Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Lounge Guide: British Airways Lounge, Singapore

This guide gives information, reviews and photographs of the newly refurbished British Airways Lounge in Singapore, which opened on Tuesday 25 August 2015.

The lounge features the new British Airways Lounge concept, also available at EDI, GLA, BHD, AMS, IAD, BOS, DXB and CPT.

Opening hours: 15:00 hrs to until the last BA flight, typically 23:00 hrs.
Location: Terminal 1 airside (transit lounge). After the passport control, take the escalators on the left, when facing the Central Plaza, to Level 3. Escalators are by the Tumi store.

Lounge Access: Standard BA and oneworld rules apply, it can be used if flying on another oneworld flight.

Concorde Bar Access: BA First passengers only plus one guest. You get a 4 digit access code card when entering the lounge to operate the door. Concorde Room Cardholders do not have access unless travelling in First on BA.

Facilities: Showers (6), washrooms, food, drink (including alcohol), variety of seating, big screen TV, plenty of power (UK and USB ports), high bench seating, business area, wifi, printer, 2 PCs. No smoking facilities.

Alternative lounges: The Qantas Singapore Lounge is located next door to the British Airways Lounge, and is open for similar hours for all oneworld travellers. If travelling JAL you can use the SATS dnata lounge (as of July 27 2017). The dnata lounge is used by Finnair, nearer gate D30. Malaysia Airlines operate their own Golden Lounge in Terminal 2 and will accept other oneworld travellers, and dnata provide a lounge for Qatar Airways and Sri Lankan Airlines in Terminal 3.
Print Wikipost

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Agreed. Just boarded BA 12 after showering in QF and popping to BA for a drink/finish some work. Much prefer the QF lounge but thought I’d give BA a try.

It’s by no means the worst lounge around but QF definitely beats it.
Indeed, it's just a J lounge but it's actually better than any BA F lounge that I can think of, not least (precisely) the showers as well as the food. I only go to the BA lounge when I can access the CCR bar as it is more private and service more personalised. Incidentally, the QF bartender fixed me an excellent dry martini (Bombay after rinsing the glass with Noilly Prat).
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I use the SIN CCB to escape the loud mobile phone talkers at the QF lounge, which I find to be much more common than at the CCB (and it's cooler, and easier to work at. Yes, I'm sad to say that my priority is often doing productive work at lounges, and not much else).
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I agree that the primary benefit of the CCB in SIN is the peace and quiet for getting work done during the UK working day. I was told today that the CCR card only allows access in London and New York, which sounded like a statement quoted directly from an internal memo, and is of course absolutely accurate. Shame though as I've never seen capacity control to be remotely an issue and I'm not a big fan of either the QF or BA main lounges which are noisy and open.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:17 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sxc
@Tobias-UK just FYI this is the wording of oneworld.com

“Access to the Concorde Bar is restricted to those travelling in British Airways First Class and Concorde Card Holders only.”
So the Oneworld site has now removed references to Concorde card holders.
Cymro likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flying out of SIN in a few weeks in CW. Can anyone confirm the CCB access has been revoked from CCR Card holders not travelling in F?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Flying out of SIN in a few weeks in CW. Can anyone confirm the CCB access has been revoked from CCR Card holders not travelling in F?
Yes, confirmed sadly.
AnttiV likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Edited Wiki to update JAL lounge info as the agreement with the SATS lounge expired July 26 2017.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: SQ Solitaire, BA GGL/CCR, IHG RA, SPG P, HH D, Marriott P, Amex P
This is a recent change, in July I still could use it. Not sure BA doing the right thing here, but SIN may have too many CCR Cards out. If that is the case, BA should provide a proper lounge as 5k TP / pax means spending power.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Flying back from SIN tomorrow in Club.

What’s my my best option lounge wise?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Will100
Flying back from SIN tomorrow in Club.

What’s my my best option lounge wise?
Your only options are the BA Lounge or the QF Lounge (virtually) next door.
orbitmic and Will100 like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Your only options are the BA Lounge or the QF Lounge (virtually) next door.
Of which in my view the QF lounge is a lot more pleasant, airier, and with better food (and much, much better showers).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by orbitmic
the QF lounge is a lot more pleasant, airier, and with better food
In my view the QF lounge is a barn of a place (so, airier) and the food may only be better if it's done to order. I also think it's less pleasant, particularly now that it is usually very crowded due to QF's switch to 388's on some flights.

Oh, and try getting a single malt whisky (they have a very limited selection of spirits).

But, each to their own.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was in the SIN concorde bar on Tuesday it was a haven of peace and quiet compared to the very busy main BA and QF lounges
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
I tried the QF Lounge once and very much preferred the BA lounge but it's personal preference. I also don't like the Concorde Bar it feels to me a bit like being in a dingy underground bar but without the atmosphere. I've always been very happy in the main BA lounge and have never found it too busy, maybe it's just because I'm a creature of habit and I like sitting in my usual spot!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Grace B
In my view the QF lounge is a barn of a place (so, airier) and the food may only be better if it's done to order. I also think it's less pleasant, particularly now that it is usually very crowded due to QF's switch to 388's on some flights.

Oh, and try getting a single malt whisky (they have a very limited selection of spirits).

But, each to their own.
Every time I've been to the QF lounge, there have been two mains made to order in addition to buffet options (one fish and one meat) while the main part of the BA lounge does not do any. I don't usually like buffets but the QF one has a lot more things I fancy ("lighter", I suppose) than the BA one. If in F, I usually go for the CCR bar, not that it is particularly pleasant (I don't like blind rooms) but it is invariably quiet and peaceful, but if not flying F I'll admit that the main BA lounge doesn't do it for me.

You're certainly right, however, that the QF lounge has become a lot more crowded in the evenings in the past few months: it's worth remembering that the lounge was remodelled at the height of the QF-EK partnership when QF switched their main kangaroo transit point from SIN to DXB. Now that they have rerouted LHR-SYD flights to SIN and are using 388s again, this has resulted in much more crowding though they have also discontinued access to QF Club members and tend to send some non-F and non-Emerald pax to the SATS... and the BA lounge!

The great news is that with the change of strategy, QF are planning both to expand the J lounge and to open a F lounge in 2019 with a total 60% capacity increase and finally separate F lounge. https://www.finder.com.au/new-qantas...usiness-lounge I selfishly hope many people here will continue preferring the BA lounge then as I have no doubt which of the two will be more to my taste, and I have no doubt I'll personally be in the QF F lounge myself even on my BA F flights after it opens!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.