Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feeling p1ssed at KUL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I am currently getting p!issed at KUL, but in a good way.

Cabin was half empty when I checked this morning. Will check if it has suddenly filled up....
Old Jun 19, 2016, 9:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by henkybaby
I am currently getting p!issed at KUL, but in a good way.

Cabin was half empty when I checked this morning. Will check if it has suddenly filled up....
Why do people say p!issed rather than pissed?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paul4040
It isn't, as most of the flexible tickets aren't tied to a specific train. The ticket entitles you to a journey and not a seat (you can debate the merits of that one for ever...!). The journey can be undertaken without a seat.
First class ticket holders are guaranteed a seat. You are entitled to the delta back to standard if you didn't get a seat.

Last edited by Calchas; Jun 19, 2016 at 10:58 am
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Calchas
First class ticket holders are guaranteed a seat. You are entitled to the delta back to standard if you didn't get a seat.
No they aren't. They're only entitled to the difference if no First Class *accommodation* is provided on the train. (If it is declassified or replaced by a train with no First Class carriages.)

This is clearly stated in the NRCoC. The wording is deliberately chosen in Condition 38.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I thought we were discussing overbooking/overselling by AIRLINES!!!!
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I thought we were discussing overbooking/overselling by AIRLINES!!!!
The site has been rebranded as TrainTalk. Didn't you get the memo?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
The site has been rebranded as TrainTalk. Didn't you get the memo?
Shouldn't that be RiderTalk?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted

Last edited by Calchas; Jun 19, 2016 at 1:27 pm Reason: Must stop talking about trains
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2A was once again unserviceable due to a broken foot rest. Wanted to put me in 2E but I got 1A in the end, which was also unserviceable because the reading light and the top light were broken. Preferred that to a middle seat though. Seems the new suites - although superior to everything else on BA - are not very well put together. Might want to take that into account when you have a choice of aircraft on a certain route.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:57 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
So the saga continues

Mailed BA last week as hadnt heard anything for a while. Just got a reply and I continue to be disappointed by their actions. Latest mail states:

"In your email you've advised that you're waiting for taxes and Avios to be refunded. Unfortunately, no taxes will be returned to you. Under EC Regulation 261/2004 the refund only applies to the fare of the booking and not the taxes. This was always an issue that was open for debate, until the European Court of Justice reached a decision in the Mennens v Emirates court case."

I hadn't realised that was the case and I do feel like that might be trying it on!

"With regards to your refund, I received an email from our Refunds team to advise the refund of Avios has been issued. However, they haven't advised how much the refund was for or when it was completed. I've asked them to clarify this and I'll respond again as soon as I get a reply."

No help at all and checking my BAEC account no further Avios have been deposited.

And of course they have totally ignored how they will compensate me for the Amex 2 for 1.

Do I have any choice apart from taking the legal route?

Any lawyers going to be at The Do tomorrow?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:07 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Mailed BA last week as hadnt heard anything for a while. Just got a reply and I continue to be disappointed by their actions. Latest mail states:

"In your email you've advised that you're waiting for taxes and Avios to be refunded. Unfortunately, no taxes will be returned to you. Under EC Regulation 261/2004 the refund only applies to the fare of the booking and not the taxes. This was always an issue that was open for debate, until the European Court of Justice reached a decision in the Mennens v Emirates court case."

I hadn't realised that was the case and I do feel like that might be trying it on!

"With regards to your refund, I received an email from our Refunds team to advise the refund of Avios has been issued. However, they haven't advised how much the refund was for or when it was completed. I've asked them to clarify this and I'll respond again as soon as I get a reply."

No help at all and checking my BAEC account no further Avios have been deposited.

And of course they have totally ignored how they will compensate me for the Amex 2 for 1.

Do I have any choice apart from taking the legal route?

Any lawyers going to be at The Do tomorrow?
http://www.iftta.org/news/cjeu-clari...ing-air-travel

"In a recently published judgement, the European Court of Justice has clarfied the rules applying to downgrading of air passagners according to Reg. (EC) No 261/2004. The court held that where a passenger is downgraded on a flight, the price to be taken into account in determining the reimbursement for the passenger affected is the price of the flight on which he was downgraded unless that price is not indicated on the ticket entitling him to transport on that flight, in which case it must be based on the part of the price of the ticket corresponding to the quotient resulting from the distance of that flight and the total distance which the passenger is entitled to travel.

The reimbursement solely relates to the price of the flight itself, thus excluding taxes and charges indicated on the ticket, as long as neither the requirement to pay those taxes and charges nor their amount depends on the class for which that ticket has been purchased."
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Try to get the BA KUL Station Manager fired!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:25 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Thanks for that but if my claim was started before 22nd June should I be compensated by the rules in place at the time of my claim? The only reason I haven't had the taxes refunded is because BA have taken over a month to deal with my complaint - probably because they were waiting for this ruling.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Thanks for that but if my claim was started before 22nd June should I be compensated by the rules in place at the time of my claim? The only reason I haven't had the taxes refunded is because BA have taken over a month to deal with my complaint - probably because they were waiting for this ruling.
Those were the rules in place at the time. They were just interpreted differently... If anything, people who have received 75% of the taxes back, should reimburse BA.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:36 pm

So, if I understand that correctly - no refund on taxes if downgraded from F to J for example, as they're the same for both classes. But if downgraded from J to Y, where taxes are lower, then that would be grounds for a refund of the difference?

If so, then it seems logical enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.