Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2023, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by DXB2745
Upgraded this morning from LGW>NCE from ET to CE. In flight manager came to my seat after boarding complete. Relatively quiet flight.
Out of curiosity, is this something they're told they can do at their discretion or are some just excellent at providing service?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by infrequentflytalker
Out of curiosity, is this something they're told they can do at their discretion or are some just excellent at providing service?
I really don’t know. I’ve had one long haul “at seat” upgrade in Sept and then this one in Nov. On a flight to HKG the other week, a guy was upgraded to WTP so that a family of three could have a middle row to themselves (the guy upgraded was by himself in the row and was asked if he’d like to move)

perhaps Can I help you can help us? Pardon the pun…

I would imagine that the IFM is empowered to make the decision themselves.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Munich to LHR last Saturday, myself and my good lady (both GCH) were asked if we'd like to move up to CE away from a ET cabin filled with a returning school trip.
Very much appreciated.
(By the way, the 'Lounge World' lounge in MUC was great)
Old Dec 19, 2023, 4:07 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Opposite of an upgrade on BA174 (JFK-LHR) last week, downgraded from CW to WTP, flight heavily oversold
Ended up on UA out of EWR instead
Genius1 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Mict
Opposite of an upgrade on BA174 (JFK-LHR) last week, downgraded from CW to WTP, flight heavily oversold
Ended up on UA out of EWR instead
Don't forget to claim original routing credit from BA, and double dip with UA!
YacozA and Mict like this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
WT+ to CW on today's BWI-LHR with Mrs CKBA. I was watching a couple of blocked seats in CW over the last few days... and hey presto, at OLCI those were our new seats :-)
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA1441 EDI-LHR today 10C to 1F -lovely jubbly even if it was an hour late !!

Last edited by Butts; Dec 22, 2023 at 6:09 am
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, SkyTeam Platinum, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
BA387 BRU-LHR Y to CE yesterday 21/12. Probably an unexpected bonus of the flight suddenly being rammed with Eurostar refugees.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Once again my mother got an upgrade from WTP to CW on BA107 yesterday. Second time this year - she's silver. I really must travel with her more...!
BA or bust likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by woobl
Once again my mother got an upgrade from WTP to CW on BA107 yesterday. Second time this year - she's silver. I really must travel with her more...!
For the first time and after 15 years as a member of BAEC (of which 6 or 7 as Gold) I was upgraded (WTP to CW) on a long haul flight 2 days ago…
And it was on BA107!
Old Dec 25, 2023, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
For the first time and after 15 years as a member of BAEC (of which 6 or 7 as Gold) I was upgraded (WTP to CW) on a long haul flight 2 days ago…
And it was on BA107!

WTP on some A380 routes is a very good place to be for an Op Up - esp with Silver or higher status.

Dubai is one of those routes, in my experience.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
And it was on BA107!

WTP on some A380 routes is a very good place to be for an Op Up - esp with Silver or higher status.

YVR used to be another good route. I was once sat in CW surrounded by people also from WTP. The CSD shared the intel: the whole cabin (65W) were upgraded to J. Never seen it before or since. As a data point, I booked with avios the day before into WTP - there were at least 9 avios seats for sale in WTP yet the whole cabin was occupied according to EF!
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Foofighter69

yes agrees regards DXB. Upgraded in Sept from Y to W both ways
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Y-CE today on the BA2545 AMS-LGW. Seat changed from 12C to 1A in the app about 6 hours before the flight. club went out 6/18 with all 6 upgraded from ET. don't like row 1 on the Gatwick a320 but the crew were lovely and we had a great laugh! lovely flight
Old Dec 28, 2023, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
The reason I ask is that I did not. In fact I have not had one on any airline ever despite many hundreds of flights over the last 51 years..

If you did get one this week please let me know where from/to, what class and how smug did you feel.. It won't make me feel any happier stuck down here in Y with the great unwashed but it would be nice to know someone gets one.

SunshineBob.
I joined BA Exec 13 years ago or so,and had ZERO upgrades. Not even to CE (which I would not count as an upgrade anyway,as it's just economy seat on a short flight) .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.