FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Gold Guest List beginner's guide (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1739436-gold-guest-list-beginners-guide.html)

highexpectations Jul 20, 2019 7:35 am

Quick Q re GGL redemption class booking.

Just booked a one way using Avios to lax using my GGL redemption in WT. Expertflyer was showing B1 when I called. So no issues and they booked up straight away, but on checking the selling class in the booking it is showing as X and therefore no Avios and Tier Points being earned. I was under the assumption that a GGL redemption booking you into a revenue earning tier bucket or is this not always the case?

Beaulieu Jul 20, 2019 10:03 am

It can book you into a revenue bucket but it will still be a redemption at the end of the day, with accordingly nothing earned from it. People may have however benefited from a bank error in your favour in the past...

highexpectations Jul 20, 2019 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Beaulieu (Post 31323970)
It can book you into a revenue bucket but it will still be a redemption at the end of the day, with accordingly nothing earned from it. People may have however benefited from a bank error in your favour in the past...

Ah ok so it isn’t guaranteed. It’s only my second that I’ve booked. I thought it would always book you into A, D, T or B Class, which are all revenue fare buckets and therefore earn you points and Avios. But clearly that isn’t always the case, as this time around I’m booked in X (which I didn’t even know existed).

Beaulieu Jul 20, 2019 11:40 am

Originally Posted by highexpectations (Post 31324218)
Ah ok so it isn’t guaranteed. It’s only my second that I’ve booked. I thought it would always book you into A, D, T or B Class, which are all revenue fare buckets and therefore earn you points and Avios. But clearly that isn’t always the case, as this time around I’m booked in X (which I didn’t even know existed).

Every time I've used a joker it's pulled out of the revenue availability as expected but the flight gets booked into the appropriate redemption bucket. And that includes on straight redemptions or cash bookings combined with joker + GUF. Although with the recent GUF changes I don't think the joker is as valuable as it once was for that.

ThatT1Feeling Jul 24, 2019 12:13 pm

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7156eeeed.jpeg
Quite unimpressed by the wording on my GGL renewal letter this year... not only was it signed off by “Your Executive Club Team” rather than by a person but it says that I’ve “held on to” my GGL membership.. doesn’t exactly sound inspirational 🤨😟

golfmad Jul 24, 2019 12:26 pm

I remember thinking the same. In fact, I thought I'd posted something similar about the "held on" sentence but I can't find it. Very poor/strange wording.

ThatT1Feeling Jul 25, 2019 1:05 am

And also, the whole thing about reminding me that Tier Points expire each year. Firstly I've been a member for 20-ish years. I do know this, and as a Gold for Life, it's a slightly different situation anyway.

I also was irritated by the whole "100 years" thing - a bit of self congratulation for BA but nothing extra for us, the customers, other than a few words of gratitude. No extensions of membership despite them losing my data twice in one year, no one-off GUF2 or anything, which would be minimum cost, maximum benefit etc.

I don't know who wrote this new format letter but it's definitely a backward step from the old Hillier-grams

ThatT1Feeling Jul 25, 2019 4:18 am

Originally Posted by AdBoy (Post 31163561)
My replacement CCR is embossed with the BA100 logo. Is that going across all membership cards do you think?

Yes I noticed this yesterday. The word GOLD isn't actually in gold any more and they've moved the GL crown in a way which doesn't really seem to be aligned properly. It looks a bit amateurish IMHO but maybe I am having a BA downer week this week !!

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e38c15654b.jpg

Markie Aug 7, 2019 11:08 am

Post in Facebook today, indicating that GGL are no longer allowed to book Cabanas at Heathrow unless travelling in First Class.

Vasco Pridat Aug 7, 2019 11:30 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 31338028)
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7156eeeed.jpeg
Quite unimpressed by the wording on my GGL renewal letter this year... not only was it signed off by “Your Executive Club Team” rather than by a person but it says that I’ve “held on to” my GGL membership.. doesn’t exactly sound inspirational 🤨😟

At least you guys get one..?
I just realized today that my ccr card expired in June and I haven't gotten any new cards. Lol
Neither ggl nor ccr..
Haha. I didn't get the first one without calling 3 times either

Lolbert Aug 7, 2019 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 31390263)
Post in Facebook today, indicating that GGL are no longer allowed to book Cabanas at Heathrow unless travelling in First Class.

as I recall I think this has always been the official policy

Markie Aug 7, 2019 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert (Post 31390419)

as I recall I think this has always been the official policy

I've managed to book several times as a GGL member, so perhaps I've been lucky.

Gastrocnemius Aug 7, 2019 11:57 am

I've got a joker question-

am I able to use onet o open up space for 5 other people on my F&F list, so that they can pay with avios and a 2for1 voucher? I would not be planning to travel on the booking (one of them is silver, there rest have no status...)

Thanks

KARFA Aug 7, 2019 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius (Post 31390482)
I've got a joker question-

am I able to use onet o open up space for 5 other people on my F&F list, so that they can pay with avios and a 2for1 voucher? I would not be planning to travel on the booking (one of them is silver, there rest have no status...)

Thanks

i tried using my joker with someone else’s 2-4-1 and they said no even though I would be travelling.

Gastrocnemius Aug 7, 2019 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31390715)

i tried using my joker with someone else’s 2-4-1 and they said no even though I would be travelling.

Thanks @KARFA- I did wonder if it would be a step too far!