FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1800457-club-europe-introduced-uk-domestic-flights-launches-01-april-2017-a.html)

nei1c Jan 15, 17 3:03 am

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 27763169)
Was looking at some existing bookings las night. On a LHR/MAN flight I was originally in 1A. Within the space of a few minutes this went to no seat allocated, to 6A and then back to 1A. Unfortunately this is booked in fare code O so expect to be moved if business U.K. srarts before May even though booked as part of an I fare booking to TLL.

I managed to get the domestic leg of my TLL ticket forced into fare code I. It cost a bit more than the N alternative so I'm hoping we'll have business UK by June. Either way I'll at least get the lounge access as my silver card will be gone by then.

KARFA Jan 15, 17 3:06 am

Originally Posted by nei1c (Post 27763453)
I managed to get the domestic leg of my TLL ticket forced into fare code I. It cost a bit more than the N alternative so I'm hoping we'll have business UK by June. Either way I'll at least get the lounge access as my silver card will be gone by then.

I class does not currently give rise to lounge access on a domestic flight. Only selling classes Y and J do.

nei1c Jan 15, 17 3:24 am

Ah that could have been an expensive mistake on my part then.

Skipcool3 Jan 15, 17 3:37 am

Wait and see....

....time for Alex to Go....

gw76 Jan 15, 17 3:51 am

....Alex aint going anywhere. :rolleyes:

Worcester Jan 15, 17 4:55 am

Originally Posted by gw76 (Post 27763559)
....Alex aint going anywhere. :rolleyes:

Along with a number of his passengers on strike days....

I fares are discounted business are they not and they are what my domestic connections book into on CE bookings with domestic legs. I would have though they should eventually book into domestic CE.

They certainly get me 20tps per leg, but then again if I do a multicity booking they only get me 5tps.

florens Jan 26, 17 3:34 pm

If this has been asked and answered before, I do apologize.

I booked a reward flight (July) ZRH-LHR-MAN where ZRH-LHR is in CE and LHR-MAN is in Domestic.

What happens to reward bookings as soon as there will be a CE cabin on domestic flights?

Will I sit in the economy or business cabin with this booking?

Tobias-UK Jan 27, 17 1:24 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 27822501)
If this has been asked and answered before, I do apologize.

I booked a reward flight (July) ZRH-LHR-MAN where ZRH-LHR is in CE and LHR-MAN is in Domestic.

What happens to reward bookings as soon as there will be a CE cabin on domestic flights?

Will I sit in the economy or business cabin with this booking?

As each sector is 'priced' separately on European redemptions you will have redeemed a CE flight for ZRH-LHR with an economy redemption for LHR-MAN. On that basis you would be seated in the economy cabin unless you upgrade to Club and hand over the additional Avios.

florens Jan 27, 17 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 27823992)
As each sector is 'priced' separately on European redemptions you will have redeemed a CE flight for ZRH-LHR with an economy redemption for LHR-MAN. On that basis you would be seated in the economy cabin unless you upgrade to Club and hand over the additional Avios.

Just as I thought, thank you Tobias-UK.

PeacefulWaters Jan 27, 17 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 27823992)

Yes, I'm rather hoping my first redemption to Boston commencing in the frozen north will have me in a CE seat come June.

Although for the 35 minutes in the air I really shouldn't worry.

csdavidson Feb 3, 17 5:09 am

Originally Posted by PeacefulWaters (Post 27824360)
Yes, I'm rather hoping my first redemption to Boston commencing in the frozen north will have me in a CE seat come June.

Although for the 35 minutes in the air I really shouldn't worry.

Me too. I've just booked 4 of us in F to Boston for mid-April, although unclear if CE will be running on domestics by then. At the moment I can't book anything further than row 12 on the 767 from EDI.

I agree that on a short flight it doesn't make much difference, but it would be nice to kick start the holiday with CE domestic.

I think it would be a shame if longhaul CW/F redemptions did not book into CE domestic.

FrancisA Feb 3, 17 5:18 am

Originally Posted by csdavidson (Post 27859307)
Me too. I've just booked 4 of us in F to Boston for mid-April, although unclear if CE will be running on domestics by then. At the moment I can't book anything further than row 12 on the 767 from EDI.

I agree that on a short flight it doesn't make much difference, but it would be nice to kick start the holiday with CE domestic.

I think it would be a shame if longhaul CW/F redemptions did not book into CE domestic.

Galley FM reckons Club on domestic flights will start in March. Heard this from two different crews so either it is spreading like wild fire or there is some factual basis to it.

GlasgowBlue Feb 3, 17 5:30 am

No idea if it's relevant, however I booked GLA > LHR > CPH and return as one booking back in November last year for travel this weekend. LHR <> CPH segments booked into I class tickets, the domestic legs booked into H.

Booked GLA > LGW > ALC and return during January for travel in July this year and all legs have booked into I class tickets.

Both journeys were booked selecting the "lowest price" drop down on BA.com.

GlasgowBlue Feb 3, 17 5:35 am

Originally Posted by csdavidson (Post 27859307)

I may be completely off the mark, however given BAs current strategy regarding cutting costs and maximising revenue I strongly suspect this will be an "option" for longhaul premium cabin bookings originating in the regions. 50 per person, per domestic leg to upgrade from standard domestic with BoB to domestic CE with lounge access, free snacks and drinks?

Calchas Feb 3, 17 5:46 am

Might be an option on CE. I doubt it would be on longhaul.