Search

The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I was on the Ba268 from los Angeles on friday and the pre departure champagne in club
World was poor with a bitter aftertaste. I mentioned it to the crew who said they had changed it to the Henriot.

The Henriot in the terminal 5 galleries first did not taste as bad.

Regards.

Tbs
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Does us licensing not mean the champagne stays shut until in the air and it is some local stuff instead (not korbel, but you get my drift)... I could be wrong on this... I suppose similar to this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...round-iad.html
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by perthflyer
In GF currently and am enjoying the rather delightful 2013 Chocolate Block. Also there is the 2014 Hedonist Shiraz which I'll be on to next - about bloody time that there's Aussie red at GF when I'm passing through!! And one of my favourites at that!
I quite liked the Hedonist, it was there on couple of my visits over last 3 weeks.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
I'm not minding the Henriot too much. I had a nice session last week and it went down easy enough. After the Grand Annee was gone nothing compares...
Old Apr 24, 2016, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Just having another one in galleries first just now and it is not bad and nothing like the champagne on board . Maybe it was a bad batch.

Regards
tbs
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by haasha
I quite liked the Hedonist, it was there on couple of my visits over last 3 weeks.
It is good, as is the Cabernet from the same producer but they can be bought currently at the co-op for £9.99 which I think is a bargain but hardly a top-end wine for a first class lounge.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:15 am

GF
2011 Chateau La Branne, Medoc

Haven't seen that one before, nut much to write home about though.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:18 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Calchas
They've twice told me "no sparkling wine on this route" (with an expression that suggested I be an idiot for enquiring) so I stopped asking!

Sigh
You can see here

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...ining/wine.jsp

They should have it!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
They've twice told me "no sparkling wine on this route" (with an expression that suggested I be an idiot for enquiring) so I stopped asking!

Sigh
Just ask for 'champagne'....sigh....

That said, the Prosecco that I was served was quite decent. As a side note, mix the vodka with the ice cream sundae for a nice after-dinner cocktail.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Finally tried the henriot, pleasant...until the finish where it all goes wrong. The rose is a bit (actually a lot now i have had a full glass) better.

Last edited by jcm9000; Apr 30, 2016 at 3:15 am
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I tried the henriot rose this morning which was ok, nothing special but very drinkable at least. Not tried the white henriot yet but sounds like I should avoid anyway.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by badoc
It is good, as is the Cabernet from the same producer but they can be bought currently at the co-op for £9.99 which I think is a bargain but hardly a top-end wine for a first class lounge.
Even BA's otherwise very bold marketing people call it 'First lounge' rather than 'First Class lounge'. Perhaps to prevent someone could expect actual First Class services there, or menus.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:17 pm

Sigh
Originally Posted by greg5
Just ask for 'champagne'....sigh....

That said, the Prosecco that I was served was quite decent. As a side note, mix the vodka with the ice cream sundae for a nice after-dinner cocktail.
Yeah, asking for 'Champagne' works if you want Prosecco on the Hawaii routes
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
I tried the henriot rose this morning which was ok, nothing special but very drinkable at least. Not tried the white henriot yet but sounds like I should avoid anyway.
I would give it a try, you might like it. It's certainly not bad (though not great either, me thinks).
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Does us licensing not mean the champagne stays shut until in the air and it is some local stuff instead (not korbel, but you get my drift)... I could be wrong on this... I suppose similar to this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...round-iad.html
To put a fine point on it, it's when you leave the gate that they can break out the good stuff. Not necessarily when you are in the air. On normal flights of course it doesn't happen until you are in the air. However if your plane pulls away from the gate and has to sit out on the tarmac for some technical reason, at that point the crew can pull out the LPGS. I once finished a bottle of it before we actually left the ground due to a lengthy ground delay. That was at LHR as I recall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.