CCR etiquette question

Old May 15, 2016, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
CCR etiquette question

I am very very far from a frequenter of this lounge.

But out of interest, what are the collective thoughts on sleeping spread out on the sofas with ones shoes and socks off?
Old May 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Personally I think that it is unacceptable, I'm sure others will have different opinions.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:46 am

This forum seems to have a strong aversion to naked feet anywhere, so I can't see many sympathisers emerging.

That said, as someone who would happily live barefoot if I could, I would draw the line at putting my bare feet (or indeed anything) on the sofa. After all, who knows what sort of stuff is lurking there from people's bags and the like...
Old May 15, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Personally I think that it is unacceptable, I'm sure others will have different opinions.
I agree.

If you want to sleep, use one of the lounge chairs with foot stools on the terrace. And keep your socks on. No-one wants to see your feet.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I have never seen anyone do that in the CCR and while I do not have any intention to impose my moral principles on others, I do not think that this would be justifiable:

- There are cabanas which are available to prebook precisely for people who believe that they will need to rest;

- There are also plenty of seats with related footstalls which can be used to lay down with your feet up;

So frankly, to lay down on your sofa (something I happily do at home but not in public places) when there are several alternative settings explicitly aimed at enabling you to lay down in spaces organised for that purpose is simply unjustifiable in my view.

PS: Bare or socked feet is entirely irrelevant in my view.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by bermyandy
I am very very far from a frequenter of this lounge.

But out of interest, what are the collective thoughts on sleeping spread out on the sofas with ones shoes and socks off?
Aren't there cabanas in the CCR for sleeping?

I've seen this sort of behaviour in GC South and it's disgusting.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Best not be in here now then...!

For the avoidance of doubt... This is not me... I have my shoes firmly on and sat conventionally on a chair
Old May 15, 2016, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I guessed that it wasn't you, you are far too polite.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL
Agree wth the above - cabanas or the foot stools on the terrace for this one.
Old May 15, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Cabanas or foot stools should be first option. However I have been known to try to relax on a sofa in GF when all things with foot stalls seemed occupied.

I don't think bare feet are particularily nice in an airport lounge... A bit different in a hotel lounge in Hawaii or Thailand where flip-flops and bare feet are part of daily life.
Old May 15, 2016, 5:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Personally I think that it is unacceptable
I too personally think it is unacceptable in any public place not specifically designed for sleeping, CCR or not, and naked feet or not.
Old May 15, 2016, 5:36 am

It's very common and accepted practice in the CCR.
Old May 15, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Get a cabana. You can also fart in there and nobody will hear, they're soundproofed rooms.
Old May 15, 2016, 6:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I have never seen anyone do that in the CCR ...
I'm afraid I have, and even some of the 'celebrity' visitors have taken to this rather unpleasant, and quite selfish, habit. I have seen two people from one family take over two entire areas of the CCR, the area behind Quintessentially where bags were placed on all the single seats whilst the 'gentleman' member of the family slept barefooted on the sofa whilst the 'lady' of the family took up residence on the sofa behind the door agent. Given the amount a gas she was passing as she lay there it was obvious she'd eaten a lot of beans on her flight from the USA.

Very unpleasant.
Old May 15, 2016, 7:08 am

agree feet are for beaches not for lounges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.