FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Gold Guest List beginner's guide (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1739436-gold-guest-list-beginners-guide.html)

TabTraveller Jun 28, 2017 8:30 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy (Post 28492027)
Agree wholeheartedly. It's all about the extras that the status brings, not the recognition. I've never been greeted as a GGL since I qualified last year, except for twice at the lounges. My upgrade rate has skyrocketed, however, but I'm pretty sure that's more to do with the routes I fly and the days i fly them. Enjoy getting the most out of your family status and the Joker/GUF combos!

I find I generally get "recognition" from the SCCM when in F along the lines of "thank you for being one of most highly valued customers", etc. and also on maybe 20% of LGW flights, especially on leisure routes. Almost never on LHR, and never at all on LCY routes.

Wozza2404 Jun 28, 2017 8:38 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller (Post 28495758)
I find I generally get "recognition" from the SCCM when in F along the lines of "thank you for being one of most highly valued customers", etc. and also on maybe 20% of LGW flights, especially on leisure routes. Almost never on LHR, and never at all on LCY routes.

I had it at Gatters the other week on entry to the lounge.

*beep* Oh, you have a message. *squints at screen and reads aloud* Please welcome back as a valued Gold Guest List member... *looks up at me* Please consider yourself valued.

I laughed, but thinking about it those messages must be a nightmare for lounge staff. Ultimately there are two responses you're going to get from a pax after giving a message like that:
1) An uncomfortable smile, a "thanks" and then watching them scurry off into the lounge
2) Inflated chest, best 'pomp and ceremony' tone activated, and the pax proceeds to tell you just how important they really are

Either way, not ideal for the lounge agent.

BA038_Passenger Jul 3, 2017 6:58 am

Quick question:

Can I add my partner card nominations to my F&F list, make the nominations, confirm nominations have been made for Gold and Silver and then remove said nominations from my F&F list before the 48 hour limit is exceeded?

golfmad Jul 3, 2017 7:10 am

Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger (Post 28514277)
Quick question:

Can I add my partner card nominations to my F&F list, make the nominations, confirm nominations have been made for Gold and Silver and then remove said nominations from my F&F list before the 48 hour limit is exceeded?

I can't say how it would work in practice as I've not tried what you're suggesting but according to the terms and conditions it should not be possible:

19.1.2. Individuals nominated to the Family and Friends list must remain on the list for a minimum of six months.

BA6501 Jul 3, 2017 10:48 am

And the limit is 24 hours.

hsmall Jul 11, 2017 5:27 pm

Deleted

lorcancoyle Jul 14, 2017 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 28445214)
You should be able to cancel your reward booking without charge once you're GGL regardless of when it was made.

Given the circumstances, and the fact you should be GGL, maybe calling the GGL Line might be the best option here and just explain it to them? They generally have a lot more clout than general call centre staff.

I'm assuming it's a bug in the system, but I'm being quoted £0 refund on an avios booking I just looked at cancelling. It's in December so can leave it where it is, but it's not unique to that booking. They updated GGL terms on 9th June, so hoping this isn't an unflagged change...

dylanks Jul 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle (Post 28560592)
I'm assuming it's a bug in the system, but I'm being quoted £0 refund on an avios booking I just looked at cancelling. It's in December so can leave it where it is, but it's not unique to that booking. They updated GGL terms on 9th June, so hoping this isn't an unflagged change...

This sounds like a glitch, I'd suggest sending the GGL team an email.

nufnuf77 Jul 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by dylanks (Post 28560964)
This sounds like a glitch, I'd suggest sending the GGL team an email.

Maybe give them a call and cancel over the telephone.

dylanks Jul 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 28561624)
Maybe give them a call and cancel over the telephone.

Of course, but given the flight that was trying to be canceled isn't until December, I'd probably just use an email for it. Because if there is a glitch that will give them time to sort it and then reply, etc. Maybe I just see the phone as a last resort rather than the first choice though. :)

Wozza2404 Jul 17, 2017 4:56 am

Quite often when I call to cancel an RFS booking they say "It's trying to charge you a cancellation fee. I'll have to send it to be manually processed so allow an extra day for the refund."

Never had an issue. So I'd think (and hope) it's just a glitch.

chris1979 Jul 17, 2017 10:35 am

Have had this on a few bookings I needed to cancel. Called the GGL line who did it with full refund. I asked one of the agents if this was a known glitch on the website and her brilliant response was "BA.com is a glitch". :D:D:D

nufnuf77 Jul 17, 2017 11:54 am

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 28570934)
Have had this on a few bookings I needed to cancel. Called the GGL line who did it with full refund. I asked one of the agents if this was a known glitch on the website and her brilliant response was "BA.com is a glitch". :D:D:D

And that's why the BA is so excellent, the staff humour and britishness is just above and beyond and keeps bringing me back!

ermen Jul 21, 2017 9:52 pm

How does the GGL cancellation refund work?

If I book say for myself and others on the same booking and cancel, will the GGL fee waiver apply for the entire booking? Or is it linked to the GGL member?

What about booking for a single HHA member in a separate booking?

Edit: for Avios booking

Tobias-UK Jul 21, 2017 11:53 pm

What type of ticket are you cancelling ?