Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Route Announcement: LGW-OAK Oakland, California, starting March 28, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Route Announcement: LGW-OAK Oakland, California, starting March 28, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
See I told you OAK was going to be announced!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...50-ba-oak.html

Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Originally Posted by ACARS
See I told you OAK was going to be announced!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...50-ba-oak.html

What else is BA planning in the US? What's the status of opening up BNA, STL, PDX?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
10 abreast is completely inevitable - just a matter of time.

Under ASA rules that price has to be available for at least 10% of Y seats for the period in question.

And here is probably what it will look like with club being the latest WT+

https://web.archive.org/web/20001207...oeing777.shtml
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Tanaka07
What else is BA planning in the US? What's the status of opening up BNA, STL, PDX?
Haven't the foggiest. But when my little birdies chirp I shall post and await the usual dismissive comments.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ACARS
Haven't the foggiest. But when my little birdies chirp I shall post and await the usual dismissive comments.
Love to hear any chirps about PDX!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Skyline
Love to hear any chirps about PDX!
Unlikely; seems like the latest routes announced are SH to places I have never heard of.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Unlikely; seems like the latest routes announced are SH to places I have never heard of.
You mean apart from apart from MSY, FLL and... er... OAK...?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
You mean apart from apart from MSY, FLL and... er... OAK...?
I am sure this is a reference to Pula and Murcia. Still Montpellier should feature in the kanderson1965 atlas. Incidentally Santiago starts in January too, plus I suspect at least 2 more longhaul routes coming up.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by SinoBritAsia
OH MY GOD. THE FARES:

The route will be served by a 777-200ER aircraft operating four-days a week, with flights launching from £189 each way based on a return fare in World Traveller, £448 in World Traveller Plus.
Good fares indeed but add a UK domestic connection and they more than double on the dates I've checked.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:50 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
Tried to book ORD-FLL-LGW for s*$('s and giggles but no luck, all the itineraries want to go via DUB (makes sense honestly).

Feel like next year is going to be a bloodbath for yields next year on TATL... hopefully some of it will hit me in ORD (calling DY longhaul...)
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tanaka07
I really hope BA relaunch LHR-CLT.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
The thing to make BA stand out from DY at LGW would be the overall package. So BA holidays, exec club, lounge, and some onward connectivity.

As I said in the FLL thread I would hope that BA also have plans for additional shorthaul frames for LGW and to return to some domestic and euro destinations.

cs
No BA aren't going back to Newquay.

Let's leave Flybe at it..
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Cornishsimon, even when BA REPEATEDLY say LGW is a p2p base unviable as a hub you keep plugging away at them to turn the clock back to 1993. Fair play for consistency but there's not a decent business case for going back to a model that lost millions.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Where are all these frames coming from at LGW? Only LAS went from but plenty of new routes. Anything else going or they getting more aircraft?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am sure this is a reference to Pula and Murcia. Still Montpellier should feature in the kanderson1965 atlas. Incidentally Santiago starts in January too, plus I suspect at least 2 more longhaul routes coming up.
Of course CWS, fine rugby playing part of the world. Had to drag out the atlas for the rest though. I must admit PDX would be nice for me as we have a new site out there, MSP would be great also

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.