Wiki Posts
Search

How do I get a receipt from BA??

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions.

I made a booking in Jan 2015 TLV-LHR-JFK-LHR-TLV using avios to upgrade from WT+ to CW. Flights were in early May 2015.

I never received the usual e-mail with the receipt from BA. I tried to get it from MMB - but it told me to contact BA.

I called GGL line a few weeks before the flight and asked for a receipt - they also couldn't manage it online - and told me that they had sent the request to the relevant department.

After the trip I still hadn't received it and called again - was told, first of all, that I can't get a receipt after I have flown!

Anyway, I have since spent hours on the phone and have had multiple e-mails (around 10 or so) with BA - they have sent me letters stating that they can't "reissue" a receipt (despite having never received the original) and stating the amount paid. Apart from the fact that I have received 4 letters ALL showing different amounts paid (over $1000 difference between them), I still haven't received a receipt so can't get paid back from accounts.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there any recourse here?

Thanks alot
Irubi
Old May 29, 2015, 3:47 am

Hi sorry to hear about the problems you've been having.

Before you have travelled the only way for an agent to generate a receipt is through the link in MMB under administration print/email e ticket receipt. If this isn't working then there is no longer a way for it to be manually requested.

*******However post travel you should be able to request it via this link:

www.britishairways.com/receipt
Old May 29, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Irubi
I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions.

I made a booking in Jan 2015 TLV-LHR-JFK-LHR-TLV using avios to upgrade from WT+ to CW. Flights were in early May 2015.

I never received the usual e-mail with the receipt from BA. I tried to get it from MMB - but it told me to contact BA.

I called GGL line a few weeks before the flight and asked for a receipt - they also couldn't manage it online - and told me that they had sent the request to the relevant department.

After the trip I still hadn't received it and called again - was told, first of all, that I can't get a receipt after I have flown!

Anyway, I have since spent hours on the phone and have had multiple e-mails (around 10 or so) with BA - they have sent me letters stating that they can't "reissue" a receipt (despite having never received the original) and stating the amount paid. Apart from the fact that I have received 4 letters ALL showing different amounts paid (over $1000 difference between them), I still haven't received a receipt so can't get paid back from accounts.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there any recourse here?

Thanks alot
Irubi
I've had major problem with getting a receipt from BA recently. When I first requested it (via the GGL line after traveling) they advised it could take up to 4 weeks. I left it with them for 4 weeks and then rang the GGL line again - they submitted the request again. I then waited another 2 weeks and rang the GGL line again. I was told that it had now been escalated via a priority email address and I should get a response within 48 hours.

I finally got an email back within 24 hours with a letter advising me that BA couldn't recreate the invoice in their back end systems, but all the details I needed were included in the letter, (which was fine for my needs).

So I get the impression that a number of BA's back end systems aren't really capable of meeting the expectations of either customers or the BA service teams. All I can advise is to keep hassling them, and eventually you will embarrass them in to action.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:05 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12F70 Safari/600.1.4)

You'd hope that HMRC might take an interest in something like this.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12F70 Safari/600.1.4)

You'd hope that HMRC might take an interest in something like this.
I am not based in the UK anymore, but was also wondering if it shouldn't be a legal requirement to provide a pax with a receipt?
Old May 29, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
I am not based in the UK anymore, but was also wondering if it shouldn't be a legal requirement to provide a pax with a receipt?
Flights in the UK are zero-rated for VAT purposes so there's no requirement for a company to issue a VAT invoice to private individuals.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
A word of warning on this. BA state that the receipt should be with you within 28 days. My personal experience was about 70 days, including follow ups through the twitter team and You First, all of whom seemed incapable to do anything. Don't expect anything to happen at anything more than glacial speed.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Like irubi and billinghamn , I am having the same problem. It's funny that we are all GGLs! I have been trying to get a receipt for a GVA-LHE-BKK;HKG-LHR-GVA ticket that I need to claim for. Like you I called the lovely people at GGL and they said it would be resend but I have never received it.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:58 am

Good luck with getting your receipt! Last April I was unwell on the day of my return from PHX and I couldn't fault the support given by the F lounge staff and duty manager. However, once we were home and completing our insurance claim we discovered the email with the receipt had been deleted and the insurers were demanding this before settling the claim. Despite being told we could get a copy this was never produced, after numerous phone calls to BA and many weeks I eventually persuaded the insurers to accept our boarding passes as proof of travel. The receipt never arrived. I now have a folder on my email where all BA receipts are stored, I want to print them out as well but my husband says that's taking my neurosis a step too far!
Old May 29, 2015, 8:44 am
Original Poster

I am amazed to see how widespread this issue is!

Just wanted to update that the problem was solved - not by GGL - but by the kindness of someone on the FT board (who, sadly, would prefer to remain nameless). Many many thanks to this person !!!!

And a real thumbs down to BA on this one as the last letter from GGL just basically stated - sorry, but the letter is as good as it gets, no receipt for you!
Old May 29, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm also currently waiting for a receipt and sent a request via the web form. 16 days and counting. This is the acknowledgement email which I received:

Thank you for your request for documentation from British Airways.

Please be assured that your email is important to us and we aim to send your document within the next 28 days, however at the moment we have an unprecedented number of requests and it might take a little longer. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Am I alone in thinking that 28 days as a *target* to generate a receipt (which is presumably at least a semi-automated process) is laughable? An odd definition of the word "important"... perhaps they just missed out "not"?

I didn't receive the original receipt via email, which I usually do. I've recently noticed inconsistent delivery of other comms from BA. As others have mentioned above, it seems likely that some email is going astray.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:38 am

I am amazed to see how widespread this issue is!

Just wanted to update that the problem was solved - not by GGL - but by the kindness of someone on the FT board (who, sadly, would prefer to remain nameless). Many many thanks to this person !!!!

And a real thumbs down to BA on this one as the last letter from GGL just basically stated - sorry, but the letter is as good as it gets, no receipt for you!
Just interested to know but what exactly did they do?
Old May 29, 2015, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It seems silly. Most carriers email the receipt as part of the e-ticket confirmation, have some means of reprinting from the website, can generate at a check-in kiosk, any agent with a terminal can generate one and can email/fax/mail one on a phone call.
Old May 29, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
Also worth noting that if you phone BA they claim it is 28 working days, because the 4 weeks to log on to the system isn't long enough....
Old May 29, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold

I had a similar experience with a flight taken in April/May. Multiple sectors upgraded but each receipt didn't reflect the changes made - request for a final receipt was finally knocked back due to "system limitations" and now no receipt at all. Customer services were slightly apologetic but otherwise seemed not fussed to help at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.