Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dougzz
I have GE and find that it never works well with AA when using my BAEC on the booking. In MCO late last year I had to go back to the desk and wait while lots of key tapping was done to finally print the TSA-Pre bording passes for a couple of domestic legs. Yesterday at JFK I again didn't have TSA-Pre on the domestic legs, and despite the efforts of the AA Flagship bit of the terminal they couldn't get them printed with it. They did have someone walk me to the front of the line, but that was just the initial check, I still ended up in the normal line removing electronics, shoes and liquids, and that after a tedious badly managed queue.
In terms of GE that should just work off your passport.

In terms of TSA Pre your KTN needs to be in the AA booking. Have you been going to AA.com and putting it in?

I am not sure why putting your BAEC number in should have any effect. FFP is not linked to KTN/GE.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
In terms of GE that should just work off your passport.

In terms of TSA Pre your KTN needs to be in the AA booking. Have you been going to AA.com and putting it in?

I am not sure why putting your BAEC number in should have any effect. FFP is not linked to KTN/GE.
Sorry I was a bit unclear, GE works great, but the resultant TSA-Pre is the issue for me. AA have both my passport and KTN.

I mentioned BAEC as in my AA account via the web browser I never see my AA bookings, I have to search and add them via the record locater, but that only works for that session, they don't get stored, I'd assumed that was because I use the BAEC number on them, rather than the AA equivalent. But maybe I just have an account issue with AA. The AA app remembers the bookings fine.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Sorry I was a bit unclear, GE works great, but the resultant TSA-Pre is the issue for me. AA have both my passport and KTN.

I mentioned BAEC as in my AA account via the web browser I never see my AA bookings, I have to search and add them via the record locater, but that only works for that session, they don't get stored, I'd assumed that was because I use the BAEC number on them, rather than the AA equivalent. But maybe I just have an account issue with AA. The AA app remembers the bookings fine.
My experience is the same, the app remembers the booking after you have entered the locator but the web site does not. It only remembers them if you your the AAdvantage number associated.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)

Originally Posted by MADPhil
My experience is the same, the app remembers the booking after you have entered the locator but the web site does not. It only remembers them if you your the AAdvantage number associated.
I find this issue only on BA bookings with AA segments. The issue is that BA and AA don't store names exactly the same sometimes, so AA needs to update the name fields to match what PreCheck expects for it to work correctly.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by dylanks
I find this issue only on BA bookings with AA segments. The issue is that BA and AA don't store names exactly the same sometimes, so AA needs to update the name fields to match what PreCheck expects for it to work correctly.
Now this sounds very likely the issue. My middle name is Charles, and BA have this, AA consider my middle name C and if I add the harles part I'm told there is a problem with my name.
Edit: Interestingly the booking I'm on now where they just couldn't make the TSA-Pre appear is one done through AA, albeit in AA Germany.

Last edited by dougzz; Apr 13, 2018 at 8:43 pm Reason: Additional.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:33 pm

It happens on AA bookings too if you use a BA number, and you have to type in all the personal information. If you book with an AA number and have an agent change the number then the information is retained but the booking is only visible through the PNR on the web site.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:40 pm

Now this sounds very likely the issue. My middle name is Charles, and BA have this, AA consider my middle name C and if I add the harles part I'm told there is a problem with my name.
Edit: Interestingly the booking I'm on now where they just couldn't make the TSA-Pre appear is one done through AA, albeit in AA Germany.
We were told the boarding pass name must match your passport fully to allow TSA-Pre and that we needed to have the middle name included on the boarding pass and she mentioned putting them both in the first name field on booking.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ChemicalWoody
Yes, the lady at the US Embassy confirmed that AA let you enter your number into an AA booking even if a flight is operated by BA and so benefit from TSA Pre. So presumably it’ll be there automatically if it’s stored in your profile.

In the meantime, despite being told in my interview that I was being approved, my status still hasn’t changed after some days.
If you had a delay did your status change to approved eventually? Or did you locate any contact channel to chase it up?
Nope. My status still doesn’t even show that I had the interview. I’m flying into JFK tomorrow so am going to try to enroll on entry and explain what’s happened so far.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by TPloser
We were told the boarding pass name must match your passport fully to allow TSA-Pre and that we needed to have the middle name included on the boarding pass and she mentioned putting them both in the first name field on booking.
You definitely don't need your middle name in the booking to get Precheck. My middle name is on my passport and GE account but I never use it in my bookings, and always get Precheck.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by TPloser
Whoever told you that is wrong.

There must be an exact match as to the names used on the e-ticket (PNR is irrelevant) and GE and GE should match the passport. Thus, if your passport & GE are under JOHN HENRY SMITH and your e-ticket is under JOHN SMITH or JOHN H. SMITH, that is fine. What will not work is booking your e-ticket under JON SMITH.

For consistency, many large businesses now harmonize all three, requiring passport, GE, and e-tickets to be booked under exactly the same names, but that is not required.

I suspect that those who have booked an AA segment on BA stock and using their BA profile, will find that they don't receive Pre-Check on their AA segment because they need to manually add their KTN to the AA e-ticket because BA does not collect the KTN.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
I suspect that those who have booked an AA segment on BA stock and using their BA profile, will find that they don't receive Pre-Check on their AA segment because they need to manually add their KTN to the AA e-ticket because BA does not collect the KTN.
This is the case, but you add the KTN on the AA site when you have the AA PNR. You will not get Pre-Check on the BP if it is printed by BA but you can reprint the BP on an AA kiosk at the port of entry.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by MADPhil
This is the case, but you add the KTN on the AA site when you have the AA PNR. You will not get Pre-Check on the BP if it is printed by BA but you can reprint the BP on an AA kiosk at the port of entry.
Not so easy when leaving T5, but I'm based at MAD and will just pop over to the AA desks in T4 when I have an IB issued boarding pass for an onward connection and I get the precheck just fine.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
As noted not having your middle name in the ticket/booking is completely irrelevant - I do not include my middle name in bookings. What matters is having your APIS correct in BA MMB for ESTA matching.

With TSAPre it is important to go to your AA PNR and complete the passenger information section (including putting your passport information, all names, and KTN). If you booked with BA then you can find your AA PNR by looking in seat selection for the AA flights - it should be shown there.

For GE there is nothing to put in anywhere on BA or AA, when you put your passport in the GE kiosk it will pick up your GE status linked to that passport. On newer ESTA applications I seem to remember there is now a field for entering your KTN. However, if you have an older ESTA which didn't require that information it is not a problem - I entered the US many times using GE with an older ESTA with no issue.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by ibbitsc
Nope. My status still doesn’t even show that I had the interview. I’m flying into JFK tomorrow so am going to try to enroll on entry and explain what’s happened so far.
No status change on mine either, it’s like applications that should have been approved are just getting lost in the system.
My airport has no enrol on entry (Atlanta) so I’m going to schedule another appointment for next week. I’m worried as most of the remaining London slots have gone now, and there’s no number or email to contact.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:35 am

Just to follow up... went back to the Embassy. There is an issue where the fingerprints can take a while to be verified. In my case my interviewer said she'd approve it as soon as the fingerprints come back, but because she then interviewed someone else she forgot the final step. Easy fix today and now approved.
Apparently there was an email address on the US Embassy London website that I could have contacted, but no harm done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.