Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR etiquette question

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I can't believe the hatred of flip-flopped / sandalled feet on this board! Leisure travelers on their well earned break spending their money / Avios / whatever on First are absolutely entitled to sit in the CCR / on board with their bare feet on show.
Old May 15, 2016, 7:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I can't believe the hatred of flip-flopped / sandalled feet on this board! Leisure travelers on their well earned break spending their money / Avios / whatever on First are absolutely entitled to sit in the CCR / on board with their bare feet on show.
Entitled? Is it a fundamental human right or something? Always seem to be lots of entitlements and very little responsibility & respect for fellow passengers sometimes.
Old May 15, 2016, 7:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Manners and etiquettes are not about an entitlement or whether they get away with it or do it all the time
Old May 15, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Entitled? Is it a fundamental human right or something? Always seem to be lots of entitlements and very little responsibility & respect for fellow passengers sometimes.
Hmmm I wear slip on shoes always not bare feet - but I slip them off on long haul quite quickly - sometimes wearing socks sometimes not. There are far more offensive passengers in terms of conduct / manners / behaviour that are worse than people's attire
Old May 15, 2016, 8:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I suspect it's more about having bare feet/shoes etc on the sofa while spreading out and hogging the place - i.e. the whole picture, rather than the flipflops/sandals.

I don't care about the flipflops although it's certainly not something I would be keen to see (purely because I find them unattractive footwear that are only suitable for beaches and poolsides), but someone snoring/farting spread out on the sofa that is not designed for sleeping on is not something I would really rather not see/smell - regardless of flip-flopped, bare-feet, socked, shoed etc Not exactly the most attractive sight by anyone's standard...

Hmmm I wear slip on shoes always not bare feet - but I slip them off on long haul quite quickly - sometimes wearing socks sometimes not. There are far more offensive passengers in terms of conduct / manners / behaviour that are worse than people's attire
I suspect flights are different - CW/F are designed for sleeping in, unlike a lounge.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; May 15, 2016 at 8:28 am
Old May 15, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by KARFA
I take responsibility and consideration for others very seriously, but I don't see anything wrong with people travelling in flip flops or sandals. I am not the clothing police.

I take very little notice of what my fellow passengers are wearing.

Now kids jumping on sofas is another thing altogether........
Old May 15, 2016, 8:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Never said it was wrong per se, just picking up on the language that one is somehow "entitled" to do as one pleases
Old May 15, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gw76
agree feet are for beaches not for lounges.
I am sorry, I need my feet at other places than just the beach.
Old May 15, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Ceremonial ejection from CCR - to Galleries Club.
Old May 15, 2016, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wouldn't be shocked to see such a thing in the CCR. It's only an airport lounge after all and some people might have a long connection. Many things are acceptable nowadays compared to when I was young.....some good some bad. We just have to go with the flow I suppose or become old grumps.
Old May 15, 2016, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Very unpleasant.
It certainly sounds so I guess I shouldn't really be surprised: it sometimes seems that travelling magnifies people's most selfish and impolite instincts.
Old May 15, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
This has nothing to do with barefoot. I couldn't care less if people walk in sandals, barefoot, in pink trainer, high heel shoes or moon boots. It is simply about privatising whole sofas for a single person and using them to lay down in a lounge which already has ample places specifically designed for laying down.
Old May 15, 2016, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by 710 77345
It's very common and accepted practice in the CCR.
Enough said, really
Old May 15, 2016, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
This has nothing to do with barefoot. I couldn't care less if people walk in sandals, barefoot, in pink trainer, high heel shoes or moon boots. It is simply about privatising whole sofas for a single person and using them to lay down in a lounge which already has ample places specifically designed for laying down.
To play devil's advocate for a minute, if you weren't fully acquainted with the CCR, arrived there and parked on one of the sofas, you probably wouldn't know there are other seats where you can put your feet up e.g. on the terrace, and you're also very unlikely to know that cabanas even exist. It might sometimes be ignorance rather than arrogance/sense of entitlement.

As to what people choose to wear, I agree with you entirely. À chacun son goût, as it were.
Old May 15, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I have seen people stretched out in the CCR on sofas.

I would be concerned if the lounge was busy and it caused difficulty for people to find somewhere to sit down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.