Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA should enhance its E-TICKET delivery by sending PDFs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA should enhance its E-TICKET delivery by sending PDFs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Edit: just noticed on my Gmail colander, it has all my hotel and flight details (on my phone). If you have a Gmail account that will prob make life easy for you?
I think your diary solution has a few holes in it
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: Meow Mix
I really like the QF etkt, receipt and tax invoice PDF that is included in their booking information emails.

The first page includes all the flights(equipment and ticket number), pax details, payment, charges and tax. The rest of the document are supplementary information.

On certain booking confirmations from BA some mail clients also truncate the message.

/AE
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find it remarkable that such a simple suggestion to improve the BA experience (albeit very slightly) generates so many "blame the passenger" responses. How could you expect a one page printable record of your flight information! Just because other carriers provide it? This is British Airways, not some other carrier! Why would anyone want such a thing? That's a totally unreasonable request!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
I think your diary solution has a few holes in it
I see the comedy course is paying off
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rickg523
I find it remarkable that such a simple suggestion to improve the BA experience (albeit very slightly) generates so many "blame the passenger" responses. How dare you want a one page printable record of your flight information! Why would anyone want such a thing? That's a totally unreasonable request!
Who has said the OP is to blame or that it is a bad idea?

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
This is something that EZ do very well. And when I want a payment receipt for expenses, it comes by email as a one-page pdf within two minutes. Something to learn from the low-cost carriers?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chongcao
For many reasons:
1>, Receiving SMS can cost a lot when you are in a foreign country roaming
2>, Some immigration procedures require you to have a PHYSICAL copy of your E-ticket (for instance, 72 hours transit visa in China; entry to the USA [never checked but recommended to keep one handy])
3>, For record keeping sake
4>, and other reasons
This is incorrect, you are not charged for receiving SMS messages regardless of whether you're roaming
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
I know that some web browsers mask this but, technically, a PDF requires the installation of additional software to view it. Yes, Acrobat Reader is free, but as a developer, you can't just assume that it's installed. I'd guess that BA deliver e-tickets in the message body to ensure they're accessible to the widest possible audience.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by rickg523
I find it remarkable that such a simple suggestion to improve the BA experience (albeit very slightly) generates so many "blame the passenger" responses. How could you expect a one page printable record of your flight information! Just because other carriers provide it? This is British Airways, not some other carrier! Why would anyone want such a thing? That's a totally unreasonable request!
Originally Posted by KARFA
[cough] leg pull [cough]
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by furryman
This is something that EZ do very well. And when I want a payment receipt for expenses, it comes by email as a one-page pdf within two minutes. Something to learn from the low-cost carriers?
Agreed ^
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I can't remember whether it was EI or AA, but I think the former ... when I went to print my BPs, I was asked if i wanted them Ad-free

As a user of paper BPs, I find the BA output seriously irritating. The same with e-tickets, as others have noted - too much irrelevant garbage filling several pages, instead of the essentials on one page.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As long as I have a note of the PNR I don't bother printing pages and pages of stuff I don't need. And I just get the airline to print my boarding pass for me. I do appreciate some airlines actually charge you extra for carrying out such a service.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I see the comedy course is paying off

Originally Posted by T8191
I can't remember whether it was EI or AA, but I think the former ... when I went to print my BPs, I was asked if i wanted them Ad-free
AA do this. If I do want to print a boarding pass I choose the option to waste as little of my precious toner as possible. Is there really any point printing info like the weather and things to do?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oddly enough, it was posts like this that gave me the impression this was another case of FlyerTalk posters calling a service complaint a whinge to devalue it and to root for their "team".
"If you want to save paper how come you are printing bps? Surely mobile bps would be better?"
Because every BA customer SHOULD have a smartphone, right?
Why should BA be asked to do what almost every other airline offers, when you, the customer, can just make do?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
This is incorrect, you are not charged for receiving SMS messages regardless of whether you're roaming
Just for info, my belgian provider charges also for received sms when out of europe. Maybe some other provider does the same...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.