Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR etiquette question

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
By the time you've navigated semi-recumbent corpses, and random baggage-scattering, where does one sit without causing a fuss?
Old May 15, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA LTG, Defender of the turnip.
I don't think it's any less acceptable than the immaculately dressed type who takes over an entire sofa by plonking themselves in the middle of it and then spreads personal items around themselves just to make sure no one invades "their" space.
Old May 15, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by T8191
By the time you've navigated semi-recumbent corpses, and random baggage-scattering, where does one sit without causing a fuss?
Originally Posted by TheBaps
I don't think it's any less acceptable than the immaculately dressed type who takes over an entire sofa by plonking themselves in the middle of it and then spreads personal items around themselves just to make sure no one invades "their" space.
Agree - the examples of selfishness in the lounges are sometimes breath taking.
Old May 15, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus
I would rather save my sleep for the flight - socks on mind
Old May 15, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
This forum seems to have a strong aversion to naked feet anywhere, so I can't see many sympathisers emerging....
Hilarious..... not that I want to expose my feet but you are right, there does seem to be a strong thread of Podophobia on this forum.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Same journey.. Different venue..different couple

Bare feet on the plane.. Fine.. But to walk into those toilets bear foot too???
Old May 15, 2016, 11:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
What's even worse than all that we've discussed here is getting drunk and loud and being a general PITA.
Old May 16, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
The Tobias-UK Thrones.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by bermyandy

A veritable health hazard, to be sure, alas asking for the slippers seems to evade most pax in F. I personally bring a pair of airline or hotel slippers with me at all times for LH flights, esp. when I know I will be in a cabin that won't supply them.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bermyandy

Loads of Asian girls walking into the Y toilets in their socks during a LHR-HKG flight back in Feb.

I always keep my shoes on although do take them off when trying to sleep in bed mode. Socks never come off as after a day of walking around, I've no idea how fragrant they might be.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: DL Gold, CO Silver
This thread reminds me of an employee at the Connaught commenting that a mutual customer (a well known film producer) was causing problems as his wife had the audacity to wander down to reception in bare feet. He claimed this chap had wanted to book for an extended stay whilst filming his next production and was told they had no availability based on this. Really wasn't sure if I should believe him or not - but her bare feet definitely offended their sensibilities. This was a few years ago so maybe they've loosened up since.
Old May 16, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I too personally think it is unacceptable in any public place not specifically designed for sleeping, CCR or not, and naked feet or not.
I thought I saw the police on one of these documentaries about airports moving someone on who was sleeping barefoot in the landside area. I don't actually think they were actually going to be flying anytime soon but had decided to bed down there for the night.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Wouldn't bother me, but then again my whole travel mantra is don't worry about what others are doing unless it affects you so I doubt I'll be in the majority.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
A veritable health hazard, to be sure, alas asking for the slippers seems to evade most pax in F. I personally bring a pair of airline or hotel slippers with me at all times for LH flights, esp. when I know I will be in a cabin that won't supply them.
I must say if I am sleeping in F or CW and need to use the lavatory, I will not don slippers, but walk there either bare foot or in socks.

I similarly never wear flip-flops poolside and have never had any foot infections in decades including daily swimming for the last ten years.

How walking to the F lavatory bare foot is a health hazard is absolutely beyond me and probably science. I suspect this is another example of the modern tendency to fail to correctly assess risks.

How exactly is this a risk to the person that does it or to others, particularly if they are fastidious in donning slippers before walking to the lavatory?
Old May 31, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FrancisA
I must say if I am sleeping in F or CW and need to use the lavatory, I will not don slippers, but walk there either bare foot or in socks.

I similarly never wear flip-flops poolside and have never had any foot infections in decades including daily swimming for the last ten years.

How walking to the F lavatory bare foot is a health hazard is absolutely beyond me and probably science. I suspect this is another example of the modern tendency to fail to correctly assess risks.

How exactly is this a risk to the person that does it or to others, particularly if they are fastidious in donning slippers before walking to the lavatory?
I will also walk to the F toilet bare foot. Its only when I return to my seat and lick the soles of my feet that it becomes a health hazard...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.