Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Route Announcement: LGW-OAK Oakland, California, starting March 28, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Route Announcement: LGW-OAK Oakland, California, starting March 28, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
This route has been a disaster so far. The flight right now has an on time rating of 55% per flight stats and I imagine that will continue to fall. I periodically check the flight and it's late more than it's on time. My last flight OAK LGW was delayed 3 hours, partially due to a bag count problem and the FA told me that the staff at OAK is not yet trained on BA procedures, which is echoed in this thread.

Agree with above poster -- if you have a choice, choose SFO.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
One major plus of the OAK route is fares into the Bay Area are significantly lower than SFO. £1800 return vs. £2800 in Club is the most stark, but economy fares too.

... and you don't have to book LGW-OAK. BA is also pricing LHR-SEA/PHX-OAK (SEA with the refitted 747s) at the same rate.

If you've got the time to connect, it seems a very sensible option to me!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:35 pm

I like the SJC routing over OAK as I live 20 minutes from SJC and it leaves at good times and arrives at 5:50 PM which gives you time to get home and go to bed at a normal 9:00 PM bedtime. On the outbound you can go right to sleep and then when you arrive in London you can check into your hotel have a dinner and go to sleep(:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.