Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Tobias-UK also reported getting the flight with chicken sliders on transcons which sounds pathetic indeed. For the rest, however, based on my own experience which thankfully avoided that particular menu, I can't agree that the food is pretty awful. I typically find it quite good and like the AA transcon breakfasts much better than the BA ones (even the slightly more generous band 4 ones).

I should also add that the new menus for September look like some of the best to date and correspond to AA introducing their new menus on transcons and international flights (having done so on Hawaii flights already and waiting for them to come on domestics which should be in the Autumn), so from that point of view, I'd say that until those new menus come to domestic, the differential will be even bigger between premium transcons and regular domestics food wise.
They were both very well prepared, presented and very tasty if you like that kind of food. I personally prefer club Europe meals (except for afternoon tea and cooked breakfast hours) but highly rate all AA catering over BA club world. I don't even bother to eat on them anymore
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:48 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
830 TPs can be had for £2,400 in AA F out of LHR to GRU (one leg J on the brand new 787-9).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-800eur-f.html

M
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Tobias-UK also reported getting the flight with chicken sliders on transcons which sounds pathetic indeed. For the rest, however, based on my own experience which thankfully avoided that particular menu, I can't agree that the food is pretty awful. I typically find it quite good and like the AA transcon breakfasts much better than the BA ones (even the slightly more generous band 4 ones).

I should also add that the new menus for September look like some of the best to date and correspond to AA introducing their new menus on transcons and international flights (having done so on Hawaii flights already and waiting for them to come on domestics which should be in the Autumn), so from that point of view, I'd say that until those new menus come to domestic, the differential will be even bigger between premium transcons and regular domestics food wise.
Did the 321T transcon last month in J and the food was very good. Also had First round trip LAX KOA and then AA777-300 J home from LAX. Food on all sectors pre ordered, delivered as requested and very tasty.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
830 TPs can be had for £2,400 in AA F out of LHR to GRU (one leg J on the brand new 787-9).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-800eur-f.html

M
77W F x 4 for 840 TPs also an option for a couple more £
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Calchas
Did I miss a major news story?

Will DUB-HNL no longer be priced as Ireland-USA?
I'm sure that some people would consider secession! But that's the labels that AA use in their menu pages for the domestic market: transcontinental, Hawaii, and domestic/Caribbean/Canada/Mexico.

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 8, 2016 at 10:41 am
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:25 am

Cpt in Feb

Hi all.

I've found some decent deals ex Portugal for CPT but it's not really practical to get there for the start of the trip (coming from JER). Is there anything else decent around for Feb?

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: BA GGL
Your best option right now is to leave from Frankfurt. You can fly from there to Cape Town, via London, for less than £1,400. The downside is that the fare expires tonight, so be quick!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
77W F x 4 for 840 TPs also an option for a couple more £
I presume routing through MIA on the outbound?

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Sep 8, 2016 at 3:54 pm
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Most German OW Airports - USA for as little as £937 return in J. You must book today (9th September).

Also works for Zurich as a departure point and open jaws, I priced ZRH - IAD / JFK - FRA in February for £937.

Blackout dates
PERMITTED 22NOV 16 THROUGH 29NOV 16 OR 10FEB 17 THROUGH
18FEB 17 OR 19FEB 17 THROUGH 31MAR 17 OR 01APR 17 THROUGH
15APR 17 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Credit to flyingsophie and the original thread in PFD forum is here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-080-euro.html
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Looks like there are some good US fares EX Switzerland.

BSL - New York - FRA - £899

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...c=b;a=ONEWORLD

Chicago looks cheap too...

EDIT: Beat me to it obduro!!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
ZRH - ORD all on BA £814 or £801 from BSL with a BA/AA mix

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...sc=b;q=flights
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:55 am

Good rates to SFO as well for anyone wanting west coast!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Good run to HNL just posted on BA Tier Point thread
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:19 am

I see ZRH - ORD next year for £774, via MAD, HEL, JFK for instance.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:31 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by danam
I see ZRH - ORD next year for £774, via MAD, HEL, JFK for instance.
That looks like the best deal I could see - book today, although there is the suggestion you have a little time if you book via AA but we will all see tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.