Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Quick question folks, Can I ask you first for the wine list that will be on my flight?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA
Does anyone have the wine list for BA7 to Tokyo (HND)? And BA8 back from Tokyo?

Does anyone also know if sake is served on these flights, and if so by any chance what label?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by pacenotes
Quick question folks, Can I ask you first for the wine list that will be on my flight?
You can and they will send it to you with the notes of the wines.

Here is what should be on the north American flights for June.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
BA wine list.pdf (380.8 KB, 403 views)
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Just thinking about my return to Canada via BA106 and BA093 on July 1st. For the first time in a long time I am in CW instead of the VERY suitable WT+. YMMV

That said, are there any interesting reds, sparklings or champas to try at T5 or on these flights? Willing to try educated suggestions. @:-)

Between the 2 flights, I am stopping off landside, at Hounslow (near LHR) to pick up 2 Bromptons. I figure these are the bicycles to take when in need of easy exercise and transport once I am land side with my travelling companion. Much less expensive in England than in Canada or the MENA where I currently work. After trying them out on the British roads I may need a celebratory tipple or 3...
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by tmac100
Between the 2 flights, I am stopping off landside, at Hounslow (near LHR) to pick up 2 Bromptons. I figure these are the bicycles to take when in need of easy exercise and transport once I am land side with my travelling companion. Much less expensive in England than in Canada or the MENA where I currently work. After trying them out on the British roads I may need a celebratory tipple or 3...
This is very disappointing. I was hoping that you were about to tell us that (a) you'd discovered that they satisfy the size requirements for BA cabin baggage; and (b) you were therefore going to embark on an FT first, namely to cycle from T5A to T5C through the underground passageway.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
This is very disappointing. I was hoping that you were about to tell us that (a) you'd discovered that they satisfy the size requirements for BA cabin baggage; and (b) you were therefore going to embark on an FT first, namely to cycle from T5A to T5C through the underground passageway.
Don't give me ideas wrt (b)

As for (a) I had a custom built totally disassemblable (spelling??) bike built once that would fit into a carry-on box. Trouble was it took over an hour to take apart and a longer time to put together. Hence the Brommies
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I think Bomptons meet (a).

However, in the spirit of this thread, I think we need the answer to (c) how much champagne is it possible to consume and still be able to do (b).
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
I haven't seen an answer to tmac100's question about wines and bubbly yet. I'm flying CW soon, too, so I'd be very interested
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:01 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by pacenotes
You can and they will send it to you with the notes of the wines.

Here is what should be on the north American flights for June.
I like the on/off pronunciation guides! I actually learnes from it myself....sow-TERN. None of that sow-ter-nae then. Would they do mo-ett? Cause a good argy bargy in the cabin that one...
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Hartsa
I haven't seen an answer to tmac100's question about wines and bubbly yet. I'm flying CW soon, too, so I'd be very interested
Me too

By the way, I am totally against drinking and driving. I have seen too many folks get concussions after falling off a bicycle and wearing a helmet - including my ex wife... Walking while pushing a Brommie is a totally different issue.

Can you legally drink in public while walking - in the UK?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Back on topic (ahem).
The 2006 Haut Bages Liberal is going down very well in Galleries First right now.
Likewise, the 2006 St Emilion I had before worked well also. I'll miss this place during a 6 week hiatus.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Beaune du Château Premier Cru (white) in T5 GF today. ^

And objectively it shows £27.99 at Waitrose which would agree with my assessment. Yum.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:21 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Keeping the party going stimpy!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Originally Posted by stimpy

And objectively it shows £27.99 at Waitrose which would agree with my assessment. Yum.
Also had some of this in GF on Friday Morning. Thought it was very nice indeed!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
Originally Posted by stimpy

That's interesting, I sell the red Premier Cru in my shop for just £26 - think I'll try and make a bit more of a song and dance about being cheaper than the supermarket!

Thanks for the heads up ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.