Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Attempted to do this last Saturday without success

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Regarding the 5 guests summer special, can anyone who has made use of this confirm whether this is limited to your own family members, or whether it's any 5 guests accompanying you? I'm flying with a colleague next week and she's bringing her whole family with her on the trip. It'd be nice to be able to give them all lounge access.
Pushed for time on a GVA-LHR-MAN connection with small children who can't use E-Gates and non-moving large non-E Gates passport queue in domestic transfer. So I separated the group into 2, Me + 2 GCH and 3 children go landslide back through new First into First lounge. Other 3 adults, 2 SCH holders go through domestic transfer. After arriving in Gold Lounge I go to front desk and ask if I can guest in other 3 PAX into First lounge and was told 'You can't today !!!!'. Enquired further and was told that 'there were too many children travelling today'. Duh ...Isn't that the point of this dispensation, frequent travellers who infrequently travel with family group ?

So, we all decamped to Galleries lounge (after being reminded of location ) and children enjoyed games room.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL
Is there a listing anywhere of any benefits (if any) that GGLfL brings?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Is there a listing anywhere of any benefits (if any) that GGLfL brings?
My understanding is as follows:

Lifetime Gold gives you the benefits of Gold for life.
Lifetime GGL gives you the benefits of GGL for life plus a CCR card for life.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Markie
Isn't this an invitation-only promo?
I was invited by the agent when I passed through the First lounge last week. They also had a sign displaying the benefit. Sounds like the sign must appear less frequently now, given wenzlydale's experience.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by wenzlydale
Pushed for time on a GVA-LHR-MAN connection with small children who can't use E-Gates and non-moving large non-E Gates passport queue in domestic transfer. So I separated the group into 2, Me + 2 GCH and 3 children go landslide back through new First into First lounge. Other 3 adults, 2 SCH holders go through domestic transfer. After arriving in Gold Lounge I go to front desk and ask if I can guest in other 3 PAX into First lounge and was told 'You can't today !!!!'. Enquired further and was told that 'there were too many children travelling today'. Duh ...Isn't that the point of this dispensation, frequent travellers who infrequently travel with family group ?

So, we all decamped to Galleries lounge (after being reminded of location ) and children enjoyed games room.
Were you all on one PNR and did you let the lounge agent know that you were GGL, specifically looking to avail the summer policy of 5 guests?

I ask because imagine how many times each day during the holidays they are asked by GCHs if they can have one or two more guests; so I'd imagine their default response assumes you're gold, not GGL.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Lounge agent was aware of my status and all travelling on same PNR

We were all on one PNR and I told the lounge agent that I was GGL. She was aware of the dispensation, but told me that 'it was not available today'.

I had thought about emailing GGL line asking for an explanation of this dispensation.

To my mind, if this is not a published benefit (albeit for a specific period of the year) and is subject to a daily yes/no decision based on perception of how many people may be travelling that day, then it's going to p*ss a lot of people off.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by wenzlydale
We were all on one PNR and I told the lounge agent that I was GGL. She was aware of the dispensation, but told me that 'it was not available today'.

I had thought about emailing GGL line asking for an explanation of this dispensation.

To my mind, if this is not a published benefit (albeit for a specific period of the year) and is subject to a daily yes/no decision based on perception of how many people may be travelling that day, then it's going to p*ss a lot of people off.
My understanding is that it's a benefit just for the summer holiday period, and that BA had emailed all GGLs about it. I didn't get an email, though.

If anyone has had that email I'd be interested in how it's worded...
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
On a similar note, how strict are BA with infant / child lounge access in general (and has this policy changed anything)? I understand that 2 year old doesn't count as a guest but immediately after 2 they do count despite the fact they haven't been able to earn tier points until this point. I assume there must be a few folks in a similar position to me here where you effectively lose CCR access once a child turns 2. Wife is a GCH but that doesn't help.

P.S. I appreciate this may be good news for many CCR holders but those booths were very handy!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Question on the joker.

I'm seeing a flight that has First (F3, A2) availability for a flight next year (SYD-SIN).

Say I wanted to use a joker on this - does it mean that only 2 seats will be made available?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ermen
Question on the joker.

I'm seeing a flight that has First (F3, A2) availability for a flight next year (SYD-SIN).

Say I wanted to use a joker on this - does it mean that only 2 seats will be made available?
If that, 2 is the maximum for that flight but but it also depends on whether anyone else has used their Joker on that flight. It is possible that a Joker cannot be used on that particular flight.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know the no cancel/change fee benefit apply to partner redemptions using avios too (made on ba.com)?

If so I am assuming that the benefit also applies to redemptions booked before making GGL so if I make a booking now for avios reward booking for Dec and hit 5K TP in Oct I could change or cancel that reward booking without any fees Nov, right?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Correct, there is no automated renewal of nominations. If you time it right, you may not need to do it every year anyway for each person, as a nominee gets their status for the remainder of their current membership year and all of their following year.
Just a quick question for the familiar GGLs here.

I'll have close to what I need for GGL by the end of my collection year and am pondering if it's worth pushing for it. A lot of it would depend on whether I can get one of my parents OWE status for close to two years - so does anyone know if the above still holds true?

So if I were to create a BAEC account for my mum (who doesn't currently have an account) right before I hit GGL and then nominate her after I get the nominations, she'd keep gold for close to two years? Additionally, would she need to have credited anything to BAEC or flown on BA flights?

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wuileng
Just a quick question for the familiar GGLs here.

I'll have close to what I need for GGL by the end of my collection year and am pondering if it's worth pushing for it. A lot of it would depend on whether I can get one of my parents OWE status for close to two years - so does anyone know if the above still holds true?

So if I were to create a BAEC account for my mum (who doesn't currently have an account) right before I hit GGL and then nominate her after I get the nominations, she'd keep gold for close to two years? Additionally, would she need to have credited anything to BAEC or flown on BA flights?

Thanks!
She would get gold for the remainder of her current membership year and another full membership year after. No eligible flights needed. This is all in the reference posts at the start of the thread I think.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KARFA
She would get gold for the remainder of her current membership year and another full membership year after. No eligible flights needed. This is all in the reference posts at the start of the thread I think.
Perfect, thanks! Just wanted to make sure nothing has changed since.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Is there a way to get the joker's expiry extended?

On my current flying pattern, I expect to hit the 5,000 TP for the first time on 1 Jan 2018. My TP year expiry is 8 Jan 2018.. so essentially I probably only have 1 week or so to "use it or lose it"? Which is a shame really...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.