Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Nuster

although I would prefer a window direct aisle access, side cupboard BA J seat to a regular SQ J seat. SQ soft product is streets ahead if BA although the seat does not recline far enough before you need to get out and turn it into a be - in seat mode there is not enough room to put your legs and in bed mode the sideways position into the box dies not do it for me. That said it is better than 97% of BA J seats and its bulkhead seats are equal to the prized few BA J sears - although row 96 can be extremely cold. Let's not even go there with F....
All I can say is that I don’t agree at all. The sense of personal space on SQ is miles ahead, I find CW very claustrophobic, particularly because of the restricted width and high partitions. Yes, please let’s go there with BA F! I felt I had more space on SQ J, service far more on the ball, food more carefully presented. The flipping over of the bed doesn’t bother me at all since I sleep on my front and have to make a deliberate movement to sleep anyway.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

Dread to think what would happen if they copied Emirates, eh?!
They have. 10 across in whY.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by londonbus
They have. 10 across in whY.
Sorry I’m referring to Business/Club World, hence the name of the thread.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

Sorry I’m referring to Business/Club World, hence the name of the thread.

I know. The issue that Emirates is seen as "the model " for lots of airlines. It isn't all comfort...

(And its expensive too. EK is pricey ex RUH)
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Head of Aircraft Interiors

Well I just came across this on my job hunting...quite interesting, was this a position already held or a new one I wonder?! This thread and the “middle table in CE” thread must have been overheard!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:57 pm
soy

Programs: various
I reckon it will be the IB seat based on their talk of standardizing across IAG
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Originally Posted by soy
I reckon it will be the IB seat based on their talk of standardizing across IAG
I quite like the IB seat. Cabin feels much less dense.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
New J product for BA? I see rumours but no facts.

I have heard rumours that BA is rolling out a new J product in the nearish future. Does anyone have any more info on what or when this might be?
I would personally love to see a Japan Airlines style 2-2-2 apex suite CW. Giving privacy for all, no leg climbing, more storage, bigger TV and a much wider personal space. I really like it. and you don't have the reduced foot space of the herringbone to contend with. Definitely my favourite J product. Would be lovely in tasteful BA styling.

Anyone know if anything is fact yet?
One thing is for sure. 2-4-2 simply has to go. I'd love to start flying CW in BA if the product was updated. Exciting times.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:52 am
Suspended

Yes no facts. Rumours have already been heavily discussed in these threads.
Facts may arise before the first A350 flights go on sale.
cupsandsaucers likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
It's one of the most closely guarded secrets at BA, with only a handful of people able to get access to 'Area 51' behind those wooden hoardings.

In the meantime, we can all hope it's going to be ground breaking.

One day soon, we'll see what we're actually getting.
cupsandsaucers likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
I have heard rumours that BA is rolling out a new J product in the nearish future.
So have we all. If you stick around and keep reading, you'll see more rumours at the same time as everyone else ... and then, one day, the facts.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
I hope BA knock it out the park. They have done it before, and certainly have the funds to do it.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
I’m sure someone will be able to post the link for this but I’ve defintiely seen the ‘rumored’ new seat design on here.

I think BA will almost certainly eliminate the ‘stepping over’ others current issue but I wouldn’t bank on less seats.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
I’m sure someone will be able to post the link for this but I’ve defintiely seen the ‘rumored’ new seat design on here.

I think BA will almost certainly eliminate the ‘stepping over’ others current issue but I wouldn’t bank on less seats.
We've seen a significant number of patent and visual proposals.

But we also saw Cruz say that everything that was planned wasn't innovative enough.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Lengthy piece here from ausbt which appeared in January, and which many FT-ers have no doubt seen

https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.