Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by EDI_Martin
It's not a sale as such it's really just a cheap ex EU price.
Ok cool! It's just funny that in some cases, business is cheaper or the same price as economy plus or even economy!
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Naboo79
Great deals on BA in business class right now. As others have said you can get a return between CPH and NYC for around £900. Anyone know how long this sale will last? (I assume it's a sale.. the usual price is twice as high)
It's an advanced promotion fare rather than a sale. It has been going on for a while now, and does not have a "book by" date. It may be withdrawn at any time or may continue for months. On the basis it has been going for many months I don't think there is any rush to book. There is also a similar advanced purchase fare from DUB running. To the U.S. East Coast it is a bit more expensive than COH, but to the west coast or HNL DUB may be cheaper.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Ok cool! It's just funny that in some cases, business is cheaper or the same price as economy plus or even economy!
No it isn't. It might be cheaper to go from CPH to JFK via LHR cheaper in Club than direct in economy, but it is not cheaper to go Club than Economy from CPH.

Your time and effort, plus additional hotel costs and positioning flights factor in when comparing with direct.

Most people will go direct and pay for the convenience.

Some of us like to travel, like to fly, like to see airports, want more TPs and time in lounges and occasional nights out in foreign cities.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by Smid
Some of us like to travel, like to fly, like to see airports, want more TPs and time in lounges and occasional nights out in foreign cities.
Couldn't agree more
Old Oct 23, 2015, 2:10 pm

No it isn't. It might be cheaper to go from CPH to JFK via LHR cheaper in Club than direct in economy, but it is not cheaper to go Club than Economy from CPH.

Your time and effort, plus additional hotel costs and positioning flights factor in when comparing with direct.

AA or BA has no direct flights between CPH and the US.

I'm talking about the fact that I've seen fares where economy plus is twice the price of business on a CPH to JFK flight via LHR.

Anyway, good to know that I probably don't have to rush to get these good deals on business class fares.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 2:18 pm

Just found this fare in the BA app: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qsb21z&s=8#.ViqV7lUV7CQ
Old Oct 24, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Just found this fare in the BA app: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qsb...8#.ViqV7lUV7CQ
Ok, not unique, really. Some fare buckets fill up faster, so you'll sometimes see economy sold out and club still at discounted price.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 5:13 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
IMPORTANT INFO FOR FRA-SCL in F

Me again, and here to talk about my favourite FRA-SCL in F fare.

For all those who have booked, the DFW-SCL leg has changed from F to J. The reason for that, is an equipment change from a 777 (three-class) to a brand new 787 (two class).

AA are being quite accommodating at the moment in terms of re-routing and rebooking if requested. For me, I wanted the TPs opposed to comfort, but have ended up with the best of both worlds as I have re-routed with British Airways at no extra cost.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC - GOLD
ARN-AUH in J for €1.149,- r/t

Mix of AY and AB (long hauls)

Example dates: 1-6 March through Google Flights, bookable through Finnair.com
ARN-HEL-TXL-AUH r/t makes 440 TP's
Sometimes Google flights pushes the AY flights in AB economy, watch for that.

HenkyBaby also saw HEL-DXB direct for €895
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
The ex-CPH sale allow for some interesting routing.

You can do CPH-LHR-JFK-PHX-DFW-DEN-DFW-ORD-LHR-CPH with the US Domestic sectors in First where JFK-PHX will give you 210TP if I'm not mistaken. I think the total is around 700TP.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AAtticus
The ex-CPH sale allow for some interesting routing.

You can do CPH-LHR-JFK-PHX-DFW-DEN-DFW-ORD-LHR-CPH with the US Domestic sectors in First where JFK-PHX will give you 210TP if I'm not mistaken. I think the total is around 700TP.
Be careful with this one. The exCPH advanced purchase fare (it isn't a sale fare and is still running with no set end date) as with most I class exEU sales/advanced purchase fares allows 2 free transfers in each region.

The route you have listed from CPH-DEN has three transfers on the outbound and two on the inbound. On doing a quick quote for next summer using those connection points I get a fare of £1406 as it is essentially combining the exCPH fare with a separate AA GA07ZNI1 DFW to DEN fare.

By taking DFW out on the outbound so just do CPH-LHR-JFK-PHX-DEN-DFW-ORD-LHR-CPH the fare is now all under the exCPH fare at £1318.

You therefore have to hope there is a cheapish combinable AA one way fare to add in to the exCPH for the sake of an extra 60 TP if you want to add a third connection. Generally you are better off not trying to do this and sticking to 2 connections max in the US.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
IMPORTANT INFO FOR FRA-SCL in F

Me again, and here to talk about my favourite FRA-SCL in F fare.

For all those who have booked, the DFW-SCL leg has changed from F to J. The reason for that, is an equipment change from a 777 (three-class) to a brand new 787 (two class).

AA are being quite accommodating at the moment in terms of re-routing and rebooking if requested. For me, I wanted the TPs opposed to comfort, but have ended up with the best of both worlds as I have re-routed with British Airways at no extra cost.
Hi msm2000uk - I booked this in F for next April and haven't had notification of any changes. Would be disappointed to lose some TPs but not the old lower quality F experience - would be grateful if you could advise which alternate route and class you accepted with BA at the same price.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Ned1968
Hi msm2000uk - I booked this in F for next April and haven't had notification of any changes. Would be disappointed to lose some TPs but not the old lower quality F experience - would be grateful if you could advise which alternate route and class you accepted with BA at the same price.
Have responded to your PM opposed to putting on here.

M
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by KARFA
Be careful with this one. The exCPH advanced purchase fare (it isn't a sale fare and is still running with no set end date) as with most I class exEU sales/advanced purchase fares allows 2 free transfers in each region.

The route you have listed from CPH-DEN has three transfers on the outbound and two on the inbound. On doing a quick quote for next summer using those connection points I get a fare of £1406 as it is essentially combining the exCPH fare with a separate AA GA07ZNI1 DFW to DEN fare.

By taking DFW out on the outbound so just do CPH-LHR-JFK-PHX-DEN-DFW-ORD-LHR-CPH the fare is now all under the exCPH fare at £1318.

You therefore have to hope there is a cheapish combinable AA one way fare to add in to the exCPH for the sake of an extra 60 TP if you want to add a third connection. Generally you are better off not trying to do this and sticking to 2 connections max in the US.
Thanks for the insights KARFA.

A question based on this fare. Let's say I book a CW fare on a day and time where I see LHR-JFK reward availability in F. Can I, after the booking, immediately call BA and upgrade the LHR-JFK leg to F using Avios?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AAtticus
Thanks for the insights KARFA.

A question based on this fare. Let's say I book a CW fare on a day and time where I see LHR-JFK reward availability in F. Can I, after the booking, immediately call BA and upgrade the LHR-JFK leg to F using Avios?
Yes, why would you not be able to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.