The main course pre-order choice thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 30, 19, 11:26 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: flyoff
Wiki Link
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago


Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 4, 19, 11:33 am
  #1906  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Posts: 839
BA115 London to New York F

19/07/19

Starters
  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartar, lime and yuzu crème fraiche
  • Vitello tonnato
  • Warm hoisin and teriyaki glazed aubergine
  • Sweet potato and coconut soup
  • Seasonal mixed leaf salad served with honey mustard dressing
Main
  • Seared fillet of Scottish beef, red wine jus, potato terrine
  • Grilled fillet of North Atlantic turbot, tomato confit, lemon butter
  • Roasted free range British spring chicken, with lemon and rosemary, potato puree, chicken jus
  • Handmade agnolotti, morels, pan fried asparagus, panna sauce
Desserts
  • Dark chocolate bar, fresh mango, mint
  • Baked brioche with apricot confiture, vanilla Anglaise
  • Ice cream Sundae
Cheese Plate
  • Black bomber, Baron bigod brie, Kidderton ash goats cheese, Yorkshire blue served with Red onion chutney, green and blue grapes
Gastrocnemius is offline  
Old Jul 4, 19, 11:34 am
  #1907  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Posts: 839
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius View Post
BA115 London to New York F

19/07/19

Starters
  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartar, lime and yuzu crème fraiche
  • Vitello tonnato
  • Warm hoisin and teriyaki glazed aubergine
  • Sweet potato and coconut soup
  • Seasonal mixed leaf salad served with honey mustard dressing
Main
  • Seared fillet of Scottish beef, red wine jus, potato terrine
  • Grilled fillet of North Atlantic turbot, tomato confit, lemon butter
  • Roasted free range British spring chicken, with lemon and rosemary, potato puree, chicken jus
  • Handmade agnolotti, morels, pan fried asparagus, panna sauce
Desserts
  • Dark chocolate bar, fresh mango, mint
  • Baked brioche with apricot confiture, vanilla Anglaise
  • Ice cream Sundae
Cheese Plate
  • Black bomber, Baron bigod brie, Kidderton ash goats cheese, Yorkshire blue served with Red onion chutney, green and blue grapes

Has anyone had the Turbot recently?
Gastrocnemius is offline  
Old Jul 4, 19, 11:36 am
  #1908  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: London
Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1
Posts: 3,086
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius View Post
BA115 London to New York F
  • Grilled fillet of North Atlantic turbot, tomato confit, lemon butter
That sounds great so long as the fish is not overcooked! Oh hang on, it's BA.....
Dicksbits likes this.
johnaalex is offline  
Old Jul 4, 19, 11:40 am
  #1909  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 1,061
Originally Posted by DeathSlam View Post
Thank you. My travel is a while off but I'll definitely give this a try.
northeastflyer is offline  
Old Jul 4, 19, 12:03 pm
  #1910  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: London
Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1
Posts: 3,086
Originally Posted by northeastflyer View Post
Thank you. My travel is a while off but I'll definitely give this a try.
They only get the menus on a monthly basis so best to wait until a week or so before your flilght.
johnaalex is offline  
Old Jul 4, 19, 12:17 pm
  #1911  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 1,061
Originally Posted by johnaalex View Post
They only get the menus on a monthly basis so best to wait until a week or so before your flilght.
Again. Thanks. Appreciated.
northeastflyer is offline  
Old Jul 5, 19, 12:47 am
  #1912  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 192
Hi everyone. Was curious if anyone happened to know if the 4pm-ish BA227 from LHR-ATL serves afternoon tea or a more substantial second meal? Thank you!
peter.r.erskine is offline  
Old Jul 5, 19, 2:09 am
  #1913  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Programs: Skywards, British Airways Executive Club
Posts: 25
I have flown this rout several times over recent years and it was the afternoon tea that was served!
Rookersa is offline  
Old Jul 5, 19, 7:42 am
  #1914  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by Rookersa View Post
I have flown this rout several times over recent years and it was the afternoon tea that was served!
Thank you!!
peter.r.erskine is offline  
Old Jul 12, 19, 9:05 am
  #1915  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 641
Hello please could anybody tell me what is likely to be served on a 9.45am departure from LHR in F for a nine hour flight heading East - hopefully lunch rather than breakfast? Thank you
CharlotteC is offline  
Old Jul 12, 19, 9:55 am
  #1916  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 14,890
Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post
Hello please could anybody tell me what is likely to be served on a 9.45am departure from LHR in F for a nine hour flight heading East - hopefully lunch rather than breakfast? Thank you


Yes, it will be a lunch service. What is the route?
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Jul 15, 19, 4:12 am
  #1917  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 583
BA283 from LHR to LAX in First on 14 August

Starters

  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartare with smoked mayonnaise, seeded cracker & quail egg
  • Creamy burrata, marinated heirloom tomatoes and basil pesto
  • Wild boar tortellini, Arrabbiata sauce
  • Cream of asparagus soup, summer truffle, poached Burford brown egg
  • Caeser salad served with Caeser dressing

Main

  • Seared fillet of aged Herefordshire beef, café de paris butter, red wine jus
  • Fillet of halibut, roasted cucumber, girolles & salad cream
  • Roasted breast of cornfed chicken, butternut squash puree, white wine and chicken jus
  • Summer vegetables and chick pea tagine, herb and apricot freekeh

Desserts

  • Milk Chocolate, almond and Amaretto tart, salted caramel
  • Blueberry and nectarine charlotte
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream with caramel sauce and raspberries

Cheese Plate

  • Belton Farm Red Fox, Fourme D'Ambert, Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher, Normany Camembert served with Quince

Last edited by Newly Wed; Jul 15, 19 at 5:34 am Reason: Travel class added
Newly Wed is offline  
Old Jul 15, 19, 5:01 am
  #1918  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 27,234
Hi everyone, as the person who launched the thread and volunteered to keep a very informal eye on it, just a gentle reminder to kindly include the class of travel (alongside route and month) in your menu as not everyone is as freakishly nerdy as some of us who are able to recognize it from the nature and number of starters etc!
ISTFlyer likes this.
orbitmic is offline  
Old Jul 15, 19, 9:05 am
  #1919  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 641
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Yes, it will be a lunch service. What is the route?
Thank you - London to Mumbai. And probably something a little later too?
CharlotteC is offline  
Old Jul 15, 19, 10:54 am
  #1920  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Posts: 1,052
Exactly the same menu as Newly Wed on 14 August in F to Boston. The starters look much more interesting than the mains. If possible may well go for 2 starters and no main.
Rubecula is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread