Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Aus_Mal
This thread is for opinions on the concept of Buy on Board, concerned with the rights or wrongs of the decision to introduce it.

An information thread exists for your questions, particularly if they are on factual matters, here:
Buy on board: Information guide for BA shorthaul economy services

There is a separate thread for experiences, anecdotes, reactions and related comments, which is to be found here:
Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy services

Useful sub-links
chongcao posted a comparison of other oneworld airlines' BOB prices

Not happy about these changes?
If you have an existing booking, you may be able to complain and get 1000 Avios or cancel for free until 28 days before departure. BA's complaint form.

However, in November 2016, phone calls to BA indicated that "no refunds would be given as food & drinks were complimentary and not part of the T&C."
Print Wikipost

Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
+1,

Flight attendant physically dragged my earphones off my head during taxi.
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
I wonder how many people will go for the champagne option!

Heidsieck & Co. Monopole, Blue Top, Brut - 375ml £16.00 / 2025 Avios
Really? Shame you cant bring your own due to liquid restrictions!
Attached Images  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...

Probably not that many people who've ever consumed it, though I guess it has some fans somewhere.

Do airlines have to pay duty on alcohol sold onboard?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond

The Prosecco is a much better option, in my opinion. I am glad to see it on the menu. The choice of the champagne is very strange (and bad).
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
Interesting move taken at a time when other legacy carrier (Delta) is considering bringing free meals back....
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:04 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas

What Alex Cruz did is remove my band 4 meal completely without reducing my ticket cost. Basically he wants to have his MY cake and eat it!
I corrected this for you!

Highlight is mine!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: Some
Bit strange BA are opting to complicate things by selling a different champagne in Y to the one served in CE. Let's hope this isn't the return of Blue Top to CE.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Bit strange BA are opting to complicate things by selling a different champagne in Y to the one served in CE. Let's hope this isn't the return of Blue Top to CE.
What do they currently give in CE?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
There are a lot of different products on BoB compared to now. The coke, for example, is 330ml, whereas it's currently 150ml. Given that there are now going to be two completely separate products and cabins, it makes sense to properly separate the bars. Otherwise a thirsty CE cabin might drink all the BoB champagne thus reducing potential sales and profit from BA. We wouldn't want that now would we? Hopefully the crew at least will be empowered to sell CE pax the Y champers once the limited CE stock has run dry by row 2.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by shefgab
There are a lot of different products on BoB compared to now. The coke, for example, is 330ml, whereas it's currently 150ml. Given that there are now going to be two completely separate products and cabins, it makes sense to properly separate the bars. Otherwise a thirsty CE cabin might drink all the BoB champagne thus reducing potential sales and profit from BA. We wouldn't want that now would we? Hopefully the crew at least will be empowered to sell CE pax the Y champers once the limited CE stock has run dry by row 2.
Yes, quite interesting -- We're out of your drink of choice or meal of choice, would you like to buy something off the ET BOB menu?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Yes, quite interesting -- We're out of your drink of choice or meal of choice, would you like to buy something off the ET BOB menu?
I would assume if the champers in CE ran out they would give the Y BOB champers free of charge no?

I will definitely be asking for Champers on my next CE flight so they better have some left as I will be sitting in the back of CE (no 1A for les bleus)
and not dare try to charge me for it from the BOB stock!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
I would assume if the champers in CE ran out they would give the Y BOB champers free of charge no?
Good luck with that assumption.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Nope, BA crew on this forum have been very explicit: the BoB trolley is for sales only, nobody gets anything free neither CE nor service recovery etc.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Is today the first day of BOB; can we have live updates?

Oh no wifi quite yet
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Is today the first day of BOB; can we have live updates?

Oh no wifi quite yet
no 11/1
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: Some
What do they currently give in CE?
Castlenau - https://www.thedrinkshop.com/item/68...rut-reserve-nv

Nothing special but I think it's actually not that bad (I prefer it to the Henriot Brut which they now serve in GF/CW, that to me is borderline undrinkable although the Rose is a little better).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.