FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1800457-club-europe-introduced-uk-domestic-flights-launches-01-april-2017-a.html)

Hannibal Lecter Feb 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Hopefully it'll be possible to fly like this and earn 40TPs/leg instead of 20
https://misterairmiles.com/2016/08/0...an-take-seven/
however is seems like the fare basis IAPLON is gone, must have happened this week? Replaced with IM0H ?

Calchas Feb 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 27940173)
Hopefully it'll be possible to fly like this and earn 40TPs/leg instead of 20
https://misterairmiles.com/2016/08/0...an-take-seven/
however is seems like the fare basis IAPLON is gone, must have happened this week? Replaced with IM0H ?

Oh that old chestnut. Look under ABZ-AMS. There's IHV2K (via LGW high season) IKV2K (via LGW shoulder season) and ILV2K (via LGW low season), all priced at £242 base. If you want to go via LCY, IM0Y is there at £304 and via LHR IM0R is there at £312. Books into I class within the UK so should be upgraded to Club Europe. On Loganair it still books into I (even though the plane is all Y) so in principle the 40 TPs would be yours there as well. All still have the following generous routing table attached:

Code:

**** CONSTRUCTED ROUTING ABZ-AMS/BA      EF-13JAN17 DIS-INDEF
**ADDON ORG      ABZ  EURG/4    PUBLISHED ROUTING 1111
**PUBLISHED  LON-AMS  EURG/4    PUBLISHED ROUTING 1235

/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
 1. ABZ-KOI-GLA-LON-AMS
 2. ABZ-LON-AMS
 3. ABZ-SDZ-GLA-LON-AMS

Flyingboy200 Feb 21, 2017 4:38 pm

I have booked a lot of the cheap business class flights to Tallin this year via Helsinki on the AY A350 BA codeshare. All flights have BA flight numbers and tickets issued by BA including the short hop between Helsinki and Tallin. I've started my journey in Newcastle and the fares have come to £258 return instead of £232 out of LHR, a real bargain considering a return domestic add on. I note my domestic flights on the same ticket however have booked into either O or L class depending on the day, will these domestic flights be upgraded to the new domestic Club Europe considering they are connecting onto BA Business class flights?

layz Feb 21, 2017 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingboy200 (Post 27940449)
I have booked a lot of the cheap business class flights to Tallin this year via Helsinki on the AY A350 BA codeshare. All flights have BA flight numbers and tickets issued by BA including the short hop between Helsinki and Tallin. I've started my journey in Newcastle and the fares have come to £258 return instead of £232 out of LHR, a real bargain considering a return domestic add on. I note my domestic flights on the same ticket however have booked into either O or L class depending on the day, will these domestic flights be upgraded to the new domestic Club Europe considering they are connecting onto BA Business class flights?

Unfortunately not. Y bucket tickets booked before the CE fares go on sale will be changed to J fares but no other economy fare buckets will be changed

Calchas Feb 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingboy200 (Post 27940449)

Nope. Your ticket is constructed of two fares glued together, Newcastle-London return (economy) and London-Tallin return (business). At the time it was a good deal because you would have been sat in the same cabin either way.

If you had a through-fare on Newcastle-Tallin you would be booked in I class on the domestic sectors and been put in CE. However that would have been more expensive to start with.

lost_in_translation Feb 23, 2017 5:34 am

No sign of this so far that I can see...

Tocsin Feb 23, 2017 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 27940561)
Nope. Your ticket is constructed of two fares glued together, Newcastle-London return (economy) and London-Tallin return (business). At the time it was a good deal because you would have been sat in the same cabin either way.

If you had a through-fare on Newcastle-Tallin you would be booked in I class on the domestic sectors and been put in CE. However that would have been more expensive to start with.

I'm in a similar position, having just booked NCL-TLL return (via LHR, HEL of course :) ) as one booking, asking for Club/ Business fares, travelling in May.

Looking in detail, the NCL flights have been booked in Q and O respectively.

Hypothetically speaking, IF Club UK seats are introduced, I might be a bit miffed if not offered them, having asked specifically!

Calchas Feb 23, 2017 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Tocsin (Post 27947493)
I'm in a similar position, having just booked NCL-TLL return (via LHR, HEL of course :) ) as one booking, asking for Club/ Business fares, travelling in May.

Looking in detail, the NCL flights have been booked in Q and O respectively.

Hypothetically speaking, IF Club UK seats are introduced, I might be a bit miffed if not offered them, having asked specifically!

I guess it wouldn't hurt to put in a complaint, once BA make the formal announcement.

KARFA Feb 23, 2017 8:03 am

Complaint about what? You booked a trip which included two flights in a heavily discounted economy selling class which actually cost you £30 extra for those two domestic flights. The option to buy those flights in a "business" selling class was there but the total cost would have been ~£340 rather than ~£265.

What exactly is the basis of the complaint? Perhaps the only possibility is BA says ok you can go in domestic club but we want the extra £80.

Tocsin Feb 23, 2017 8:36 am

duplicate deleted

layz Feb 23, 2017 8:37 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 27947528)
What exactly is the basis of the complaint? Perhaps the only possibility is BA says ok you can go in domestic club but we want the extra £80.

That sounds fair enough to me as long as they also waive the change fee. £80 for two flights has to be better than any POUG that may be offered.

If I had the option to pay £265 or £340 and the only difference was the £340 one give 20 TP rather than 5, I'd take the cheaper option unless I really needed an extra 15 TP each way. But if I knew the extra would get CE plus 40TP each way it looks more attractive.

That said, they were offered a ticket in the economy cabin when they booked the domestic leg and that's what they're getting.

If NoRRA decided to offer a business cabin on HEL-TLL (highly unlikely) would these automatically get upgraded?

Tocsin Feb 23, 2017 8:38 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 27947528)
Complaint about what? You booked a trip which included two flights in a heavily discounted economy selling class which actually cost you £30 extra for those two domestic flights. The option to buy those flights in a "business" selling class was there but the total cost would have been ~£340 rather than ~£265.

That I asked for Club/ Business tickets (and pricing was not per leg but for the inbound/ outbound journey), was told they were not available for some legs, and when (IF, still not seen BA saying anything!) I get on board and find Club seats are available?

Speaking as a humble passenger who doesn't even know or care about selling classes, that situation would have me "a bit miffed" :mad: - hypothetically!

KARFA Feb 23, 2017 8:41 am

Originally Posted by layz (Post 27947699)
That sounds fair enough to me as long as they also waive the change fee. £80 for two flights has to be better than any POUG that may be offered.

If I had the option to pay £265 or £340 and the only difference was the £340 one give 20 TP rather than 5, I'd take the cheaper option unless I really needed an extra 15 TP each way. But if I knew the extra would get CE plus 40TP each way it looks more attractive.

That said, they were offered a ticket in the economy cabin when they booked the domestic leg and that's what they're getting.

If NoRRA decided to offer a business cabin on HEL-TLL (highly unlikely) would these automatically get upgraded?

I guess it is possible that may be offered. I certainly can't see any possibility that for no cost people who are not already in J, Y, C, D, R, I, or U class will be seated in club.

Originally Posted by Tocsin (Post 27947705)
That I asked for Club/ Business tickets (and pricing was not per leg but for the inbound/ outbound journey), was told they were not available for some legs, and when (IF, still not seen BA saying anything!) I get on board and find Club seats are available?

Asked whom? And who said I class wasn't available on domestic flights?

Tocsin Feb 23, 2017 8:48 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 27947722)
I guess it is possible that may be offered. I certainly can't see any possibility that for no cost people who are not already in J, Y, C, D, R, I, or U class will be seated in club.

Asked whom? And who said I class wasn't available on domestic flights?

"Asked" the BA website by setting seating class wanted.

BA site gives available options - warns that Club/ Business not available for some parts of the journey, gives price on next page. No mention of I class (or any other class) at any point. That's about as far as I remember the process!

KARFA Feb 23, 2017 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Tocsin (Post 27947757)
"Asked" the BA website by setting seating class wanted.

BA site gives available options - warns that Club/ Business not available for some parts of the journey, gives price on next page. No mention of I class (or any other class) at any point. That's about as far as I remember the process!

Try calling BA and offering the extra ~£80 to change your domestics to I class and see what they say.