Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by jayoung101
Flying out home from Mexico City via Miami last week (5th March 2018) I spoke to the overall desk supervisor for BA in Miami about TSA Pre Check and BA not being involved . She told me BA participation , it is due to start in April. Not sure if this is all US / BA flight airports or just Miami ?
Probably April 1st
710 77345, dylanks and dougzz like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jayoung101
Flying out home from Mexico City via Miami last week (5th March 2018) I spoke to the overall desk supervisor for BA in Miami about TSA Pre Check and BA not being involved . She told me BA participation , it is due to start in April. Not sure if this is all US / BA flight airports or just Miami ?
Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum, jayoung101, many thanks for that contribution, I hope there will be many more to come, welcome on board.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:25 am

Had my Global Entry interview this morning at the new US Embassy in London (very impressive building and great views). The lady interviewing me mentioned that "British are finally joining Precheck this summer". Not sure if that's a definite but I would assume she is reasonably well informed!
dylanks and bhbloke like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by mda03jb
Had my Global Entry interview this morning at the new US Embassy in London (very impressive building and great views). The lady interviewing me mentioned that "British are finally joining Precheck this summer". Not sure if that's a definite but I would assume she is reasonably well informed!
That does sound a reasonable authoritative nugget of info... Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:29 pm

Not holding my breath!

rb211.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:21 am

Still waiting, patiently... or not so patiently, for something official! April is here.

rb211.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Had my Global Entry interview last Friday and was told the same as mda03jb. BA joining TSA Precheck in the summer.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
With other airlines, the announcement and rollout seem to be pretty closely tied so I wouldn't expect them to announce participation until they are ready to go live. Hopefully they already have the IT infrastructure done and are just waiting for bureaucratic approval.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by anyuser
Had my Global Entry interview last Friday and was told the same as mda03jb. BA joining TSA Precheck in the summer.
I suppose would tie in with renovations at JFK? The main reason to fly AA back from US is TSA Pre!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold
I also was at the Embassy last week and she said same to me!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by YClass
I suppose would tie in with renovations at JFK? The main reason to fly AA back from US is TSA Pre!
Well, there's the Flagship Lounge.

The fact that T8 doesn't smell like musty carpet and doesn't feel like you've gone cave exploring while walking around.

You get to fly a new 77W as opposed to a 744 that, while beautiful on the outside, feels like it's still held together with speed tape and hope.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by YClass
I have often been given TSA Pre tick on my BPs when flying AA both domestic and international even before getting it officially, when i was Silver and now Gold.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Well, there's the Flagship Lounge.

The fact that T8 doesn't smell like musty carpet and doesn't feel like you've gone cave exploring while walking around.

You get to fly a new 77W as opposed to a 744 that, while beautiful on the outside, feels like it's still held together with speed tape and hope.
And the ridiculous Sisyphean* "uphill" security point where all the trays slide downhill on rollers after passing through x-ray screening, making it a challenge to collect your belongings

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisyphus
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Hopefully they already have the IT infrastructure done
No doubt Alex has his high vis outfit at the ready
markle and rapidex like this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GGL & Gfl, LH Senator, Marriott Plat Prem, AA GLD
I had my GE interview at the end of March and was informed by the supervisor who stepped into my interview that BA would be implemented by the end of the summer. She indicated that it would be phased in and it would be by airport initially.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.