Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Hi BA038_Passenger can you see the charge / pending charge is what you expected?
Not sure, my available balance has definitely been reduced by £450-500 but don't know exactly
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
Not sure, my available balance has definitely been reduced by £450-500 but don't know exactly
This has ticketed as well now. So, fill your boots!

Assuming you're crediting BAEC, the CAI-DOH will only credit 60 TP in A
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
I appear to have a confirmed booking for CAI-BKK for EGP9873 (according to the notes in myflights) for a weds-sun trip in January. All booked in A class, but the CAI-DOH is on the 77W that seats in business (2x2x2). The QR PNR came through straight away, and I've selected seats. No eticket number showing yet.

Now, how to get to CAI from LHR!
Same here. All booked in A class and able to select seats on the Qatar site.
Ticket number is showing on the Qatar site for me, in the passenger details box, next to seat selections.

Quite a result if it stays.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by PrimaVista
Same here. All booked in A class and able to select seats on the Qatar site.
Ticket number is showing on the Qatar site for me, in the passenger details box, next to seat selections.

Quite a result if it stays.
Yes, mine is all ticketed now. Like I said earlier, I think this will be fine based on previous experience.

I quite fancy the SYD one, but can't justify the time off
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Chatter over on the Premium Fares thread that edreams FX rate was wrong and bookings will not be honoured
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Chatter over on the Premium Fares thread that edreams FX rate was wrong and bookings will not be honoured
I have just booked, selected my F seats and waiting for e-ticket confirmation from QR. Flying to bangkok twice within 7 days, 8 F segments!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
This has ticketed as well now. So, fill your boots!
Fill your boots indeed. An elegant sentiment: though I hope greed hasn't prevented due diligence of the costs,faff and potential for upset of the Cairo connection....

Avios to Cairo then a one way home via Doha seems the best bet - though beware back-to-back on QR at CAI.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
If you have online banking go and check your "pending charges", this should be what it will be charged, although there are no guarantees I believe, as QR my update the final charge? Or call your credit card bank and ask what is the incoming charge. The final charge may take a few days to post though, especially with the weekend.
Called amex and there was a pending charge for £3,200 (two people F to BKK), almost double the price I was expecting. Had same booking on hold and called QR to cancel first booking but no luck (they obviously knew second hadn't gone through). Took the risk to pay for second ticket in hope of them cancelling first one. Amex told me (I'm sceptical) that if bought today they would use 20.4 EGP/GBP.

I'm an idiot for not thinking this through first...
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Sorry, I have reversed my position - too much of the devil in Qatar & QR so I'm out
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
... beware back-to-back on QR at CAI.
Why do you say that, is it particularly problematic?

I'm considering doing B2B at CAI (to do BKK and CDG in the same long weekend) so would be useful to hear anyone's experiences on this. Looks to be the same aircraft operating with a 2hr35 stopover...
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
with the possibility of premium seats ex CAI on QR I looked at CAI-EZE as I need to be there for work anyway https://goo.gl/flights/1hUs
prices up on google flights and ITA Matrix but won't price up on qatar site or via bookwithmatrix
Shame as thats a great price for business and First (£1136)
So I get the feeling that QR are wise to this and are maybe blocking ex CAI routes.
If anyone else knows of a way to price this or get it to ticket would be great!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Infocustv
with the possibility of premium seats ex CAI on QR I looked at CAI-EZE as I need to be there for work anyway https://goo.gl/flights/1hUs
prices up on google flights and ITA Matrix but won't price up on qatar site or via bookwithmatrix
Shame as thats a great price for business and First (£1136)
So I get the feeling that QR are wise to this and are maybe blocking ex CAI routes.
If anyone else knows of a way to price this or get it to ticket would be great!
Seems if you use Kayak and leave it to run the full course it will pick up your flights bookable on Travelpack

https://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/CAI-...02-19/business
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Have issued several QR tickets now (as in, ticketed, not just pending)

Dunno - I issued about 10 so far, combinations of first and business longhaul and ultralonghauls. SYD, LAX, HKT, HND, and AKL. Went back in today and saw the SYD F (booked in A) fares had dropped US$200 each so I voided my old ones and reissued at the lower rate.

Issued directly in Worldspan so the worst they can do is cancel/void them out once they see what's going on and make a decision.

I'm holding off on my positioning flights to CAI for several days just in case.

(Incidentally, I sure wish it was easier to get to than it appears to be! And, why no back-to-backs at CAI?)
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Seems if you use Kayak and leave it to run the full course it will pick up your flights bookable on Travelpack

https://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/CAI-...02-19/business
followed your link and as soon as go to check out at Travelpack they're no longer available at these prices (no alternative given) which does make me think that maybe QR are blocking ex-CAI.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
Dunno - I issued about 10 so far, combinations of first and business longhaul and ultralonghauls. SYD, LAX, HKT, HND, and AKL. Went back in today and saw the SYD F (booked in A) fares had dropped US$200 each so I voided my old ones and reissued at the lower rate.

Issued directly in Worldspan so the worst they can do is cancel/void them out once they see what's going on and make a decision.

I'm holding off on my positioning flights to CAI for several days just in case.

(Incidentally, I sure wish it was easier to get to than it appears to be! And, why no back-to-backs at CAI?)
How did you void the old ones, where did you book them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.