FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1800457-club-europe-introduced-uk-domestic-flights-launches-01-april-2017-a.html)

TraumaDoc Feb 19, 2017 11:17 am

Originally Posted by FrancisA (Post 27929268)
Not so much the strength of BAEC as the BA route network and the converse for BD. Why risk misconnect issues for the sake of an hour on the coach?

Well yes, indeed, however there was nothing stopping folk doing JER-LHR-XXX with BD/*A.

Originally Posted by FrancisA (Post 27929268)
I am sure there would be business on LHR and LCY routes, but would it make things better or just fragmented? Also, while Jersey has a substantial financial services business, does it need to get to the City or Canary Wharf? For the City LGW trains run to the doorstep making LCY less attractive.

To my mind JER needs frequency with reasonable connection options. Fragmenting flight across airports may actually dilute the effective frequency. Hence I see it as LGW or LHR, not both with LCY thrown in for good measure.

Bear in mind the Channel Islands represent quite a limited catchment area. One surprise to me at least is that BA do not fly to GCI, especially since the runaway was extended to take A319s/737s. Surely one or two flights a day would hardly operate empty?

See where you're coming from, LGW has sat pretty for many years. I still think switching to LHR would be an advantage, however I can't see LHR wanting to put as much effort into getting people to and from the island with bad weather (at either end) as LGW do. Time will tell.

Calchas Feb 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 27929881)
Which earning rates are wrong?

Just ignore me. :)

Prospero Feb 21, 2017 4:53 am

Now that BA has released some information about the changes to its UK domestic routes, I created a wiki, as follows:

Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, Y, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G, or X fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector. *Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe

squawk Feb 21, 2017 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 27937502)
Now that BA has released some information about the changes to its UK domestic routes, I created a wiki, as follows:

Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

Thanks Prospero - that is very helpful. Am I missing the announcement though? I've seen Raffles/HFP's post and the thread here, of course, but haven't seen anything 'official' from BA yet (I did just look at their press page, but nada).

florens Feb 21, 2017 5:12 am

Excellent news, thank you Prospero.

Calchas Feb 21, 2017 5:25 am

Now that BA has released some information about the changes to its UK domestic routes, I created a wiki, as follows

Unless I'm missing something, this information is from Raffles, not released by BA?

BJ787 Feb 21, 2017 5:48 am

Is there any indication as to how the advent of CE on Domestics will affect day before lounge access for us plebs with no status?

We usually blow wodges of our Avios on Club Redemptions, MAN-LHR-MAD for instance and currently regardless of what bucket the MAN-LHR books into if the onward LHR-MAD is within 24hrs we get to use MAN Terraces. Are they likely to close up that little loophole in favour of making you explicitly have to book Club?

cgtechuk Feb 21, 2017 5:49 am

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, Y, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G, or X fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector. *Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe

So for me as someone who starts in GLA this has advantages and disadvantages/

Advantages:
-Now get an extra 40TP on my longhaul routes in WTP and CW as they are J tickets
-No Buy On Board

Disadvantages:
-No more 1A on domestic on a Y booking

I can live with that. Will just do exit row instead

GlasgowBlue Feb 21, 2017 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Ben Jones (Post 27937614)
Is there any indication as to how the advent of CE on Domestics will affect day before lounge access for us plebs with no status?

We usually blow wodges of our Avios on Club Redemptions, MAN-LHR-MAD for instance and currently regardless of what bucket the MAN-LHR books into if the onward LHR-MAD is within 24hrs we get to use MAN Terraces. Are they likely to close up that little loophole in favour of making you explicitly have to book Club?

I can only assume it'll depend what ticket bucket the domestic leg books into. I've had a recent cash CE bookings where the domestic leg has booked into H. On another the domestic leg booked into I.

In my experience in booking both cash and redemption CE flights from GLA/EDI, selecting the stopover option leads to far greater choice of domestic legs but they tend to book into economy ticket classes. Selecting "No Stopover" leads to a diminished choice of domestic legs but the domestic flight seems to book into J, I or U.

This is "in my experience" so others with more expertise may prove me wrong.

I'm certain there was a post in the "Lounge Access Guideliness" in the last few months highlighting that same day travel in CE no longer automatically allowed access to the lounge at the domestic airport. It is solely dependant on either FF status or the ticket class of the domestic flight.

TravellerFrequently Feb 21, 2017 6:20 am

When will CE be loaded for these routes?

It does not look as though you can book yet.

layz Feb 21, 2017 6:25 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently (Post 27937708)
When will CE be loaded for these routes?

It does not look as though you can book yet.

Thursday apparently, although I thought they would have launched the MAN-LCY flights with CE for sale (they went on sale today) but they're only showing economy and I'm seated in the front of the aircraft (so presumably will be moved)

Calum Feb 21, 2017 6:32 am

Do we know what WTP bookings will book into yet?

lost_in_translation Feb 21, 2017 6:38 am

So, how many hours after midnight on 1st April do we think the first 'I paid for CE on a domestic flight but there was no priority boarding' post appears? :P

xenole Feb 21, 2017 6:44 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 27937771)
So, how many hours after midnight on 1st April do we think the first 'I paid for CE on a domestic flight but there was no priority boarding' post appears? :P

Probably 6hrs or so, depending on when the first flight of the day is.

There will also be:

Got denied lounge access
No catering loaded yet BoB for the back
Agents had no idea this even existed
Someone in 1B.

SeattleDavid Feb 21, 2017 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 27937745)
Do we know what WTP bookings will book into yet?

I made a SFO-LHR-MAN reservation last week and it booked into J on LHR-MAN and return.

But maybe that will change after this announcement today?