Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA should enhance its E-TICKET delivery by sending PDFs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA should enhance its E-TICKET delivery by sending PDFs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by yabadoo
I guess BA haven't thought through the environmental impact of printing out their e-ticket/itineraries. I have a simple roundtrip for myself and family JFK-LHR-FCO. The PDF print is 12 pages. Looking at the information, all of the essential information can fit into not more than 2 pages. It's waste to of paper to print out all this paper. Thinking also of countries like India where you need to show an itinerary to enter the terminal building, this is just hassle to print and carry with you. Surely BA can think this over and improve this.
Why not use the BA app for your trip? For places like India, print a one page that shows the ticket in order to have a hassle free entry to the terminal and use the app for the rest.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by golfmad
Why not use the BA app for your trip? For places like India, print a one page that shows the ticket in order to have a hassle free entry to the terminal and use the app for the rest.
Of course I have thought of it and indeed I have used the app there. However, I am not just thinking of my convenience but the general flying population of BA customers as not everyone is a BAEC member, travel savvy or have the smart phones to download the app for the sole purpose of showing your itinerary. Many people travel out of India who are infrequent travelers and hence the paper itinerary is the default option for them.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.

Last edited by yabadoo; Aug 6, 2018 at 1:52 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
The E-ticket must contain passenger name, PNR, itinerary information, ticket number and other essential booking information (such as booking code, booking condition if necessary). The current BA format of E-ticket in the email could never contain any of those said information in one single page.

And, many places does not accept APP as a source of E-ticket. For example, the BKK airport offline self help connection security check, it depends on who is at the check point to check your onward flight.

There is no defence for BA not to provide a better design of its ETKT confirmation emails. Do what IB does. Copy the IB method of ETKT. Simple solution is there but BA decided to ignore.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
In the olden days it was quite common to get an eticket receipt on boarding pass / ticket stock. I’d be surprised if check in staff or ticket desk agents couldn’t print one of those for you. SSCI machines used to ask you as well - not sure if they still do?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by yabadoo
I guess BA haven't thought through the environmental impact of printing out their e-ticket/itineraries. I have a simple roundtrip for myself and family JFK-LHR-FCO. The PDF print is 12 pages. Looking at the information, all of the essential information can fit into not more than 2 pages. It's waste to of paper to print out all this paper. Thinking also of countries like India where you need to show an itinerary to enter the terminal building, this is just hassle to print and carry with you. Surely BA can think this over and improve this.
BA e-tickets can also be a pain when you are claiming expenses as the total cost paid is hidden somewhere on page 3. Surely it should be clearly visible on the first page.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The e-ticket contents may also vary by origin or destination country. By way of example, e-tickets originating in the US must show the fees, if any, for the first and second checked bag. While that might be a common sense bit of information to include on all tickets, it is only the US which requires the specific information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.