British Airways misses big time

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 10:35 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by defabrizio
Silver class in BA
What is Silver class?

Also... I hope it is the OP (and not his/her Company or client) who paid for the ticket... This would be a right punishment for not doing a 3 minute search before spending so much money...
Old May 23, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by TPJ
What is Silver class?
There is lots to object to in the OP's post, but no need to be deliberately obtuse on this little point. Pretty obvious what is meant.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: Meh
Sorry your first post is one written in frustration. But 3700 quid for a premium economy seat....this may be FT posters who know the minute details on how to get a great deal, but surely you could have shopped around and found a much better deal. Anyway PE is Y's big brother, and a distant cousin of J.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by ObscuredByClouds
This OP can only be one thing.

Successful troll is successful.
That's what I thought. Classic drive by.

A road warrior of 20 years standing wouldn't make such an elementary mistake.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:20 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
The silver lining of this thread is that at least we can feel some what justified in spending an insane amount of time researching prices, routes, planes, seat, etc to make sure we're getting the best deal or at least making an informed decision .

Hard lines OP, live and learn.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stevie
Sorry your first post is one written in frustration. But 3700 quid for a premium economy seat....this may be FT posters who know the minute details on how to get a great deal, but surely you could have shopped around and found a much better deal. Anyway PE is Y's big brother, and a distant cousin of J.
It is impossible to know what would have possibly have been the cost without knowing booking date, departure date and duration of stay

It could be that the person was going for 5 days to Canberra which would knock out a lot of the discount fares ( for WT+ only W class is available for a 5 day trip )
Old May 24, 2015, 4:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Imagine my surprise when the seats were not much bigger than economy, plastic dishes
I do go to North America often and have had Prem Econ before with BA.
You expect them to put bigger seats in as it was longer flight?

I fully expected a flight, double the length of a LHR > YYZ one, to have the same or better amenities than what I experienced on the Pacific.
Geography not your strong point?

Air Canada (I think it's the best world airline).
Old May 24, 2015, 4:16 am

Unfortunately I think for some people posts like this one are deliberate efforts to try and leverage more compensation out of an airline/hotel etc when claiming for it. Kind of like a child throwing their toys out of the bassinet and shouting 'if you don't give me what I want i'm going to say nasty things about you on FT' etc etc.

Quite sad really....

Also interesting that the OP has not returned to address any of the replies.

If you want to spend stupid money on Premium Economy to Australia do your research, choose Qantas (whom offer a more 'business minus' product than premium economy), be delighted with the product end of story.
Old May 24, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Bronze
You should have called the thread "defabrizio misses big time".....then you could have expanded on missing the bigger seat, pillow, food, plates, yadda yadda... yadda......

I haven't got much time so I will keep it short and sweet.....OH DEAR...

My top tip is try QR next time ex EU. Now there biz class is the best airline in the world for me to date...just done FRA - DOH - AUH on the A350 all I can say is ^^^^^^^^^^.
Old May 24, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Just a clarification - I've been a road warrior for almost 20 years. Before moving to the UK I was a top tier with Air Canada (I think it's the best world airline). I do go to North America often and have had Prem Econ before with BA. I fully expected a flight, double the length of a LHR > YYZ one, to have the same or better amenities than what I experienced on the Pacific. And yes, I did look to see what was included before I booked - in the UK the advertising laws are extremely strict. BA can be charged for not supplying what they claim to offer.
aww, bless your little heart!
Old May 24, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by bananahead
Also interesting that the OP has not returned to address any of the replies.
Actually, the OP did. In order to confirm that yes, they already knew what WT+ included before buying it for the Australia trip, because they've actually flown WT+ before:-
I do go to North America often and have had Prem Econ before with BA.
Even by FT standards, it's quite breathtaking to complain in such vehement terms about a product which was purchased when the OP already knew from experience what they were going to get.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I haven't used AC much , but my one experience of it in business class on its high density configuration was very pleasant with an alternating 2-2-2 with 1-2-1 layout..
No doubt - but no E+ and in coach AC was THE early adopter of the terrible 3-4-3 777 schemes together with EK.

I cannot forgive them this incursion on passenger health.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; DL Diamond
Small tip on complaining. Don't threaten legal action unless you really mean it, and only after taking independent legal advice. I run part of a business (a well known online retailer) with hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. If an unhappy customer mentions legal action the complaint will be immediately routed to an in-house lawyer who will be far more likely to follow strictly internal policies and will know the case law backwards. In general being reasonable, polite, concise and being clear about what you actually want as redress will get you a better outcome. Supervisors in customer services will likely have some discretion and flexibility. Lawyers aren't really known for this.
Old May 25, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver. Back of the plane on everyone else.
Interesting debate.

I've complained to BA about WTP in the past, as the 777 flights from Gatwick are not clearly marked as having the old seats with Empower outlets, the old IFE system, etc. Given that BA knows all Gatwick flights are the old seats, I felt they should make it clear - especially ahead of a ten hour flight!

They were friendly, provided an apologies and some miles, and I've learned a lesson. But I was also mindful of what constituted a legitimate complaint versus nit-picking. After all, if I'd wanted business class with guaranteed power, I could've paid for it. And if I wanted to assure myself of a certain drink, I could've brought it on board with me!
Old May 26, 2015, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I hope the OP does not try to cut their losses and plump for J or F (if there is a) next time. Now there is a variable disparity between marketing and reality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.