Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Last week the second time in my GGL career. Again lhr jfk. Paid wt+ and voucher to C.. Already when leaving Berlin at 6.40am I was in booked into 2f. 2e stayed empty and it was one of the best services and food including the lobster I had with ba. Getting picked up by a lady at JFK and walked to immigration.
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm an idiot - I'd GUF'd this booking. So my surprise at being in F when I checked in was completely unfounded...
Old Feb 21, 2024, 3:24 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
J to F tonight on JFK-LHR. Very grateful as I’m absolutely shattered, so the extra sleeping space and bedding is very welcome
I'm an idiot - I'd GUF'd this booking. So my surprise at being in F when I checked in was completely unfounded...
I hope you have a good night's sleep!
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
I hope you have a good night's sleep!
Me too! This has been a full on 10 days
Old Feb 21, 2024, 5:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
That's hilarious.
Andriyko and pmcbeagle like this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Checked in now at T-24 and got a free upgrade from WT to WTP on JFK-LHR. I'll check AUPs tomorrow as well.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:01 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Count yourself lucky there were no major consequences to that little slip. When I do stuff like that… SWMBO threatens to send me off to an old folks home.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:05 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
A senior or YDKWYA moment?
(You don't know who you are)
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by lgladdy
Good afternoon from HND.

Well, I absolutely won the lottery today… upgraded from J to F (1K no less) at gate.

Recently (December) gained silver for the first time.

To make it even more surprising, it’s a redemption flight.
Was this your first flight since turning silver? I've seen some anecdotal evidence on this forum that the first flight after turning silver tends to get upgraded.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by defiantflyer
Was this your first flight since turning silver? I've seen some anecdotal evidence on this forum that the first flight after turning silver tends to get upgraded.
Third I think... I became silver before a return leg from JFK in December. Then the outbound to HND, and the return was the upgrade.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 6:43 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
A very welcome J to F gate upgrade on tonight's BAH-LHR flight. Given this was already UUAd from WTP, and I'm now in 1A, it would be very churlish of me to complain about the lack of balsamic vinegar for my salad

The cherry on the cake would be if I somehow got F TPs, as with the holidays promotion, that would take me to gold, but I think there's 2 hopes of that.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 2:42 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by ratechaser
A very welcome J to F gate upgrade on tonight's BAH-LHR flight. Given this was already UUAd from WTP, and I'm now in 1A, it would be very churlish of me to complain about the lack of balsamic vinegar for my salad
The cherry on the cake would be if I somehow got F TPs, as with the holidays promotion, that would take me to gold, but I think there's 2 hopes of that.
Well, you just need to pray to the upgrade gods and burn some incense. It is a bit like Father Christmas, if you have been a good boy/girl you might just get a present.
ratechaser likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:07 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Well, you just need to pray to the upgrade gods and burn some incense. It is a bit like Father Christmas, if you have been a good boy/girl you might just get a present.
Im not expecting anything as the new seat was just scribbled on at the gate.

Mind you it did royally confuse my mobile BP, as it has my 1st seat assignment, a Club World designation, but it's also an underlying WTP cash fare. No wonder the BP has turned white (from silver) and blanked out my boarding group, too much for it to compute!
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:21 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by defiantflyer
I can also anecdote that. My only ever upgrade on BA was not long after I turned silver for the first time (but that was 'a few' years ago).
Old Mar 3, 2024, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Very happy to be upgraded from WT+ to Club on BA267 to PDX when I boarded at the gate last Friday the 23rd. Made the 9.5hrs quite a joy! First long haul upgrade since 2017 - sadly no upgrade on the return from SEA on Thursday.
jaro and defiantflyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.