Thats the one although I think I was more shell shocked after putting a gin and tonic in my lap despite having the row to myself
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Locker location is here, very easy to find when I last uised them.

http://www.airpro.fi/globalassets/do...4h_pricing.pdf

I normally jump on the Finnair bus, the final stop is at at the train station. Although you can get off before by the hotels and walk the last part into town along the lake.
It's not a lake, but an inlet.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Doing my last trip of 2017 today. Let's hope the weather plays nice!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Markie
Doing my last trip of 2017 today. Let's hope the weather plays nice!
Did see random showers mentioned.
Going to be a bit nippy if LHR is anything to go by!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.